What's GTA trilogy control scheme going to be? In terms of existing games?

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

There's a bunch of secrecy about how the game will play. I love 3rd person action games. But i doubt there will be much on par with what i expect form 3rd person action games. So no clambering or animations we've come to expect in the third person space. What are we getting? Post the control pad control scheme.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’d assume as close to GTA 5 as is possible. So not amazing, but not completely terrible.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Nobody actually knows, but the leaks plus the official script from Rockstar says it'll be closer to GTA 5. You'll just have to wait and see because they haven't shown proper gameplay.

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they are pulling straight from GTA V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq400bNnSzg&t=632s
(go to 3:20)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

@kevinwalsh: I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is just a GTA V mod and not video from the definitive edition.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope there is an option for the original controls. Also, I hope Vice City and San Andreas have all the original music or I’m out.

Avatar image for deactivated-636514d3175a5
deactivated-636514d3175a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinwalsh: Pretty sure that's gameplay from a mod. Not the new remaster.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robertforster: Vice City already cut music from the original release over the years, most notably the two Michael Jackson songs.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Nodima  Online
Loading Video...

Some guy streamed the first half hour of GTA3 earlier today, it's unlisted so the video might not come down before the release tonight - it's already had over 100,000 views anyway.

As you can see from the thumbnail, checkpoints have been added to missions. The lighting model is predictably incredible considering what these games used to look like though it does create some very anachronistic moments when the game can't stop pretending it was overly ambitious even by 2001 standards.

You kinda wish he'd played either other game because, as expected, GTA 3's radio is exactly as it was at release thanks to all much of the music being original, public domain or from remarkably obscure artists (or, in Royce da 5'9"'s case, fairly obscure versions of super early music). This is the game everyone expected to touch all the pleasure centers it needed to so one could argue nobody needs to see it to make a purchase decision.

Anyway, this guy is a pretty terrible driver unless he's just experimenting with physics (unchanged), and that's what most of this video is. No combat, sadly, though you can see the driving controls have switched to L2/R2 and he seems to have free control of the camera with the analogue stick rather than those triggers like it used to be.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks rough. Whatever range they've picked for the lighting favours the dark way too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Played 30mins of sa andreas. Think im done fam

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very bizarre to hear GTA SA menu sounds in GTA 3.

Holding my tongue on the presentation. Doing this to 3 games at the same time probably sent the team through hell and back. It just doesn't... work with such a mixture of styles and levels of quality.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Glad i got that reverse engineered downloaded before they took it down a second time, and delisted the the original games. This is just an odd mix of to much improved in some aspects, not enough in others. They should have gone all the way and remastered them (im sure to costly to bundle them for $60), or just improved the originals a little here and there to bring them up to modern standards. San Andreas with out an orange hazy sky is not San Andreas.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So glad they added a map in GTA 3. Kinda looking forward to listening to those fake radio stations - they had some real bangers.

Other than that, from the lack of official material of this package I'm going to assume it's a hot mess and not actually worth the money. The games are old, Rockstar has done them no favors on anroid/ios and there just isn't much to hope for in my eyes.

I hope we get a good, long quick look of this!