What's your favorite microtransaction free, paid mobile game?

Avatar image for changethel1ghts
changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think it's important to support hard working mobile devs that are trying to make and sell quality games. Often great games get lost in the shuffle of knockoff, or even exploitative, mobile games.

I want to learn about some great mobile games/devs we should be supporting!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Monument Valley 1 and 2 are both worth checking out. They're about five bucks each and that's it. I think MV1 has some DLC levels you can buy, but there's no microtransactions. They're gorgeous looking games.

Gazoinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found You Must Build a Boat dangerously addictive, but it is a hell of a game. I also know a lot of people were really into Holedown, but I haven't got around to it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

80 Days is still a favorite. Plague, Inc. was great too.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars KotOR. Mainly because it's one of my favourite games of all time, but also because you get a huge game that works well on mobile for pretty cheap.

I'd go as far as saying the mobile version is the best way to play this game. It's nice being able to whip it out whenever you get 5 minutes and make some progress, then save your game at any point.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ridiculous Fishing

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Florence is the only one I've played, based on Vinny's recommendation. I just feel weird playing games on my phone, I want a bigger screen. I'm the psycho that plays AdVenture Capitalist on PS4.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Second vote for 80 Days. I think the Sorcery games were single payment too and I enjoyed them a lot.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Florence, Monument Valley, 80 days have all been named but I do love them all.

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Solitairica and Meteorfall, both games made Drew’s GOTY list and they’re quite fun. I prefer Solitairica personally.

Radiation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downwell is a great platformer/rogue-lite.

Loading Video...

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By doombot13

I really liked The Room games.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd probably go with Snakebird. I hate it more than I've ever hated a puzzle game. It's my favourite.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Touchgrind Skate 2.
It's literally the only mobile game i've ever played so, makes it kind of easy to pick, but it is good.
Free to play the first level, one payment to unlock everything.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a ton of Threes, but my favorite is probably Tennis in the Face. I mostly play "waiting for the bus" type mobile games; short, pickup and play, stop in the middle style games on my phone.

Ascara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solitarica

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steven Universe Attack the light is really good, it has this Mario and Luigi superstar saga gameplay style that kinda works on a mobile phone.

Game dev story is old but it's still fun and relaxing. I remember Ryan did a review back in 2010.

Hitman Go and Tomb Raider Go are great and challenging puzzle games that do have small microtransactions but not necessarily needed to complete the game.

propablyapun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down it's rollercoaster tycoon classic. It's my favorite game from my childhood and it's an incredible port / remaster. If you liked the first two games twenty years ago, they hold up excellently and work great on mobile.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fear_the_booboo: I played through the free Warrior deck you get in Solitairica and that was enough for me. It's a neat idea but it didn't make me want to go buy and play the other decks. Sometimes it never really felt like much of a puzzle and it really felt like until you got the unlockable cards in a deck that you'd no hope of really winning.