What's coming out in the rest of 2017 that you're looking forward to?

• 52 results
matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey gang,

I'll admit this up front- this post is largely made because I'm pretty ignorant as to what's coming out for the rest of the year, and I'd like to see what you guys are looking forward to so I can steal some ideas!

But I guess yeah, what is coming out that you guys are eager to play this year? It seems that the early chunk of the year was SO PACKED with great games, that it seems like there's nothing left. But I'll be damned if there's actually quite a few games coming out this year.

For me, I guess it's:

-South Park TFB

-Mario Odyssey (This will be the game that will make me pick up a Switch)

-I know this isn't technically 2017, but Ni No Kuni 2 comes out EARLY January, so that's on my list.

What about you guys? Anything super special you're looking forward to getting your teeth into? I'm expecting a lot of Destiny 2 in this thread!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm mostly looking forward to Ys VIII coming out the 13th.

Other than that there are some indie games like Cuphead, RUINER and Tooth & Tail that I want to play. And some big releases like Shadow of War, Evil Within 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein 2.

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sam_lfcfan
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Fifa 18
  • Wolfenstein 2
  • Battlefront 2
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Switch - Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey

PS4 - Middle Earth: Shadow of War

3DS - Metroid

Based

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

• DESTINY 2!!!!!
  • NBA 2K18
  • Super Mario Odyssey

(also maybe that new CoD, but I'm not sure about it yet.)

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cube said:

Switch - Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey

PS4 - Middle Earth: Shadow of War

3DS - Metroid

I WAS super excited for Shadow of War, but the microtransactions stuff put me off. I guess I'll wait and see what people say in reviews, but I'm immediately put off by what I've heard

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Mario Odyssey (HUGELY excited for this game, kind of can't believe it's barely a month away.)
  • Need for Speed: Payback (In trailers this looks like the Burnout/Fast and the Furious game I want, but it's Need for Speed, which has not been good recently, so my excitement is somewhat tempered.)
  • Cuphead (This looks fantastic. I'm sure it will only play alright, but the animation is so gorgeous I probably won't care THAT much.)
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (I had fun with the first one, even if it was a bit content light. If the story is good and the vehicle combat improved I could see myself playing for 50-100 hours.)
  • Vampyr (This looks awesome and moody. Pretty excited.)

There are some other games that I'm interested in and may pick up.

• Destiny 2 is getting a lot of hype and I'm fighting back getting suckered by it like I was the first one. Definitely feeling the pull but also...I played a lot of Destiny 1 and came around profoundly dissatisfied, then bought the expansion stuff and never played it. SHOULD wait and see on this rather than jumping in.
  • Wolfenstein II looks good but I haven't played the first one yet so I'll probably wait on that. No particular reason I haven't dived in, just haven't.
  • Assassin's Creed Origins looks intriguing but I haven't played one of those games since the first and most of the rest have looked pretty unappealing. Definitely a wait and see.
  • Shadow of War is something I was looking forward to despite being lukewarm on the first game, since "bigger and better" would definitely have improved that game, but the microtransaction stuff has definitely put me off.
  • I have a good feeling about Super Lucky's Tale but don't know enough about it to get hyped. We'll see what the reviews say. I have my eye on it though.
glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By glots

I guess we already had a thread similiar to this, but eh, no matter. I'll just list all the games I'm at least somewhat interested in.

• Assassin's Creed Origins. The setting looks great and if the new combat system's actually good, that already does a lot.
  • Cuphead. Visual style alone has sold me on this, though I've started to become somewhat worried that the supposed challenge is going to be too much for me and I won't actually make it far enough to see all of those fantastic looking levels and bosses.
  • Destiny 2. It's more Destiny, except hopefully with more content and a better story.
  • Ruiner. This looks like it oozes with style and has some brutal, fast-paced combat to it. Hopefully it plays well too.
  • Shadow of War. Like the first one a lot, so that alone makes me interested.
  • Super Mario Odyssey. If I don't happen to make any (other) expensive impulse investements before this comes out, I just might buy myself a Switch. Obviously this'd be the first game I would get.
  • The Evil Within 2. The first game had multiple, severe flaws, but there's still room in my heart for a third-person horror game. They can only improve on this after the first one...right?
  • Wolfenstein 2. Loved The New Order and this looks to be everything I could've hoped for from a sequel to that. This is the one game I'm most interested in and definitely buying.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't look forward to games, instead I look backwards into what is on my backlist of games I've yet to play.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divinity: Original Sin 2 and supposedly the new Toejam & Earl are all that are left for me. Maybe WWE 2K18, but I play that on PC and it won't be out till next year.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The grim dawn expansion, not really sure what else is coming out this year honestly. If wolfenstein and god of war are coming out then i'm looking forward to at least seeing how they are.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Wolfenstein II looks absolutely nuts! Can't wait.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Etrian Odyssey V is the biggest one for me. Between that and my backlog. I should have more than enough to keep me busy for the rest of the year. I'm about to play thru the first Dishonored though, so depending on how much I like that, I might end up picking up that new Dishonored game too.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

• Destiny 2 - Something I'll probably play a lot during the first month, and then keep playing a few hours/week onward.
  • Metroid: Samus Returns - I'm not 100% sold on this yet. But since I'm a sucker for Metroid games, I'll probably pick this up close to release.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - This is one of the main reasons why I bought a Nintendo Switch in the first place.
  • Wolfenstein II: The new Colossus - Seems to be a great FPS campaign. MachineGames knows what they are doing with the Wolfenstein licence.
Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danganronpa V3, but I probably won't get it on release because those games take over my life for about a week, so I'm saving it for Xmas vacation.

I might pick up one of the "big" releases like Asassin's or Shadow of War, depending on how quick they get discounted.

Cuphead continues to look cool.

I think there's some 3D platformer about a girl with a hat that looks like something I'd be into, I'm waiting for general opinions to get out on that one after the way Yooka Laylee turned out.

My year's already pretty much done though, Yakuza 0, Persona 5 and Automata are too far above anything else I've played this year that my GOTY List That Never Actually Exists might have to consist of only 3 games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

• Artika 1 Oculus Rift game made by the same devs from Metro
  • Evil within 2
  • Wolfenstein 2
OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!

Cuphead

Wolfenstein II

South Park

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Destiny 2, Ruiner, CODWW2, Wolfenstein, South Park, Shadow of War, Mario Odyssey

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil Within 2 and, uh... That's it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

Off the top of my head, and not in any particular order (like interest level): The Evil Within 2, Assassin's Creed: Origins, Call of Duty WWII, Super Mario Odyssey, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, maybe Destiny 2 (maybe), perhaps Cuphead (I don't know much about it other than it seems to be a side scroller, and I love the retro art style). Yeah, that's it for me. Also, not to put down your thread and get up on my high horse, but I made a very similar thread nearly a month ago. I understand it's probably buried under a bunch of other threads by now though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to most of the games people have mentioned.

RUINER. Wolfenstein 2. Destiny 2.

This year really is insane, isn't it? If video game development ceased for the next two years I would have enough in my back catalogue to keep me entertained. But the hits just DON'T STOP. It's relentless. Never been a better time, etc.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein TNC. I'll probably play the new AC & Destiny 2 at some point but i'm not really excited about either of them. Shadow of War might be alright.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

• Danganronpa V3
  • Life is Strange: Before the Storm (the rest of the season)
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War

I am also curious about Wolfenstein II and hope The Evil Within 2 is better than the first game was. I am also excited for Super Mario Odyssey, but I'm worried that game is secretly a collect-a-thon.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Destiny 2, Redout, Ruiner, Wolfenstein, Shadow of War, Evil Within 2.

Jibanyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danganronpa V3 and Wolfenstein II. I'd add Super Mario Odyssey if I wasn't just focusing on games for consoles that I actually own.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#27  Edited By ArbitraryWater

In terms of "big" and "notable" releases that I will get.

• Super Mario Odyssey - I feel like this one should be fairly obvious. I have a Switch now. It's a new 3D Mario Game. What else am I going to get on that thing? Fire Emblem Warriors? Because let me tell you: even as someone who loves the shit out of Fire Emblem, I'm not convinced I need to experience that series via Musou.
  • Etrian Odyssey V - Another game with Odyssey in the title, weirdly enough. It's been something like 5 years since IV came out and boy could I go for a new Etrian Odyssey game right about now instead of a prettied up remake of an old Etrian Odyssey game with a bad anime story mode or a Persona crossover with dubious mechanics.
  • Divinity Original Sin II - Backed it on Kickstarter, so I already technically have it. Liked the first one a hell of a lot, so I'm more than happy to give this one a shot too when it comes out in two weeks.

And then in the MAYYYYBE (or "Wait for it to go on sale") category:

• The Evil Within 2 - I thought that first one was incredibly inconsistent, but if this one fixes a couple of its problems I think it could turn out pretty well.
  • Destiny 2 - Honestly, I dunno if I necessarily need "Destiny, but more" in my life immediately at launch, but I've resigned myself to eventually picking this up.
  • Shadow of War - In the 3 years since Shadow of Mordor I've kinda soured on that particular style of open world game. If people are lukewarm on it I'll probably give it a pass entirely.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors - Okay, shoot me. What else am I going to do with all of those Fire Emblem amiibos that I own?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm looking forward to a few but Mario is the only thing I plan on buying. A lot of sequels to games I own but haven't finished are coming out. So I think the rest of the year is going to be playing older stuff on PS3 & 4 and the few Switch titles that interest me.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Ghost of a Tale comes out this year (unlikely), I would be super happy. It looks delightful and memorable. Probably a 2018 game though. That's all I can think of.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divinity Original Sin 2 is probably the game i'm looking most forward to, i backed both the first one and the second one. And i enjoyed all 80 hours of the first. 2 looks really really good. Have had access to it for a long time, but i have been waiting to start it until its completely finished.

Other then that Destiny 2 and Wolfenstein The New Colossus are both games i plan on getting as well.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Mainly just Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and Cuphead

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By sub_o

Danganronpa V3 and Wolfenstein 2

ageoldfaceoffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fractued but whole

Destiny 2

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Xneoblade Chronicles 2

Not crazy about the character designs, but hoping it delivers on the active tactical combat and has a more cohesive story than Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Total War: Warhammer II
Divinity: Original Sin II
Digital Combat Simulator: AV-8B Harrier
Digital Combat Simulator: F-14 Tomcat
Digital Combat Simulator: F/A-18 Hornet

Last quarter of 2017 is rad as heck if you're kind of a dork.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

NHL 18

Need For Speed Payback

COD: WWII

Battlefront 2

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny 2 will take up all of my time this year. Might be able to check out the new LotR game if it's any good.

For next year, though - Monster Hunter World looks like it'll be great.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are the games I will probably buy this fall:

• AC Origins - I'm a sucker for historical settings in games. Exploring ancient Alexandria taking orders from Cleopatra and Julius Caesar sounds pretty sweet to me.
  • Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection - I've wanted this game since the Xbox One release. Heard some concerning things about park size in the original release but that's fixed now! Definitely looking to get this for PC.
  • Vampyr - Being a vampire in Victorian London sounds awesome. I also like Dontnod's previous releases, Remember Me and Life is Strange.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds - I really liked this game and more story with Aloy is great.
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

That Dishonored DLC can't come out soon enough.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Vampyr interests me because I like Dontnod and the setting seems to be my kind of thing. I'm still unsure about the gameplay.

I'll definitely play War of the Chosen for XCOM 2 at some point but I'm not quite sure when I'll find the time.

Ruiner still looks very cool.

The closest release is Bastard's Wound for Tyranny. Me playing that immediately is a given, barring catastrophic reactions from critics and fans.

Edit: Oh, and Shadow of War seemed like an obvious buy for me, but the loot boxes will probably make that a candidate for a steep sale or a pass.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

There are a lot:

• Ys VIII
  • Tokyo Xanadu
  • Mario Odyssey
  • Monster Hunter Stories
  • Utawarerumono Mask of Truth
  • Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
  • Chaos;Child
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Danganronpa V3
  • Wolfenstein II
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I will most likely not play all these games this years, in fact I could see myself playing my backlog from 2017 for many years to come...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divinity Original Sin 2.

Project Cars 2.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wolfenstein 2, Cuphead and... that is about it.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gerrid

For sure:

Destiny 2 - The first one got better as time went on but I liked it enough at the start. I already like what I saw in the Beta and I like to be part of the zetigeist for games like this too.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - Dishonoreds 1 & 2 are two of my favourite games and this looks like it might be the best one yet. Really excited, I actually didn't realise it was out so soon

Super Mario Odyssey - Of course

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - I really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles, thought Xenoblade X was grand and beautiful and charming but also weird and very bad in some parts. This looks like it might find a nice place between those two.

It's already been a crazy year for high quality games, and I still have Horizon, Uncharted LL, FF12 and Mario + Rabbids, plus a couple of other games that I missed. So actually only have 4 'must buys' until Christmas is fine with me. Also since I have basically 3 MMOs on the go (FFXIV, ESO, Destiny 2), I probably wouldn't be able to cope if there were 7 or 8 top quality games coming out soon.

Depending on reviews I might be tempted by:

Assassins Creed Origins - This honestly looks terrible but I might have a moment of weakness.

Shadow of War - I like Shadow of Mordor but I'm not sure I can cope with how much stuff they've piled into this game. It looks way too stressful.

Battlefront 2 - Depending on if I'm still playing PUBG and Overwatch and Splatoon and Destiny 2 Crucible by the time it comes out.

Wolfenstein 2 - If it is both good and not too long, I might grab it as a palate cleanser.

Fifa 18 on Switch - Eh just because it might be nice to be able to play on the go.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Mario, Metroid and Wolfenstein

Just like if it were the 90's still.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Destiny 2 and Mario Odyssey.

I'd like to get Project CARS 2 and Battlefront 2 as well, but waiting on reviews for those as I'd like to cut down on my games purchasing for the rest of the year.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nicksmi56
  • Metroid: Samus Returns: A new 2D Metroid with improved mechanics? Where you can pin items on the map? And it's portable? Yes please!
  • Super Mario Odyssey: E3 trailer. New 3D Mario. Those are the only things I need to say.
  • Sonic Forces: Sonic Generations 2. Once again, all I need to say. And the custom character could be cool if they do it right.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Ideally, I'd like to buy and finish the first one first, so this is the only one that's not a guaranteed buy. But since Persona 4 has officially turned me into a JRPG fan, I may not be able to resist if it turns out this isn't that connected to the first one.
GrayFoxbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need to get a Switch with Mario+Rabbids

Slightly interested in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider(Love Dishonored 1 & 2)

Divinity Original Sin 2(Perhaps)

Forza 7(PC)

ME -Shadow of War (PC)(Perhaps)

Destiny 2(PC)

Mario Odissey

Wolfenstein 2(PC)

Also curious about NFS Payback, Battlefront 2 and AC Origins.

Mario Odissey, Destiny 2, Forza 7 and Wolfenstein 2 are locked in for me. October is fucked up dudes.

Oh gawd, XC2 is 2017? OK, I'm getting a Switch.

This list is going to get trimmed down. I don't have time to play all those games and I only buy a game if I have the time to play it. I also don't like to juggle too many games at once. Don't know how the staff does it. GOTY 2017 is going to be so weird.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - I haven't played a CRPG in a while, but this looks deep and amazing. The promise of a whole race of undead mixed in with all the more classic Fantasy races changes everything. It also looks graphically gorgeous.

Outreach - Stranded on a space station, in the middle of a Cold War thriller story? Super curious how this turns out, and if it's still going to land in 2017.

Shadow of War - Looks like they've done an incredible job expanding what made Shadow of Mordor cool. I believe Monolith could make a system that won't be damaged by microtransactions, too. But I am worried that I'll be wrong.

Katana ZERO - Another game that might slip to 2018, but it oozes style and is definitely a big dot on my radar.

Mario Odyssey - I'm a much bigger 2D Mario guy than a 3D Mario guy, but controlling enemies with your hat just looks so fun.

Not that I'm hurting for content. I haven't beaten Nier yet, or even started Hellblade, Observer, or Darkwood.

Avatar image for absoluteunit207
AbsoluteUnit207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odyssey and Wolfenstein are at the top of the list. (10/27 is going to be a busy day!)

But oddly enough, I'm irrationally excited for Golf Story, for some reason or another.