#1 Edited by Hayt (1664 posts) -

One of my favourite games this year was Prey: Mooncrash. It is technically DLC for Prey but in many ways it's own thing. It doesn't have it's own listing on GB but if I recall one year had people voting for DLC for some game. If I put this on my list (as Prey) will I be throwing my vote away? Thanks!

#2 Posted by burncoat (557 posts) -

I think for the community voting it'll come down to if the game got enough points to have somebody go "Yeah the DLC was significant this year". At least, that's what I got from the description when it came to nominating old games.

Don't let it stop you from voting for it, though. I put Destiny 2 in my list because Forsaken was really good.

#3 Edited by Sahalarious (751 posts) -

People voted for Blood and Wine for witcher 3, but in reality an expansion is just that....an expansion of an existing game. Semantics aside, for your own list go for it, really doesn't matter.

#4 Posted by Superharman (299 posts) -

I voted for Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country, but that had a stand alone release and has a separate entry on GB.

#5 Posted by nutter (1967 posts) -

@sahalarious: Blood and Wine was better than most full games this generation.

Personally, I think DLC should count, horse armor and all...the best will content will rise.

#6 Posted by Sahalarious (751 posts) -

@nutter: I do agree that Blood and Wine was absolutely amazing, but same as Hitman 2 i don't feel like more of the same is ever really poised to win. God though i haven't enjoyed DLC like that since Shivering Isles

#7 Edited by Wemibelle (2630 posts) -

@hayt: I had Mooncrash on my list as well and just put Prey in that spot.

#8 Posted by The_Greg (535 posts) -
@burncoat said:

I think for the community voting it'll come down to if the game got enough points to have somebody go "Yeah the DLC was significant this year". At least, that's what I got from the description when it came to nominating old games.

Don't let it stop you from voting for it, though. I put Destiny 2 in my list because Forsaken was really good.

I think this, basically. Even if it means it technically can't get GotY, it's always good to discuss stuff that deserves it, good or bad.

Maybe there should be a DLC category.

#10 Posted by cubidog (96 posts) -

Isn't the best old game category used for exactly this? Games that came out before this year, but were supported this year with free updates/dlc? Stuff like Overwatch, Stardew Valley, GTA 5, etc.. I personally just don't think you should be putting a game that didn't release this year on a list meant for games that did come out this year.

#11 Posted by mikewhy (331 posts) -

@alphonsinov: all your posts have shady links added to them.