Which are you looking forward too most... Xbox 720 or PlayStation 4?

• 118 results
brett990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By brett990

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Doctorchimp

Where's the neither option?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

PS4. I'm interested to see what they do in the next gen.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By evanbower

PS4. For me, Microsoft has kind of squandered all of the momentum they gained at the beginning of the 360's cycle.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McGhee

It always comes down to who has the games I want more. I don't have any kind of ridiculous brand loyalty.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By psylah

Where is the Wuu option (Wii U-2).

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

...we've got next to zero solid information on either, though we can assume Microsoft is going to work in their Kinect shit stuff somehow, so I guess I'm more interested in Sony's new console by default. I like the DualShock better, anyway. It doesn't really matter, though, as I'll be sticking with my PC until some big exclusives come out.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kerned

Sony has been doing a lot of things right lately (like PS+), while Microsoft seems to be trying to drive me away from their platform. Ads all over the dashboard, barely functioning hardware (Kinect, obviously), a Gold account that really doesn't get you much, etc. I'm sure that eventually I will end up buying both systems, but at this point Sony has me more interested.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TruthTellah

That's your first post? A poll on future console preference, mainly just asking if people prefer XBOX or PlayStation?

My choice is Coca-Cola.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Wii U2.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By crusader8463

PC

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Morrow

@McGhee said:

It always comes down to who has the games I want more. I don't have any kind of ridiculous brand loyalty.

This.

I have a rule to have only one console at a time, and 4 years ago I chose the PS3. I've been happy with it so far, although there are some RPGs on the xbox I'm missing out on... and RPG is my fav genre D: So I will choose my next console carefully.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McGhee

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

This.

I have a rule to have only one console at a time, and 4 years ago I chose the PS3. I've been happy with it so far, although there are some RPGs on the xbox I'm missing out on... and RPG is my fav genre D: So I will choose my next console carefully.

I bought a 360 to play Oblivion and much later finally bought a PS3 to play The Last Guardian . . .

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By phantomzxro

I would say PlayStation 4 because Sony had to learn some hard lessens when they got cocky with the ps3 with price and specs and they were not much better than the xbox and coming out later was a big mistake. With that Sony has been trying hard to spin it around which makes it exciting to see Sony step it up for the next console. They have a great chance to make a big splash with PS4 with the pace they are going now. It just up to Sony to not drop the ball when the time comes.

The only thing Xbox720 has going for it, is that its sort of a mystery as to what Microsoft is doing so they have the chance to pull the biggest surprise and turn some heads of non-xbox users and xbox fans who are drifting. That is my hope because they have been pretty quite when it comes to doing fan service to gamers and xbox is moving in the wii direction of trying to be everything to everybody which is working better then say nintendo but still has it bad side-effects of more Ads, limited to no new IPs, progressively worst UI, crappy kinect games etc.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Morrow

@McGhee said:

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

This.

I bought a 360 to play Oblivion and much later finally bought a PS3 to play The Last Guardian . . .

Oh. lol. :D

I bought a PS3 for Oblivion, he. Back then there were complaints about technical issues with the xbox that scared me off.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By deadmanforking

I usually always get all 3 consoles, but the one I get first comes down to the best first party line up. I have been playing my Playstation a lot more than usual, so right now I'm leaning more towards that. But hey! We will all be dead anyways, so who cares!

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Easy 720, got an established achievements and friends list and own alot of Arcade games.. Prefer the 360 exclusives, Gears, Forza, Halo, Fable, Lost Odyssey ,Trails and Splinter Cell. Only PS exclusives I like are the Drake games. Plus I hate the Playstation controller and their online features are lacking.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McGhee

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

This.

I bought a PS3 for Oblivion, he. Back then there were complaints about technical issues with the xbox that scared me off.

Considering that I've now owned 3 Xbox 360s, you made the right choice.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By JoeyRavn

If I had to follow in my previous steps, I'd stay away from everything Sony* and get the new Xbox. I decided to never get a console again, though, so fuck if I care.

*I bought a PSP, though. It's OK.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By kerse
@McGhee

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ajamafalous

I just want them to come out so that PC ports take advantage of more features.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SeanFoster

I like Playstation a lot more these days. I really like the value I get from Playstation Plus. Not a big Halo or Gears of War guy. I like the games that Santa Monica, Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream put out. Plus I have a fairly large Blu-Ray film collection now and don't see the new Microsoft console having a Blu-Ray drive. I loaned my Xbox 360 to a friend and the only thing I miss out on is the occasional XBLA title like Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Morrow

@McGhee said:

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

This.

Considering that I've now owned 3 Xbox 360s, you made the right choice.

Oh man, that sucks... I though it only affected the original xbox and the problems were mostly solved with the 360...

brett990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brett990

@Doctorchimp: I didn't put one because I just wanted to know which people prefered of the two.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JOURN3Y

I chose PC and also Crystal Pepsi

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By emem
 @McGhee said:

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

This.

Oh man, The Last Guardian... *sigh*
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Doctorchimp

@brett990 said:

@Doctorchimp: I didn't put one because I just wanted to know which people prefered of the two.

But there are people who aren't even gonna bother touching them...

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 71Ranchero

How can anyone say either way yet? We dont know anything about either console...

And why did you leave Dreamcast 2 out of this poll?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Doctorchimp

@emem said:

@McGhee said:

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

This.

It's still coming out with Versus XIII

Go SONY!

brett990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By brett990

@Doctorchimp: If you don't care about either one you don't have to vote or you can just comment that you don't care.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Morrow

@Doctorchimp said:

@emem said:

@McGhee said:

@Morrow said:

@McGhee said:

This.

It's still coming out with Versus XIII

Go SONY!

Don't forget the FF14 remake for PS3!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ravenlight

Neither. However, I am looking forward to the PC ports of games from each respective platform. I'm eager to see how devs will work toward the new hardware limits.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By EpicSteve

Neither since we have zero information on both.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Hizang

So the whole thing about PS3 VS 360 early on, was that the PS3 was more capable than the 360. I want to see if the PS4 can do that again, I wonder now, which will be more powerful.

SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SocietySays

Whatever one comes out first. If I buy one at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't we have this thread weekly?

Also pretty sure you need more then just a thread title and a poll, otherwise this is considered forum spam.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Samaritan

I am far more interested in the next Xbox, because I want to see how they position the system. How much of a backseat will games take this time around? What will the interface look like? How will things like achievements carry over, if at all?

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I feel Sony is doing great things with PSN+ giving free games, having more Indie Game freedom, utilizing still "free" online to at least play games. I really think Sony is doing great towards the end.

The 360, I just feel is out to nickle and dime me over and over, so I'm not interested to see how much more they will do that next gen.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kerned

@JOURN3Y said:

… and also Crystal Pepsi

I remember really liking Crystal Pepsi, for the 15 minutes it existed. Of course I was in high school, and had questionable tastes in food and beverages, so that should be taken with a grain of salt.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By yukoasho

@Doctorchimp said:

Where's the neither option?

this.

There has to be some compelling reason for new consoles other than "We want our stupidly expensive PC hardware to be taxed." There has to be a genuine technical leap for another console to mean something. We're getting way too close to the uncanny valley for a bump in texture quality or a few more polygons to matter.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MideonNViscera

X-Box, unless Playstation is better.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#42  Edited By Marino  Staff  Online

The fact that people are still saying "Xbox 720" really irks me.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Clonedzero

720, why? cus i have a shitload of 360 games and the damn thing better be backwards compatible lol

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Azteck

C. I have a good PC already

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Canteu

I'm looking forward to whichever one is better, as I have with every other console generation I've had purchasing power for.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jack268

Playstation 4, but they are both kind of meh to me. The only thing I'd really want one for is if multiplats don't end up on WiiU or if MGS5 is a PS4 exclusive. 

What I'm not looking forward to is finding out how much it's going to cost.

intrepidfoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By intrepidfoxx

1) If Microsoft add any of the "TV" functionality from their Set-top-box technologies that they build for cable type companies. I would be interested in a box that could also record the TV I want to watch without needing to buy a PVR. One box to rule them all.

2) Big screen web-browsing on any of the consoles with a wireless keyboard so that my Mrs can use it too... no phone or controllers here please.

3) Some of the XBOX Live Gold functionality removed from being a paid-for service so that we can use it without feeling like we need to pay for another service.

4) New franchises. Simply something new, like most other people here I'm not too keen on playing the same games over and over.

5) Microsoft own Skype, so please integrate that into XBox Live somehow so that people can contact you while you are doing what you are doing, without needing to pause.

6) We would all love the console to be on one drive and the data on another so that we can change the second Hard Drive or whatever for something faster without it affecting the core console. Probably will never happen though.

7) Control music without needing the TV on.... Smart Glass - thats a good idea to use your phone to play music through the Xbox if its connected to the Stereo.... work on that so that more phones can do that.

Okay, its a list of mostly non-game things.... but lets take games as a given no matter which console they are on!

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#48  Edited By DarthOrange
@McGhee said:

I do have ridiculous brand loyalty so I voted PS4. However, I justify it by saying they have first party studios, Microsoft has 343, that one company that does Forza and the shell of Rare. I am interested to see the controller for the next X-Box though, and to see what subtle changes are made to the dualshock in its 4th forum. 
SlapHappyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By SlapHappyJesus

Personally, the new Xbox.

While I appreciate that the Playstation brand really pushes for first-party exclusives, not many of them actually interested me. On the other hand the xbox, while not many first-party games to speak of, still had more exclusives, either first-party or console exclusive, that actually interested me and were some of my favorites of this generation (Halo, Forza, Alan Wake, Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Divinity 2, etc).

Everything said and done, I stick with the brand that did the most for me, and that would be the xbox. I resent that I have to pay to take advantage of even the simplest of online elements, but I still back the system and feel it's worth what I put into it.

However, I would like to think I will have shifted to pc gaming (again) by the time other two systems start rolling out.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Orbis sounds cooler than Durango.