When was the last time you beat a game and started again?

• 129 results
BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ It was probably Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep last year, but that's more of a technicality since you're supposed to play though it multiple times. But OH BOY did I immediately replay KH 1 and 2 a whole lot and loved every second of it.

I don't immediately replay as much as I used to because games take me longer to finish since I work so I tend to play a game for a longer span the first time through. As a kid I'd crush a game in a few days and would still have juice to squeeze.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Zeik

Technically Steins;Gate 0 a few weeks ago, but I don't think that counts, since it's designed to be replayed until you get all the endings.

Legend of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel is the last time I remember wanting to do that, but I stopped myself, because replaying a 50+ hour RPG immediately after finishing never ends well.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well fairly often, because things like Visual Novels often are meant to replayed a bunch.

The last big game I did it with is Dragon's Dogma

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Never. Too many games, not enough time. Fuck, these days, even less time.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through the most recent Ratchet & Clank five times in a row chasing a platinum trophy. By the last run I was able to beat the game in about 90 minutes. Stupid Groovitron.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got round to player dmc: Devil May Cry and christ that game is so good I rolled right back in to the higher difficulties

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The most recent one for me was Oxenfree and with the way that game is written and structured you NEED to play it at least twice to get a real appreciation for it. I honestly wouldn't mind playing through it a couple more times but I think my love of that game may have peaked by the end of that second play through.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 7.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48350594a61
deactivated-5a48350594a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 5, Halo 3 & MGSV,Bloodborne,Dark Souls

CountDeDeDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oxenfree: If you know how the game ends and kind of ending it is, you really want to do it all again and take a different path.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I don't think I've ever done an immediate replay like that, now that I think about it. I may have done that with Jak 2, though. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. I was also close to doing it with Kingdom Hearts 1 but there was a bit of time between playthroughs, I'm pretty sure. There's just so many good games to play.

I was about to do it with Furi but my PSN+ ran out the few days after my first run when I was ready to hop back in.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls III. I was pondering doing the same with Nioh.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I rarely ever do this. But i did restart The Vanishing of Ethan Carter because i saw that i only missed 2 trophies, that i could get quite easily. Went back into the game and got those 2 trophies within 20 minutes. But i always keep the Dark Souls savefiles for when i feel like playing those games again, instead of playing NG+ right after i finished the game.

Edit: Now i think about it, i did restart Dyscourse immediatly since it's a small game and you can skip through the dialog quickly while making different choices to see how it plays out. The game The Novelist was similar, but i don't think i actually completed that 2nd playthrough. I also used The Wolf Among Us as personal testcase for Telltale games and played each episode twice to see how much your choices affect the story. Basically, i tend to only replay games that revolve around making choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mortal Kombat 2

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinobi PS2: I remember wanting to play that again on the unlocked harder difficulty immediately (not because I found it easy, far from it, but the combat was very challenging and fun, very rewarding to master), also if I remember correctly I unlocked Joe Musashi as a playable character...

Also Bullet Witch, I love that game.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@palmlykta said:

Also Bullet Witch, I love that game.

*insert blinky Drew gif*

Do you love it ironically or genuinely? I'm seriously curious about that game. I played a couple hours of it years ago and it's still sitting on my shelf with dozens of other middling games begging to be played. I miss the days of B-tier games, it always felt kind of special to get enjoyment out of a game that reviewed poorly or were criminally overlooked.

I'm trying really hard to think of any game I have replayed, let alone immediately after finished it the first time. The Last of Us, I know I started a hardcore run in that but didn't finish it. Ninja Gaiden Sigma I started again upon finishing but also didn't complete the 2nd run. Hmm... I feel like I've discovered some dark truth about myself.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Batman Arkham City. I was so hyped for that game back when it came out and played the whole thing two consecutive times. As you can surmise by the title I've listed (from 2011) I don't do that much anymore. There's just so much I haven't gotten to that the idea of playing a game more than once in such a short period of time seems like a waste of my time. Now that doesn't mean I won't revisit games after awhile, it just depends on the game. For example, I go back and play through Symphony of the night every year or two.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Transistor, I think.

Played through that game at launch, then beat it again on the spot.

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom (2016). Been too long since I played and enjoyed a first-person shooter campaign like that and I couldn't get enough of it when it launched. Beat it on ultra-violence and started it again on nightmare shortly after.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Dishonored 2, since there was a NG+ mode and a whole different character to play as, but generally I never do this. Quite frankly I hardly ever play any game more than once.

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOOM. Finished the campaign on the "medium" difficulty and jumped straight into Ultra-violence upon completion.

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just recently played Bastion for the fits time. I loved it and played the new game plus mode and am trying to 1000/1000 the game!

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman : Blood Money probably played through it 20 times

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Uncharted 4. I actually had three straight playthroughs of it. It is soooooooo good.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Dragon Age II?

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Souls games and Bethesda RPGs - games where your build and/or story choices make a significant change to the experience. I also really enjoy playing those games - usually listen to Audible or Podcasts during 2nd and 3rd playthroughs.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Wasteland 2, South Park the Stick of Truth

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Either Astro Boy Omega Factor or Dragonball Advanced Adventure. I bought those two games at the same time and played through them as much as I managed. With Dragonball, it was challenging and fun to beat it at its hardest, and it opened up a mode where you could play as any character in the game as long as it had animations for both moving and attacking. With Astro Boy, the replaying is naturally built into the story, but I also had to jump down to easy after getting creamed by the first stage boss on normal. Once I beat it, I went straight back in and finished it on normal.

Edit: Ah, I've done it a bunch with Dragon's Dogma too. After a while you outlevel the content massively, and with the warp points and extra life stones you keep from your last playthrough it's effortless to beat it again.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

To any great extent, Tales of Xillia, probably. Having an alternate main character's viewpoint helped that game's replayability a ton, along with the usual Tales end-game bonuses.

ChosenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ChosenOne

I've done this as recently as this week with Night in the Woods.

Bam_Boozilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Bam_Boozilled

Dark Souls II, I might have beat 12 times by now. I helped a lot of friends through that game via coop. It is still my favorite in the series, mostly due to all those great memories.

I tried to replay DSIII, but never completed a second play through.

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont tend to do it but... The Witcher 3, i just didn't want it to end, after finishing blood and wine i was tempted to do the same but decided that Geralt deserved some nice time off in Corvo Bianco. Before that i think Bastion

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, I wanna say it was Mass Effect 2. I finished it and was bummed because it was so God damn good that I needed more Mass Effect in my life.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I VERY rarely start a game again after finishing. I'd much rather move onto another game that I have waiting. The last time I did it was probably Bastion.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls II is probably the last game I immediately started over of my own accord. I switched from sword and board to magic.

The Division, several times. I completed the story on my main character, and because of the way scaling works I had to start a new one to play co-op with a friend. Once he reached a certain level I switched back to my main and deleted the second. Then another friend wanted to play, so I made a third, and again eventually switched back to my main and deleted the other one.

Jam13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frodobaggins: I'd forgotten about Bastion! Yeah, I played through that one a few days after finishing it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#89  Edited By Bollard

Never.

Jam13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mems1224: I remember getting Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 at the same time. Played DAO first, replayed it immediately and then played ME 2. I would have replayed it too but think was a bit Biowared out by that point!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nioh like a week ago. A long time ago by modern standards.

coreymw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By coreymw

For me it was Bastion. I wanted to hear the music and the narrator again. I thought both were executed perfectly.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Played the first level of Doom again right after the credits rolled, if it wasn't for a copy of Titanfall 2 staring me in the face I would've just gone through it all again.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#94  Edited By monkeyking1969

Until Dawn. The game was that good, that compact, and offered so mild alternative paths that it made replays worthwhile. [If you still have not played it, do so.]

The one before that was Dragons Dogma. The game was that good, and the game was meant to be replayed. In fact, I started a 3rd play through under the Dark Arisen DLC, but I only got 24 hours into that 3rd playthrough.

LegendarySquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most recent one would be Lichtspeer. It's not the longest game, but I hopped into NG+ immediately after finishing the first run. I'm about 2/3 of the way through that, but the increasing difficulty has definitely slowed my progression. NG+ demands your full attention in ways the first play through only needed in the last few levels.

The original Guitar Hero on my friend's PS2 would be another. I don't think I ever beat the expert campaign, but I played easy, medium, and hard back to back.

There's probably others between those two, but my memory is all the way terrible.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cannoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The three recent games I can remember double dipping on are Binary Domain, Fire Emblem Awakening, and The Witcher 3.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age Origins. Played through the whole thing three times in a row with different origins, and then played about the first five-six hours with the other three origin stories. It is absurd how much content Bioware created for that game. Also, I was very poor.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By paulmako

@mindbullet said:

Dishonored 2. After beating it with Emily on low chaos I pretty much immediately started a new game as Corvo and finished with high chaos... I might have then started a no powers run right after that. I kinda like that game.

I am doing the exact same thing. Finished stealthy low chaos with close to no kills as Emily and instantly started again as Corvo. This time I am killing pretty much every enemy I come across. The sword finishing animations are pretty brutal.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls 3. I just had to jump back in for a quick NG+ boss run with my ridiculously overpowered character. The boss fights are so good. No modern franchise does bosses like Dark Souls.