Which are you looking forward too most... Xbox 720 or PlayStation 4?

• 118 results
beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By beeftothetaco

Neither. Make that a category.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By Sooperspy

PS4. I trust Sony to make better hardware, and the exclusive franchises owned by Sony are much better than Microsoft. And fuck Live Gold. Its bullshit, especially compared to something like Playstation +.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By niamahai

If the next consoles can't even have buttery smooth performance like today's PC, I guess I'm out.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I'll end up buying both. I'm excited to see what both sides do.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By scarace360

I wanna see what the 700 series of nvidea cards can do way more than the new consoles.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By gaminghooligan

@JOURN3Y said:

I chose PC and also Crystal Pepsi

^This

Also (like everyone else) I figure it's whoever has the better exclusives at this point.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By EVO

Playstation first, always.

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By MrWakka

Sega Katana... A man can have his dreams can't he?!

But really it will depend on the launch lineup which I get. Persona 5 could be a big deal, and possibly make me lean towards sony; however, with microsofts track record in getting DLC exclusives, its hard to say.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Lord_Xp

I chose Ps4 because just the longevity of the hardware actually functioning properly. I've only had one ps3 break and it was the original 20 gig one. So obviously 1st gen stuff always breaks when it comes out. But now I haven't had any problems at all with my slim one. Where as all my friends have come to sony side because there xbox broke for the fifth time this year. Since then neither of my friends have had a broken ps3. Also, I've liked Sony's exclusive games like Uncharted and Heavy Rain.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By penguindust

It's all about the games, and provided both consoles are approximately equal in power, Playstation has more exclusives to offer than Xbox. I loved my 360, but I hardly turn it on these days because the only thing it has going for it (for me) is Halo. That isn't enough when compared to PS's library of franchises. Plus, I prefer not paying for online multiplayer. Now, that could all change next generation and either (a) Sony will require a fee to play online or (b) Microsoft will cut that element out of it's Gold membership. That last bit is about as likely as cats on the moon, but I can dream.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GJSmitty

Ouya.

Hahaha I'm just joking. But really, the PS4, because I've owned every Playstation and am interested to see where they go from here.

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By theslothking

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Easy 720, got an established achievements and friends list and own alot of Arcade games.. Prefer the 360 exclusives, Gears, Forza, Halo, Fable, Lost Odyssey ,Trails and Splinter Cell. Only PS exclusives I like are the Drake games. Plus I hate the Playstation controller and their online features are lacking.

Splinter Cell isn't and was never a xbox or xbox 360 exclusive.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Whoever offers the least motion/casual gaming. But seriously, I will probably stick with Sony.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By nightriff

I'm done with Xbox, the direction they are headed is not what I want to see. I will get a Wii U before I get a 720.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I am looking forward to the PS4 most, but I really am excited to see what both companies have planned.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RE_Player1

PS4. Xbox has become a clusterfuck of ads and there hasn't been an exclusive I've been interested in for 3 years. Sony took a beating this gen sales wise compared to the glorious PS2 days but they put out the best games. I think they have something to prove come next-gen and Microsoft will just be overconfident coming from the 360 just like Sony was coming from the PS2.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@TheSlothKing said:

Splinter Cell: Conviction was a 360 exclusive.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RE_Player1

@Rainbowkisses said:

@TheSlothKing said:

Splinter Cell: Conviction was a 360 exclusive.

Conviction came out for PC.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By Hunter5024

I don't see Microsoft releasing a new console that doesn't have Kinnect, and their dashboard has made it clear that they're focus is shifting away from games, and that just makes it hard for me to get excited about the next xbox. The playstation 4 is still a mystery however, and that makes it far more appealing to me.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By haggis

Yeah! Let's start with the fanboy shit before the consoles have even been seen by anyone!

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By glyn

PS Vita 2

glyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By glyn

I look forward to the Steam-Client for PS4 reveal. Where all steam downloads will automatically work for the PS4.

They can be transferred / stored to the PC. With developers allowed to make unlimited game updates whenever they want for free.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By Vinny_Says

@TheSlothKing said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Easy 720, got an established achievements and friends list and own alot of Arcade games.. Prefer the 360 exclusives, Gears, Forza, Halo, Fable, Lost Odyssey ,Trails and Splinter Cell. Only PS exclusives I like are the Drake games. Plus I hate the Playstation controller and their online features are lacking.

Sure, but the xbox/PC versions were always technically superior from Splinter Cell to SC Chaos theory. Also Conviction never came to PS3. All in all, it might as well have been an exclusive.

I'm not into brand loyalty, I'll get whatever console has the games that interest me.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Toxeia

Neither. Both will have serious woes with some sort of colored ring or light that means you have to drop more money on a console after it comes out of warranty. Mean while, every computer I've ever built will still be 100% functional, save an infrequent hard drive failure. I've still got hard drives from the 90's that work fine.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#75  Edited By JasonR86

It's too early to tell. But if Sony keeps making improvements to PSN and PS+ and Microsoft continues to wish that I pay for my online without any value add that I care about then I might have to change my default console from the new Xbox to the PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@McGhee said:

It always comes down to who has the games I want more. I don't have any kind of ridiculous brand loyalty.

Yup, this is the rational answer right here.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By myniceicelife

I'm gonna end up with both anyway, so I guess it's whichever one comes out first.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#78  Edited By tourgen

PS4. I'm very curious with what they do with their hardware and what their online shop looks like next gen, how they handle the transition, and what kind of compatibility, if any, they work into the PS4.

Xbox was my go-to machine this gen but it has steady been crapped up with advertisements, hardware problems, and fewer game titles I care about. PS4 is probably going to be my first and possibly only console next gen.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TruthTellah said:

My choice is Coca-Cola.

:D

@GJSmitty said:

Ouya.

Also a possibility! :P

>_>

<_<

Back on topic... My choice would be obvious: PS4 and Wii U. Cause those are the successors to the two consoles I have. End of story.

I don't have a 360, since its exclusives don't interest me. So I have no reason to be interested in the 720 right now.

So the actual tough question would be which I get first. I'm actually currently leaning towards the Wii U- simply due to the opportunity it'd give me to actually have a reliable way of preserving my virtual console purchases.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Strife777

I'm more of a PlayStation guy so I guess PS4, but really I'm just anxious for both. I just really can't wait until next E3 and see what they thought of next. Console reveals are always exciting. In some way though, Sony took a chance with blu-ray and it turned out good for them (except for the cost at start) so I wonder if they'll try something interesting this time.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By Enigma777

I do not know enough about either to make an informed choice. 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#82  Edited By alistercat

720 is such a stupid name. I despise it even being used as a placeholder. Much prefer Durango.

PatientBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By PatientBeast
@haggis

Yeah! Let's start with the fanboy shit before the consoles have even been seen by anyone!

Seriously guys. The fact that we're still calling these two the Xbox 720 and PS4 just amplifies the uselessness of this thread. Why don't we wait till games and business models are announced before we start casting our loyalties.
Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably end up getting the next Play Station, then complain when a bunch of awesome XBox exclusives come out. That's what I've done for the past generations, ain't gonna stop now.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Marino said:

The fact that people are still saying "Xbox 720" really irks me.

I don't know why, but this always bothered me as well. Maybe it's because of people's unoriginality or something.

And OP I guess I'd say the next Xbox just because I like Forza, Halo, and Gears way more than any of Sony's current franchises.
Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Mcfart

720. Sony can't beat Microsoft. Nor can Nintendo. Once MS fully entered the race (they entered too late with the first Xbox), their victory was assured. Sony will win in Japan, however, since they're a Japanease company so Japan devs will release lots of games on the PS4 that will never see the light of day in the US.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By supermonkey122

PS4, cause I like the PS3 more than 360 this gen.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#88  Edited By BeachThunder

@Doctorchimp said:

Where's the neither option?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither because there's literally zero solid facts out there about them right now.

Having said that, if we can look at the way Microsoft and Sony have been handling their consoles over the past two to three years, and extrapolate that out to next generation, then I imagine I'll be much more excited about Playstation 4. I say that as someone who spent the vast, vast majority of his gaming time on 360 this gen.

BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BillyMethers

If I had to pick one based on how I feel about each company... honestly, PlayStation. Microsoft seems to want to gouge me and get money ou of me at every single turn of their system.

I understand companies have to make money but fuck this nickel and diming shit. I need value for my money and the economy is tough.

I may just stick with my nice PC though cause that's where I'm having the most fun now. I do want a PlayStation 3 for Twisted Metal though cause I love that game growing up.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By laserbolts

I'll be switching to PC for my gaming next gen but I'll most likely end up buying all of the new consoles because I can't help myself.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By AgnosticJesus

It took me several hours to look over the wealth of information released by Sony and Microsoft thus regarding their respective next gen console. I now feel that I am able to make an educated decision and I'm going with the Xbox 720.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#93  Edited By winsord

Right now I'm looking more forward to the next Playstation platform. My 360 has seen an exponential amount more of time this generation than my PS3 as it was the platform I was purchasing multiplatform games on, but I think I might switch depending on how the new consoles shape up. My main issue right now is that I'm paying $60 a year to play online and dealing with one of the worst platform UIs I've ever seen. The Playstation Plus offers of a pool of games to get access to every month is infinitely more enticing than most of my subscription money on 360 going to things like ESPN and Netflix, which I either can't use or have no interest in using. It's totally possible for Microsoft to turn their online service around for the next platform and reel me back in, but right now it's looking pretty dreary. I won't end up getting a new console for probably a year and a half or so at least after they launch though, and I'll probably pick up the other console a couple of years after that. Either that or the PC stays as strong as it is now and that money just goes towards new hardware.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By mrpandaman

@Soapy86: Well all we know is that Sony will not be using the Cell architecture that they used on PS3 which made it harder for developers to develop on. I believe that is the one thing that is as close to fact as possible.

Anyways, with the way Sony has been handling PSN+, I'm looking forward to seeing this service evolve even more on the PS4 or Orbis or whatever they decide to call it.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By captain_clayman

I'm waiting to see if sony can come back and be as awesome as they were back in the PS2 days. I'm also stoked for the 720, but PS4 is like an underdog thing for me.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By PillClinton

Both are really damn interesting, but with Sony being the underdog this gen (despite having stronger exclusives), I'm more intrigued by what they'll do this time around. I'm pretty deep into the PC platform now, though, so I probably won't actually buy either one for quite some time.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Zuldim

I guess PS4, seeing as I have a PS3 and no 360.

I'm not like, completely attached to Sony as a company though. I'll probably only end up with one or the other, but seeing as how we know nothing about either, I can't really say which.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#98  Edited By grilledcheez

The next xbox

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SuperWristBands

Taking exclusive games out of the equation (though unless Microsoft grabs JRPGs like it did at the start of the 360 again, then I know where the games I want are going to be) I'd go with PS4. I've had Microsoft disappoint me enough this generation and the only thing that keeps me using the 360 for multiplatform games (which is most of what I play now a days) are the achievements and controller. I'm prepared to quit achievements cold turkey if the current trends in the PS3 and 360 remain mostly the same moving into the new generation.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#100  Edited By rachelepithet