What's the douchiest electronic device you own?

• 95 results
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I was talking to my friend about getting a laptop awhile ago, and wanted an ultraportable laptop that had a decent amount of power. I was tipped on a Dell sale, where I got the Alienware M11x. After thinking about it, it's almost hard to tell people what laptop I own, because I'll be seen as 'that guy'. So I wanted to know if anyone else had a dumb electronic they got not because of what it is, but because it's actually a good product with a odd reputation.  Also, another good example is the old Zunes

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By ReyGitano

I own a Zen Creative MP3 player, which I guess it automatically strange because it's not an iPod. I also still carry around a pre-paid cell phone. I think that's the extreme of it, though I was also the first of my friends to buy an HDTV for their own room.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Rebirth1337

No..

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dark

An Iphone, OH See what I did thar? :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iPod

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By crusader8463

Every ones opinion on douche varies so I can't really say. Nothing I think is douchie, but I'm sure someone somewhere would think something I own is douchie.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@crusader8463 said:
" Every ones opinion on douche varies so I can't really say. Nothing I think is douchie, but I'm sure someone somewhere would think something I own is douchie. "
Question really is, what thing do you own that in your opinion is kind of stupid, but you like it anyway for not the reason people expect you to. Like I enjoy my alienware, not because Im a HARDCORE 2 DA MAX PC GAMER 4 LIFE, but I like that its well built, and I have the option to game on the go.
SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By SMTDante89

Apparently an iPod makes you a hipster douche or some bull like that.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iPhone 4...  i used to hate people who pulled them out in public and people that showed them off, actually i still do.  i remember seeing a fat guy lounging on the corner seat of the bus (thats the best and most comfortable seats on the busses i take) and he has an iPad out.  it first came out a week ago and god he was showing that shit off like crazy.  i remember he had a look on his face that he was the shit and he was exaggerating his "scrolling" movements.  i just wanted to snap that thing

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlasherMan

I didn't realize electronic devices could make someone look douchey.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GunslingerPanda

An iPhone :( Can't wait for the contract to expire so I can get a real phone.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twitchey

I own an iDouche

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@GunslingerPanda said:
" An iPhone :( Can't wait for the contract to expire so I can get a real phone. "
Just curius, what in your mind is a real phone? I was thinking of getting a windows 7 phone after my contract goes up with my G2.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GunslingerPanda
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @GunslingerPanda said:
" An iPhone :( Can't wait for the contract to expire so I can get a real phone. "
Just curius, what in your mind is a real phone? I was thinking of getting a windows 7 phone after my contract goes up with my G2. "
I dunno. As long as it doesn't crash constantly, force you to either pay ridiculous money for limited customization or crack it for unlimited, lose contact with the damn SIM card weekly, I'll probably try it.

I had a friend who bought an iPhone "because you look cool with it."
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Afroman269

Really? iPhones are an option? If you feel like a douche for having one then why own one? People tend to pull a phone out to, oh I don't know, use it. Most of the people who think others are douches for pulling out an iPhone usually don't or can't have one.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By beargirl1
@SlashseveN303 said:
" I own a Zen Creative MP3 player, which I guess it automatically strange because it's not an iPod.. "
i used to own one of those. probably the worst purchase i've ever made >< 

i guess the 'douchiest' thing i own (whatever that means) is an iPod. 
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReyGitano
@AjayRaz said:
" @SlashseveN303 said:
" I own a Zen Creative MP3 player, which I guess it automatically strange because it's not an iPod.. "

"
I always think they're worth the money, but something always goes wrong right away that you have to live with. My first one would get dust behind the screen, the second lost it's built in speaker after an hour, but I would never use that anyways.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By crusader8463
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" Every ones opinion on douche varies so I can't really say. Nothing I think is douchie, but I'm sure someone somewhere would think something I own is douchie. "
Question really is, what thing do you own that in your opinion is kind of stupid, but you like it anyway for not the reason people expect you to. Like I enjoy my alienware, not because Im a HARDCORE 2 DA MAX PC GAMER 4 LIFE, but I like that its well built, and I have the option to game on the go. "
Hmm... I don't have a lot of stuff outside of my PC/consoles/games/the clothes on my back, but I guess a lot of people think having an mp3 player is dumb now a days, but I have no desire to ever buy a phone so I still need one. I bought one a few months back during some newegg.ca sale so I had something to listen to stuff on while I go for a walk. Since I got an ear infection a few months back that won't go away I mostly just use it to listen to the bombcast while I'm laying in bed Tuesday night instead of needing to leave my computer on to listen to it.

Other then that I can't think of anything. I have a lot of JRPG's and it's always cool to hate them now a days so I guess some would think that. And I got this DVD of some anime I never heard of from winning a contest on Anime Vice years ago when that site still existed.

Is it cool to hate Halo now? I still have the master chief helmet that came with the legendary edition sitting on my shelf because I always liked the way the helmet looked. Not really a fan of Halo outside of the books, but I like the look of it so I kept it on the shelf.

Other then that the only other thing I have are my Star Wars novels and a Dragon Age lithograph framed and mounted on my wall.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't even know what this thread means!

Electronics that make you look like a douchebag? Bluetooth headsets?
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@GunslingerPanda said:
" @BestUsernameEver said:
" @GunslingerPanda said:
Just curius, what in your mind is a real phone? I was thinking of getting a windows 7 phone after my contract goes up with my G2. "
I dunno. As long as it doesn't crash constantly, force you to either pay ridiculous money for limited customization or crack it for unlimited, lose contact with the damn SIM card weekly, I'll probably try it.

I had a friend who bought an iPhone "because you look cool with it."
"
lol wow, I definitely research before buying something connected to a contract, not to look 'cool' lol. I am seriously considering an HD7, I can't bare this fragmentation on Android, it seems once one new phone comes out, every android developer phone company moves to that, and forgets to support anything older. I think Microsoft is a good supplier to go with right now, they may not have good support just yet, but they sure learned to step it up after this latest update got delayed to the point of embarasment. It seems it ok with Tmobile to say a OS update is coming, then tell you, oh wait, it wont be coming to your device,
ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By ColinWright

Probably my Zune. 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By napalm
@TheMustacheHero said:
" I don't even know what this thread means!
Electronics that make you look like a douchebag? Bluetooth headsets?
"
Bluetooth headsets make everybody look like a douchebag.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Brendan

This is the thread where we should all realize that the insult "douche" has been overused to oblivion.

Chalian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chalian

Zune HD
KittenMitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KittenMitten

When I think douchey electronics I think about my cousin who seems to spend hundreds of bucks a month on his car sound system. I really don't find most popular gadgets all that douchey.

My cousin still rocks a soul patch and killer sideburns, btw.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Brendan said:
" This is the thread where we should all realize that the insult "douche" has been overused to oblivion. "
Maybe, but I think it's effective in this topic. I also learned today that you look like an idiot if you own an iPhone.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By beargirl1
@SlashseveN303 said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" @SlashseveN303 said:

"
I always think they're worth the money, but something always goes wrong right away that you have to live with. My first one would get dust behind the screen, the second lost it's built in speaker after an hour, but I would never use that anyways. "
mine locked up all the time after about 1-2 months of owning it and taking good care of it. it would lock up and i wouldn't be able to reset it until the battery died. 

there was this one time where i went on vacation for two weeks and my Zen locked up while i was on the plane. when i got to a place with power, it wouldn't turn off until the battery died, and it never recharged itself for the duration of the trip. it made the two weeks there kind of suck a bit more than it should have. 
Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Stray

Bluetooth headset. I feel like such an asshole when I wear one. I've only had to wear one a few times for work though. but usually I'm so self conscious I have it in my pocket until I absolutely need it.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Karl_Boss

A boombox.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ReyGitano
@AjayRaz said:
" @SlashseveN303 said:
" @AjayRaz said:
" @SlashseveN303 said:

"
I always think they're worth the money, but something always goes wrong right away that you have to live with. My first one would get dust behind the screen, the second lost it's built in speaker after an hour, but I would never use that anyways. "
mine locked up all the time after about 1-2 months of owning it and taking good care of it. it would lock up and i wouldn't be able to reset it until the battery died. 

there was this one time where i went on vacation for two weeks and my Zen locked up while i was on the plane. when i got to a place with power, it wouldn't turn off until the battery died, and it never recharged itself for the duration of the trip. it made the two weeks there kind of suck a bit more than it should have. 
"
That's actually what forced me to buy a newer model -_-. I could reset mine most of the time, but I had to do it so often, that I just gave up on it.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Nothing I own is douchey, because I don't even know what that means.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a Cowon mp3 player.. which makes me the opposite of a douche: totally awesome.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@PrivateIronTFU: Like I said to Crusader,  " Question really is, what thing do you own that in your opinion is kind of stupid, but you like it anyway for not the reason people expect you to. Like I enjoy my alienware, not because Im a HARDCORE 2 DA MAX PC GAMER 4 LIFE, but I like that its well built, and I have the option to game on the go."
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iam3green

i guess a sana view, since it's not an ipod. my cellphone, it's not a big phone that i can surf the internet on. it's an flip-phone.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Aronman789

People look at me like I'm an asshole when I say I play on PC

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HandsomeDead

Alienware really is the worst thing ever. It was never not embarrassing to see the people who had them in high school, breaking them out at any opportunity to play some Crysis or some shit like that.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Commando

Probably my Macbook Pro.

If you drive a Prius, that counts as a douchy electronic device.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By CSXLoser

walking around with big can headphones :P

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By habster3

An electronic douchebag for my dogs ;)

I don't think of any of my devices as "douchey."

waitwhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By waitwhat

beats by dre?

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Commando said:
" Probably my Macbook Pro.If you drive a Prius, that counts as a douchy electronic device. "
lmao
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DystopiaX

Don't have a lot tbh. Closest I guess is an iphone, the rest is just some nerdy shit that people don't know about (Audio Technica headphones, G9x mouse, Leopold Mechanical keyboard, etc.)

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sarge1445
@HandsomeDead said:
" Alienware really is the worst thing ever. It was never not embarrassing to see the people who had them in high school, breaking them out at any opportunity to play some Crysis or some shit like that. "
I love my m11x r2 light weight holds a good charge for when in class. Also where the hell do you live to where people in high school have alienwares? I am one year into college and I have seen 1 outside of mine. Personally I love Alienware I've had npothing but good experiances with mine. Yes you pay a high cost but, some of us don't wont to build and hearing all my friends complaining about there toshibas and HPs I feel like it was the right choice.
sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sarge1445

As for douchey electronics I own hmm well id have to say the 3DS because  i Never use it and thats pretty lame

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@sarge1445 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" Alienware really is the worst thing ever. It was never not embarrassing to see the people who had them in high school, breaking them out at any opportunity to play some Crysis or some shit like that. "
I love my m11x r2 light weight holds a good charge for when in class. Also where the hell do you live to where people in high school have alienwares? I am one year into college and I have seen 1 outside of mine. Personally I love Alienware I've had npothing but good experiances with mine. Yes you pay a high cost but, some of us don't wont to build and hearing all my friends complaining about there toshibas and HPs I feel like it was the right choice. "
I just got an Alienware M11x r1 and I agree, the battery is amazing in save power mode. I got it for college, I needed a machine that could do photoshop fairly well, and in the price range, alienware is the best. Also, I am too wondering how many high school kids own a gaming laptop, unless this handsome dead lives in Orange county or something. The reason why people buy alienwares is because, yes, you can build a home PC, but a laptop is so much harder and more expensive, so Alienware offers the best built gaming laptops Ive seen. 
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@sarge1445 said:

" As for douchey electronics I own hmm well id have to say the 3DS because  i Never use it and thats pretty lame "

I think that's more Nintendo's fault on the release date, and less the product itself, but yes, completely agree. It came out, and a week later I thought, wow, if I'm not caring or playing it A WEEK after coming out, Nintendo did something wrong with the release schedule. 
sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sarge1445
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @sarge1445 said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
I love my m11x r2 light weight holds a good charge for when in class. Also where the hell do you live to where people in high school have alienwares? I am one year into college and I have seen 1 outside of mine. Personally I love Alienware I've had npothing but good experiances with mine. Yes you pay a high cost but, some of us don't wont to build and hearing all my friends complaining about there toshibas and HPs I feel like it was the right choice. "
I just got an Alienware M11x r1 and I agree, the battery is amazing in save power mode. I got it for college, I needed a machine that could do photoshop fairly well, and in the price range, alienware is the best. Also, I am too wondering how many high school kids own a gaming laptop, unless this handsome dead lives in Orange county or something. The reason why people buy alienwares is because, yes, you can build a home PC, but a laptop is so much harder and more expensive, so Alienware offers the best built gaming laptops Ive seen.  "
Or I don't feel like building my own desktop, but still want to have that nice look and good build quality. People are willing to pay the apple tax well im willing to pay the alienware tax
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By nintendoeats

iPod Classic.

Just waiting for the damn thing to completely die so that I can get something else. They finally figured out how to make them reliable, so I guess I'm stuck with it for a while longer.

KontX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KontX

I wouldn't call them douchy, but rather out of the ordinary. My Virtual Boy and GP2X Wiz

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50  Edited By JasonR86

Does a surround sound system that is greater than my means count?

I also own all three major systems this generation.  I find that kind of douchey.  But it's also really cool.