Which 3ds/2ds should I buy?

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

1. I already own an old 3ds xl and want to upgrade to a newer one to use as my main console and figured I should get one before they are to hard to find.

2. I am 31 and as a kid I grew up on Pokemon. In fact Pokemon Red and OG gameboy was the my very first game/system I bought myself. Of course saying that I love the 20th anniversary new 3ds Pokemon system.

2a. I do not like the 3dsXL Pokemon themed systems

2b. However I do like the 2ds xl pokeball system though not as much.

3. I like the bigger screen on the new 3ds xl.

4. I love the colored buttons on the new 3ds.

Please help I am torn!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Ok so as someone who has owned both systems here is my advice. If the screen is a deal breaker for you, get a XL model. If your not all for 3D I wouldn't bother with a 3D model and just got 2DS as they are cheaper.

But if the screen is not a deal breaker, and 3D would be welcomed get the smaller new 3DS. They are harder to find which means more pricey, but you can buy costume plates to switch out and make your 3DS look just about any way you want. And most those theme plates have 3DS actual themes you can buy to match. I have the hanafuda one, and there is a mario hanafuda to match. So if you like something looking a certain way, hey theres that.

Also colored buttons are nice dude but if your not going to enjoy it as much with the smaller screen...don't go with the smaller screen.

So the big thing I'd ask yourself is

Do I need 3D?

and

Do I need a bigger screen?

Once your sure on those finding the one for you shouldn't be too hard.

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By jamin

It's mainly style is screen size. I don't care about 3d. I just which the xl had faceplates.

miceman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

New 3DS/ New 3DS XL

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

If it makes a difference, some games are ONLY available on the "New" models. I knew that there were limits for games like Hyrule Warriors, but apparently a bunch of the Virtual Console games won't work on the "old" 3DS. I found this out when I tried to get Link to the Past on my old 3DS XL, and it looked like all the SNES games on the VC required a "New"

fpshooterful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

3DS is big and overrated. Save money and get 2Ds