Which 2021 games that you personally recommend to buy during Christmas time?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello, gamers in Giant Bomb forums!

We have one more month until Christmas and I would love to see you guys share your ideas on what to buy.

My personal recommendation for each genre and sub-genre are:

• Simcade circuit racing:
    • F1 2021 (If you're waiting for Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot's release in 2022 while you're a fan of Formula 1 then it's up to you to buy it).
  • Open-world driving game:
    • Forza Horizon 5 (If you enjoyed the previous installments of Forza Horizon while you're a fan of Jeremy Clarkson's Top Gear and The Grand Tour TV show then I recommend it).
  • Vehicle mechanic:
    • Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 (If you love cars while you love to learn more about them then download the demo before you buy it).
  • Traditional arcade-style racing game:
    • Hot Wheels Unleashed (If you still love your childhood memories of playing Hot Wheels cars, then you may like this game).
  • Sci-fi first-person shooters:
    • Halo Infinite (Finally this Halo installment that appears to be heavily improved over Halo 5: Guardians).
    • Battlefield 2042 (A good looking Battlefield installment that is set in the future).
  • Puzzle:
    • LEGO Builder's Journey PC and Switch version (If you love puzzle games, LEGO and ray-tracing, this game is definitely for you).
  • Sci-fi side scroller action-adventure shooter:
    • Metroid Dread (If you're a fan of the Metroid series then this game is definitely for you).

P.S If you don't know what you suggest any 2021 games, you can list the ones are released years before that or if you don't agree to any of them with my recommendation on the list, you can just skip them plus I do know everyone has different tastes in terms of genres, sub-genres, theme, setting, and much more.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gtxforza

Unfortunately, the 2021 rally sim game called WRC 10, got a mixed reception on Steam so I cannot seem to recommend this but it's up to you to choose to buy this game for whichever platform.

I used to play WRC 9 on PC, it's was really fun.

Nog64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do you mean buy for someone else as a gift or as a treat for yourself because it's Christmas? For the former I'd probably think Guardians of the Galaxy or Metroid Dread, something that's not going to go on sale most likely, that someone might not have thought to buy, but would be pleasantly surprised. For stuff on sale I'd reckon something like RPGMaker would have its usual massive discounts but there's usually something from years gone buy I haven't checked out yet that I get and then promptly never play. One franchise I'd recommend at Christmas under any circumstances would be the Jackbox Party Pack for anyone who hasn't managed to get it yet since it's a good thing to have since you'll be with your family indoors. Those also tend to go on sale.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gtxforza

@nog64: Yes, I was meaning about buying it as a gift for a friend, relatives or themselves.

Edit: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy and Metroid Dread are both good choices for Space Sci-fi fans to play!

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Just in terms of games that've likely been overlooked by a lot of people who might just not be keyed in to gaming news like GB forum users or see a game released at a budget price and assume something's wrong with them, Kena: Bridge of Spirits and The Forgotten City are pretty tops.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gtxforza

@nodima: Kena: Bridge of Spirits and The Forgotten City are both good choices.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This makes me think, "what games to pick up on discount."

It Takes Two

No More Heroes 3

Mass Effect: Trilogy

Resident Evil: Village

Castlevania Advance Collection

Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@gtxforza said:

Unfortunately, the 2021 rally sim game called WRC 10, got a mixed reception on Steam so I cannot seem to recommend this but it's up to you to choose to buy this game for whichever platform.

I used to play WRC 9 on PC, it's was really fun.

I tried this on a stream, I think it was the ham pendulum UPF? It's pretty rough!

Avatar image for mynameisfatmike
mynameisfatmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Even though it's not all released yet, Prodeus absolutely slaps - if you're into retro-FPS, this is about as good as it gets.

Age of Darkness: Final Stand is also a really good "They Are Billions"-like. Very fun, very addicting

Hitman 3 might be my GOTY, absolutely recommend that

Chivalry 2 is a blast, been having a ton of fun with that

Psychonauts 2 (having not played the original) is top-to-bottom a masterpiece. The only reason I don't say it's my GOTY is because I haven't finished it yet

FIFA 22 (I know, I know) is surprisingly good, and some of the next-gen flourish and subtle gameplay updates makes this one of the better incremental updates we've had in the last several years. I don't ever touch any of the online stuff, but if you're a casual player and a big footy fan, this is a great jumping-on point for people that have fallen off the series in recent years

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gtxforza
styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By styx971

honestly it would be extremely dependant on their tastes but if i were to recomend a person games from this yr that i've also enjoyed if they had similar tastes i would say loop hero , ratchet and clank , lost judgement, and kena . currently those are in my top 5 in that order ( subject to change)