This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bratcher_Lev (390 posts) -

With the veritable landslide of content that comes with E3 coverage every year I was unable to catch several of this year’s videos. I did just read the Community Spotlight and the news that Austin Walker was leaving Giant Bomb East was mentioned there as it was apparently discussed during a video I missed during the week. I am just now finding out; otherwise I would have done this sooner.

With Austin moving onward and upward to helm the VICE videogame arm, there is a noticeable and dare I say glaring gap in the workforce at Giant Bomb East. What is Mr. Walker’s loss I consider my gain. I would like to officially offer to join Giant Bomb East.

My name is Aaron Bratcher. I am 33 years old and I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I have no video game industry work experience nor do I have a degree in anything related, though I do like to make silly videos sometimes. I hope iMovie is sufficient for editing official GBeast content.

While I do not currently live in NYC like the rest of the GBeast staff, I HAVE visited the city. The majority of my time was spent in Chinatown, however. I assume the GBeast office is not located in Chinatown but I do not see this as an issue. I am a flexible employee. If you were to ask me in an interview “What is one of your best qualities of an employee?”, that would be my answer. “Flexibility. I can work outside of Chinatown, though it would be a bit of a stretch.”

When I am not applying for jobs in a forum post I often dabble in graphic design. Did you know that MSPaint is a very versatile photo editing/illustrator program? If you do it well enough you almost can’t tell it was done on MSPaint. You maybe may even think it was done with one of those fancy tablet and stylus things instead of just my mouse.

I understand that under normal circumstances a resume and potentially even an official application is usually on the table for this sort of thing. While it is a fine CBSi product, Giant Bomb is the purveyor of Unprofessional Fridays, and is thus “cool” enough that I believe we can let such niceties slide.

Thank you for your time. I expect to hear soon from Jeff. I suppose Vinny would technically be more appropriate, now that I think about it. I would accept a contact from Matthew Rorie, though, if he were to include a cute puppy picture with his approval.

Aaron Bratcher

#2 Posted by Bratcher_Lev (390 posts) -

Every time. I screw up the forum post title every time.

o.O

#3 Posted by deepcovergecko (261 posts) -
No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by Jace (1154 posts) -

LOL

#5 Posted by TheKramer89 (553 posts) -
No Caption Provided

#6 Posted by Justin258 (15647 posts) -

Eh. I feel like this joke crashed and burned at the title. Nice try, though.

#7 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

Nah, you sound far too overqualified if I'm being honest.

#8 Posted by azrailx (604 posts) -

better luck next time

#9 Posted by poobumbutt (953 posts) -

Gonna be honest, you kind of had me. If not for the MS Paint joke and the "we don't need resumes here, right?" part, I was right there.

Good laughs all around.

#10 Posted by Slag (8157 posts) -

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

#11 Posted by GalacticPunt (1509 posts) -

Can someone cringe to the point of death??? I think I'm in the process of finding that answer.

#12 Posted by FlashFlood_29 (4415 posts) -

OMG yes, thank you for this! I got a good chuckle out of a few of the parts.

#13 Posted by sagesebas (2465 posts) -

Lol

#14 Posted by probablytuna (5008 posts) -

Forget it Vinny, he's in Chinatown

#15 Posted by katpottz (511 posts) -

If this is a joke he's been in it for the long con, his ms paint profile picture has been there since October of last year. If you are not joking Bratcher then I give you my sympathies.

#16 Posted by chaser324 (8650 posts) -

Good luck with your new position at Giant Bomb. I'm sure you'll be getting the call any day now, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Just as a formality though, you may want to submit a resume if/when an avenue is available to do so.