What's your biggest gaming disappointment of 2011 (So far)?

• 188 results
Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fizzy

Mine would probably be Call of Juarez: The Cartel. I was really looking forward to it being a "good" game, but unfortunately it was marred by framerate drops, glitches etc...I don't think the story was very good either.

Good thing Dead Island has redeemed Deep Silver and Techland in my eyes! Lol.

So, what game/games did you find the most disappointing so far and why?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

For me it would be the announcement of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Not that I think any of the changes being made to that game are bad (quite the contrary), it's just super disappointing that Capcom has the gall to put out a new version of a game with so many significant changes in the same year that the original came out.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

Shadows of the Damned. I expected one of the year's best games and got one that was just okay.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

The cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, probably.

Though to be honest, so many game companies have made so many ridiculous decisions this year, that it's hard to decide.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fizzy

@Icemael: Really? I heard that it was a pretty good game. Was thinking about getting it, looked kind of wacky in a good way. Lol.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fizzy

@MooseyMcMan: Yeah, I felt the same way. I think they did the same thing with Streetfighter IV?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Crysis 2 is my biggest disappointment in anything ever.. I have never in my entire life been this disappointed in anything

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Bastion.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Slaker117

LA Noire, by far.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fizzy

@AhmadMetallic: I played the demo and it felt kind of like every other FPS with a few tweaks, why were you so disappointed?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By Icemael
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Dragon Age II.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marcsman

My 4th YLOD. 
Gamewise LA Noire.
Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fizzy

@Icemael: Ah, I see what you mean. I hate it when developers implement this "They’re just as easy to defeat as the rest of what the Netherworld has to offer, but unlike their lower-ranked associates they don’t have the courtesy to go down quickly." kind of strategy, it really wrecks the experience for me.

Thanks for the link by the way.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fizzy

@LordXavierBritish: Yeah, I was definitely disappointed with the Dragon Age II demo. They completely changed the gameplay and graphics for the worse in my opinion.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By MildMolasses

@MooseyMcMan said:

For me it would be the announcement of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Not that I think any of the changes being made to that game are bad (quite the contrary), it's just super disappointing that Capcom has the gall to put out a new version of a game with so many significant changes in the same year that the original came out.

It actually amazes me that Capcom aren't as reviled as Activision and EA are. They do a lot more to shit on it's customers/fans then either of those companies do. How many times have they re-released games over the years? And they still have 2 more rehashes coming this yeart. At least Activision/EA have the decency to just put out dlc for their games, not put it on a disc and make you rebuy a game to get it. (And yes I know that you could dl the AE stuff for SSF IV)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@Fizzy said:

@AhmadMetallic: I played the demo and it felt kind of like every other FPS with a few tweaks, why were you so disappointed?

Crysis 2 on its own is another fun actiony FPS, yes.. but as a sequel to Crysis, its so much of an insulting abomination I can't even begin to describe it.

I see you chose The Cartel. While I loved CoJ 1 and 2, they weren't exactly that amazing for me to expect something big in The Cartel, however I did expect a proper sequel and was also very disappointed by the piece of feces that The Cartel is.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fizzy

@Slaker117: Definitely agree with you there. It's so repetitive and mundane, not enough variety for me. It's always

1). Drive to Case

2). Look for Clues

3). Drive to place

4). Confront Suspect(s)

5). Chase Scene

6). Apprehend/ Kill Suspect(s)

7). Interrogate Suspect (s)

8). Pick who committed the crime

9). Repeat.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fizzy

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Fizzy said:

Crysis 2 on its own is another fun actiony FPS, yes.. but as a sequel to Crysis, its so much of an insulting abomination I can't even begin to describe it.

I see you chose The Cartel. While I loved CoJ 1 and 2, they weren't exactly that amazing for me to expect something big in The Cartel, however I did expect a proper sequel and was also very disappointed by the piece of feces that The Cartel is.

I agree that Crysis 2 was disappointing (I never even purchased it :{ ). I liked the first Call of Juarez, Bound in Blood kind of disappointed me and the Cartel was...just bad. Lol.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Yanngc33

Homefront because they tricked me into thinking it was going to be a good game

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fizzy

@Yanngc33 said:

Lol, they almost got me too until they released the demo. I mean, it's not THAT bad, it has a Battlefield Bad Co. feel to it but the controls are just.....way too sluggish for a competitive FPS.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NakAttack

from dust and dragon age 2

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Moonshadow101

DA:II. It wasn't overtly bad the play through, but it was littered with tiny disappointments, and at the end I couldn't muster the will to play through it again. Compared to DA:O, which I played through three times before I even considered putting it down.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24  Edited By Yanngc33

@Fizzy said:

@Yanngc33 said:

Lol, they almost got me too until they released the demo. I mean, it's not THAT bad, it has a Battlefield Bad Co. feel to it but the controls are just.....way too sluggish for a competitive FPS.

I would play Bad Company for hours instead of playing that piece of crap ever again

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Vexxan

L.A. Noire, specifically the ending.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deeveeus

@Fizzy said:

@Slaker117: Definitely agree with you there. It's so repetitive and mundane, not enough variety for me. It's always

1). Drive to Case

2). Look for Clues

3). Drive to place

4). Confront Suspect(s)

5). Chase Scene

9). Repeat.

Most games are that kind of flow though really aren't they? I'm not saying you're in any way wrong, in fact you are right...I guess I shouldn't say Gears of War is running to cover, shooting, run to room, cover, shoot anymore :P I guess that's what SHOULD separate a 7-8 from a 9-10

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fizzy

@Vegsen said:

L.A. Noire, specifically the ending.

How DID L.A. Noire end? I never finished playing it Lol.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By valiantgrizzly

@AhmadMetallic said:

Crysis 2 is my biggest disappointment in anything ever.. I have never in my entire life been this disappointed in anything

You have led a really good life. I'm jealous.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThePaleKing

Haven't bought too many games this year, so I haven't had many occasions to be disappointed. However, losing interest in LA Noir, a game I had been looking forward to for years, after hearing about how much combat was in the game, was pretty disappointing. The From Dust release debacle was also a real downer, since I'm big fan of Eric Chahi. So yeah, thought it may sound weird, not purchasing those two games was a disappointment for me.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Dragon Age II, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Red Faction Armageddon and LA Noire.

I loved Crysis 2. I like Crysis 1 better, but I don't see the Crysis 2 hate. I thought the suit options in that game and openess of the environments were awesome.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fizzy

@Deeveeus said:

@Fizzy said:

1). Drive to Case

2). Look for Clues

3). Drive to place

4). Confront Suspect(s)

5). Chase Scene

9). Repeat.

Most games are that kind of flow though really aren't they? I'm not saying you're in any way wrong, in fact you are right...I guess I shouldn't say Gears of War is running to cover, shooting, run to room, cover, shoot anymore :P I guess that's what SHOULD separate a 7-8 from a 9-10

Yeah, that's true, most games ARE that way. I don't know, it was just something about the way they implemented it that made it boring. Maybe it wasn't broken up enough or something. It was also annoying how they make you drive across the map to complete a side mission.

You're right about Gears of War, I don't know why that game keeps me interested (Maybe it's the way the guys explode into gibbits lol).

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By nick_verissimo

How has nobody said this yet? The 3DS! I was optimistic about it after E3 that I went out and bought one and since then it's been all heartbreak. I'm not upset about the price I spent I on it, I'm just disappointed in the lack of support for the platform.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@digitalsea87 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

You have led a really good life. I'm jealous.

I just value games that much

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Klei

Homefront, Dragon Age 2 and L.A. Noire.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ThePaleKing

Forgot to mention it in my other post, but Bastion was also a disappointment to me. I don't think it is a bad game by any means, I am just disappointed that I don't feel at all interested in playing the game; the combat is tedious for me, as is navigating the game in general.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Animasta

funnily enough DA2 wasn;t THAT much of a dissappointment, because I only paid 12 dollars for it. I don't think I really played a super bad game this entire year, actually.

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By WJist

Catherine. That demo really underwhelmed me after all the hype. I went from thinking about doing the pre-order to just reading the reviews and watching gameplay footage. And I generally like Atlus games.

@Fizzy:Phelps gets fired from the squad after having a romantic trist with Elsa. His old war buddy Jack Kelso steps in to help unravel the conspiracy surrounding the Suburban Redevelopment Fund. Everyone directly involved with the fund is killed or stopped, the ringer for the bad guys is the flamethrower guy from Phelps and Kelso's unit, who kidnaps Elsa and runs into the sewers. Kelso kills him, catches up with Phelps and escapes, but not before Phelps dies in the sewers after having saved Elsa. The game ends in a funeral sequence where Roy Earle leads the eulogy and (more or less) Phelps's actions throughout the game don't really remove the corruption in LA.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FritzDude

Can't think of any really, maybe because i knew what to expect with each game i purchased.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fizzy

@WJist: Yeah, that DOES suck. Kind of a generic ending. Ah, well. Thanks for telling me how it ended Lol.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead

LA Noire. Could have been something special, but it turned into a video game far too often and then the Black Dahlia case made no sense.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pazy

W40k Space Marine (PS3), I bought it to play with a friend but it wont let me so I had to return it. I really like the single player and what little I played of the multiplayer was fantastic fun, I liked the balance of Heavy Machine gun vs Jet Pack. It would have been less disappointing if the game was worse but I really like it. I managed to get my money back and will instead get Gears of War 3. I dont like Gears 3 as much but I was planning to get it soon anyway to play with friends in horde and campaign.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ravenlight

Homefront and From Dust on the PC.

Homefront is a collection of disjointed interactive scenes pretending to be a game and the DRM-tastic, shoddy PC port of From Dust turned me off of what would probably have been a great game.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

Dragon Age 2 by far. After putting 300 hours or so into Origins and The Awakening expansion I was just really bummed on how Dragon Age 2 turned out. I never even completed it. If I can ever get around to finishing it maybe the it'll change my opinion some.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Dragon Age 2. Not as horrible as some people make out, but it's definitely a very disappointing Bioware game.

I'm also a 3DS early adopter. Nintendo did a horrible job on the thing, it's designed poorly, to the point where it's already needing add-ons and will probably get an entirely new model by next year. They marketed it very poorly and completely failed to support it software-wise.. It's not a lost cause, but they really need to pull their finger out and really work hard on the thing now.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Nentisys

Dragon Age 2.

Dragon Age: Origins was a fantastic game. There were some good changes in DA2 (talent trees) but so many BAD changes. Fuck streamlining and making shit more accessible.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By ajamafalous

Probably Bastion. Looked really cool, played the demo once it went up on Steam, uninstalled and removed from wishlist. Didn't enjoy the way the character handles at all.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By TheFreeMan

Crysis 2. Was really looking forward to that, despite having not played the original. I didn't like it much at all. the story was dumb, it was poorly paced and the enemy AI was janky. really janky.

there were some bits that were pretty fun though, like that skyscraper/rooftop level and the vehicle section and occasionally the combat made me feel cool.

Swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Swoxx

LA Noire / DA2

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Yo man, screw all the haters saying LA noire!

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By imsh_pl

LA Noire.