Where is the premium content?

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deepcovergecko

I did not want to be that person but I thought I had missed a lot of content so I checked the premium video page and I saw this:

No Caption Provided

It feels like less than usual to me, very little content this month, has there been a lot of events and nobody in the office or am I crazy? Almost nothing from GB West, did something happen?

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By betaband

E3 planning and prep for the live/video Bombcast perhaps, I don't know.

kilroyandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Premium podcasts, videos, knowing that your helping the site have some autonomy rather than it being sucked into "gameofthronesspot"..... A whole new office in new York.. Need I go on?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

There are at least as many if not more hours of premium content so far this month compared to the same periods in the last three calendar months. It's about average.

How much would you consider enough?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh this ancient, moss covered, petrified chestnut

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're still busy settling into the old office space.

Whats worse is once they finally finish settling into the old office space, they've to start the process all over again with the new office space.

As @mike said though, this month probably has an above average amount of premium content.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@ripelivejam: Well don't worry, next month it'll be time for the "There is too much premium content" thread.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: I've heard this before but I've never seen anyone say that. Are there really people who complain about the site having too much content!?! I mean sometimes I wish they had more specific content (demo derby, encyclopedia bombastica) but I'd never complain about the amount of content....especially if there's more! O.o

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: I just thought only 2 features outside of UPF felt lower than usual from GBWest, hope there is a new Game Tapes soon.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@deepcovergecko: they said on the podcast they're doing a game tapes this week but no idea if it will also go up this week.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By clagnaught

Three videos from the first week of May, three from the second week, and two three from the third week ain't so bad.

Edit: Actually there were three videos last week, not two. VinnyVania isn't listed on that page for some reason.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

E3 is around the corner and that Mario Party Party took over 4 hours and probably almost killed everyone. Not surprising its slightly less, but as it is if the only premium content I got was UFP and some from the East once a week it would be more than worth the money.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are they moving offices again?

Avatar image for gratefuldead207
gratefuldead207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have Friday's to look forward to, they usually always have UPF from GB and GBeast will probably do Vinnyvania. I have been going back and watching some of the older premium videos, I do think that they probably have their hands full with E3 and getting the podcast stream running!

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

With the free content I think GB does enough videos, we get about 10 hours of content a week from them that's enough IMO. Hard to find enough time to watch all their videos + play the games I want. Although I,would like them to be more consistent with their videos, like do the ranking of fighter more than once every 2-3 months.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd prefer quality over quantity, but that's for an entirely different discussion.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I'd prefer quality over quantity, but that's for an entirely different discussion.

Agreed. But I also don't think that's there. Although I've always thought so after Load Our Last Souls ended. That Hitman DLC series is fun though. But that's about it for me.

damonkey64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK why VInnyVania Bloodlines isn't showing up on your screenshot. It just dropped a little while ago.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By deanoxd

Sorry, but five people with a total of two hundred work hours in one week, there is a lack of content on the site. I can understand Brad and Jeff being involved in the higher level work part of cbsi/giantbomb work load that take them away from content production, but man hours to produced content is very low, at least in my opinion. But i come from a career where high level quality and work produced per day/week means everything, for a successful and profitable business.

ChunkyGerbil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there would be enough content if they did *one* more weekly or even bi-weekly scheduled show, but for the moment I understand that E3 coming and all of that.

Art_Vandelay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally can understand that they are busy and I don't mind if uploads are a little slow for a bit if there is a bunch of other stuff to attend to (I want to say that I don't want the duders to be all stressed out, so I'm not complaining). However, I was wondering the same. There was relatively little content the last 4-5 days, compared to the usual overwhelming amount of video gold that comes out almost every day.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Aetos

It's reasonable to assume that there are other things going on behind the scenes that are preventing the guys from being able to put up a lot of content in any given week, not to mention with E3 looming in the distance.

If anyone is interested, Vinny posted on NeoGaf a little over a year ago on what his typical work week is like (note: this was still during the building phase of GBEast). Some interesting stuff in that post that sheds some light on the process. There's always the possibility that they got hit with a lot of corporate bullshit recently.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On that page there's roughly 20 hours of premium content (if rounded up and down) over 16 days. This is discounting all the free content too, how are you sitting there watching 20 hours of premium content + whatever their free stuff is + playing video games + other life commitments to have this be such an issue?

I mean I get it, you're paying for something but you're paying roughly $1 a week for 10 hours of content based on this page. I'm a mega-no lifer and I still don't get around to watching all the premium content.

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deepcovergecko

@baronsamedi said:

On that page there's roughly 20 hours of premium content (if rounded up and down) over 16 days. This is discounting all the free content too, how are you sitting there watching 20 hours of premium content + whatever their free stuff is + playing video games + other life commitments to have this be such an issue?

I mean I get it, you're paying for something but you're paying roughly $1 a week for 10 hours of content based on this page. I'm a mega-no lifer and I still don't get around to watching all the premium content.

I said premium content not all content and I was talking about this month in which content feels thin, GB West especially here. I didn't compare with previous months but to me it looks barren the last few weeks.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deepcovergecko: That's why I segmented my post to refer to both premium and free content separately. That's still 10 hours of premium content per week which is roughly $1.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dollars to hours ratio so doesn't work here, if anywhere. I'm not watching 99% of the premium content, because it is boring and/or bad. That Hitman content is probably the best thing to have hit Giantbomb in quite some time, and even there it is sometimes frustrating to watch how they gloss over tooltips, tutorials and other explanations only to be caught with their pants down later. They should really at least try to keep the unprofessional stuff limited to Fridays. Free Let's Plays on YouTube are often more interesting to watch.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Whether you like what's there or not is irrelevant to the subject of this thread. They can't magically cater to everyone's views on what their content should be.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BradBrains

They have been pretty good the last month so its a bad time to bring it up but with people like drew doing the video editing and most content not requiring much production I do often wonder what a week to week life at GB is. they have 7 editors who work full time and we get something like 2 or 3 45 minute quick looks a week.

Im not saying they do or don't do a lot of work and im happy with the site and the content. But i can understand why someone might think "what are they doing all day?"

unprofessional fridays is so hit and miss and is more often just them playing a multi-player game that I usually don't watch. that show needs a change.

Also I get kinda bummed when GB west gives up on shows so quickly or in a way where they happen so erratically. where is old games show for example?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#31 FinalDasa  Moderator

What, no "they're still settling in" or "they're getting used to the new studio" yet?

I thought I knew you GB community, I thought I knew you...

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What, no "they're still settling in" or "they're getting used to the new studio" yet?

I thought I knew you GB community, I thought I knew you...

"#6 Posted by Jesus_Phish (2609 posts) - 1 day, 5 hours ago

They're still busy settling into the old office space..."

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I continue to wish they did more pre-recorded and play through stuff (Hitman has been great for that!) but otherwise been plenty to watch here. It's cheap, enjoyable content for me.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Whether you like what's there or not is irrelevant to the subject of this thread. They can't magically cater to everyone's views on what their content should be.

I get what you're saying, but I'm saying there is a quality problem on top of the quantity one.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cloudymusic

@bradbrains said:

unprofessional fridays is so hit and miss and is more often just them playing a multi-player game that I usually don't watch. that show needs a change.

Remember back at the beginning of UPF when it used to be almost primarily about games that were at least a few years old, or weird obscure stuff? Look at the lineups for the first couple of months. I miss those days. Lately, it often just feels like a slightly more laid-back series of Quick Looks of recent games, with a handful of other stuff thrown in for flavor. Drew's recent inclusion of Darkest of Days was a nice throwback to the earlier episodes, though.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deanoxd said:

Sorry, but five people with a total of two hundred work hours in one week, there is a lack of content on the site. I can understand Brad and Jeff being involved in the higher level work part of cbsi/giantbomb work load that take them away from content production, but man hours to produced content is very low, at least in my opinion. But i come from a career where high level quality and work produced per day/week means everything, for a successful and profitable business.

Sorry, but maybe don't assume that you know what the day to day work life is for people you've never met?

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Arjailer

I treat my subscription as a "thank you", a "tip jar" as the crew put it. It costs a total of 46p per week (UK) and I'd be happy to pay it whether they produced any premium content or not.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arjailer said:

I treat my subscription as a "thank you", a "tip jar" as the crew put it. It costs a total of 46p per week (UK) and I'd be happy to pay it whether they produced any premium content or not.

Ditto. I extend my subscription at sales too because not only is it a good deal, but I'm more than happy to support them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee9f17c410ec
deactivated-5ee9f17c410ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've all been playing Doom.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, how much free time do you have? I'm still catching up on stuff

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People forget that GB content is not "Lets Play" (for the most part). That means that it requires actually researching and playing a game before actually QLing it. And I imagine a lot of their time is spent playing games they're going to QL. Besides that there's corporate stuff, meetings, etc that is daily life for any office worker. We only see the finished product in the form of videos, not the stuff that came before.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just over here with my non-premium membership just trying to catch up to the free videos I can't find enough time to get through. I've at least worked my way up to the third page of the latest videos.