Where to buy quality spare part for Dualshock 4?

saturn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of picking up the hobby of repairing and modding gamepads, my first project will be to repair a Dualshock 4 controller of mine that has been pretty worn out so it's sort of a risk free starter project, if it's gets 100% restored it's great, if I bust something it's not a big loss.

The question is where can I buy quality components to a decent prize?
Anyone of you who tinkers with this kind of stuff who might have a few tips, I'd be ever so thankful if you'd care to share them with me. =)

Thanks in advance!

//Dan

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I say this never having done it. You cna buy parts on Amazon, and I figure even if you toss out 2/3 of thr reviews you can likely tust 1/3. SO I would see what you need (buttons, sticks, batteries, etc) and look at the reviews on Amazon. (I'll just wanr you to check out reviews because the DS4 has changed since launch there are like four revisions of the PCB, so you have to pick the right one if the PCB needs replacing. )

I would look at the iFixIt site for instructions and pitfalls for DIY repairs as well. That site goes into detail with repairs I woudl never be able to do like replacing an analog stick and soldering on a new one.