#1 Posted by Meelis (42 posts) -

I just bought a DS because the bus ride to work is boring and was wondering where do other people mainly  play handheld consoles? In your livingroom, in bed, on a bus, sitting in a bathroom?

#2 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -

Honestly I hardly ever play portable games 'on the go' which is why I often complain about long winded RPGs or whatever I would prefer on the PS2. Plenty of PSP games for example, Crisis Core etc I would prefer a straight up PS2 verion instead of the PSP version.

I occasionally take it to uni, but it gets bashed around in my bag and I just dislike doing that, I know it's a portable machine, but it's also an expensive piece of hardware. 

So yeah, as freakish and demented as it sounds, I play my portable systems the same way I play my console games, at home, sat down on my sofa/bed.
#3 Posted by shaun832 (416 posts) -

In my bed. :D

#4 Posted by iam3green (14368 posts) -

when i had a DS i would play it during school. it was really boring in study hall because our classes were like an hour and half long. i would sometimes play it on the school bus when i was in high school. i would also play it on a chair watching tv.  only time i could think of when i played it.

#5 Posted by yakov456 (2021 posts) -

I play my DS in my car during my lunch break, and play my psp at home because there is less glare. It's too hard to see with any sunlight shining.

#6 Posted by CL60 (17117 posts) -

My room

#7 Posted by alan (2 posts) -

During my senior year of high school, I spent a lot of time in some of my more boring/easy classes playing Disgaea on my PSP. That took the edge off how insanely uninteresting the classes were.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
#8 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4314 posts) -

In my room, in the car.

#9 Posted by Fleppie (238 posts) -

In bed and on the train. Or when I leave for a weekend going somewhere. There is always time to play a little DS/PSP. :)

#10 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2879 posts) -

Where ever the hell I find myself at the moment.

#11 Posted by killdave (1079 posts) -

I sometimes play my psp while birthing turtles

Although it would be better used to wipe with

#12 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6872 posts) -

In my hands.

#13 Posted by venom (61 posts) -

On my bed nowadays. I used to play sometimes on the bus on the way to school.

#14 Edited by TobyD81 (1299 posts) -

In my last job I was travelling a lot, so having my DS on the plane was a must. Got a lot of TWEWY knocked out that way.

#15 Edited by Snail (8908 posts) -

Well that's kind of a stupid question isn't it? I play them wherever since they're handheld.

#16 Posted by TheMasterDS (2993 posts) -
Bed.
#17 Posted by Vitefish (473 posts) -

My brother's in college and goes to a lot of baseball games and tournaments. Those things are boring as hell, so I usually take my PSP along to either play Burnout or listen to the Bombcast.

#18 Posted by Grilledcheez (4071 posts) -

In bed if I ever do

#19 Posted by Duke_Lion (260 posts) -

I play my hand held games when I take a shit.

#20 Posted by LiquidPrince (17019 posts) -

Mostly at home oddly enough.

#21 Posted by JJOR64 (19693 posts) -

Mostly at home.  I don't travel as much as I used to.

#22 Posted by Aaron_G (1681 posts) -

In my room or on a long car/plane ride.

#23 Posted by AgentJ (8995 posts) -

Planes and bedroom is all for me. I'm hoping to use mine more on the new mass transit system, but I get distracted by everything outside.

#24 Posted by fugie7 (1138 posts) -

usually i play it when im traveling around the states or when im at school waiting for class to start.

#25 Posted by gin_orphan (42 posts) -

I sometimes wish I had a commute on public transportationjust so that I could get some handheld gaming in. As it stands, my DS is primarily used on Airplanes or when on vacation. It's a shame, really, since so many great games are coming out for it lately.

#26 Posted by oldschool (7641 posts) -

Toilet, bed, but mostly on the couch whilst watching television.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
#27 Posted by ValkyrieGoddess (1928 posts) -

Usually on my bed not to far from the computer. Sometimes when i'm in the car.

#28 Posted by Icemael (6870 posts) -

On the throne, on the bed and on the couch.

#29 Posted by BlameTheGame (76 posts) -

My room, or in the car. Usually in the car.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
"So yeah, as freakish and demented as it sounds, I play my portable systems the same way I play my console games, at home, sat down on my sofa/bed. "
Pretty much this.
#31 Posted by ki11tank (737 posts) -

the last portable game device i had was a gameboy color years ago and i can still remember smashing it up in zelda for ages with that terrible little extended light, almost to the point of where my eyes would get blurry so i had to quit.

but i don't see the point in a handheld now.  with a  ps3, 360, and awesome computer there's no way id use one at home and 90% of the places i go i always drive.