Which console maker has had the best first party lineup this generation?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Can somebody create a Best Of list for this thread? You know, to help those that don't have experience with first party games?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

i say sony.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By benjaebe

Had to vote Sony. Their first party lineup has just continued to get stronger since the system launched.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

(edited out list of games I had because I thought the OP meant "exclusives" when instead he has "first party") 

As for my opinion? Sony's exclusives are all pretty good. I like my Xbox a whole lot and I like Gears of War and Halo better than any of Sony's exclusives, but after all is said and done those two series eventually do get a bit stale. 

Usually quality wins over quantity, but I'd rather have two bowls of storebrand Raisin Bran than a third of a bowl of namebrand Fruity Pebbles.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

Now when you say console maker...

Are you counting Nintendo's handheld stuff? Because I really love Bowser's Inside Story...

But I mean it's either Nintendo's DS games, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Sony's Uncharted, Gran Turismo, God of War, inFamous, LBP, R&C. Resistance and Killzone never really caught my interest...

Microsoft has Gears, Halo and Forza. I don't really dig Crackdown and didn't like Fable.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikey87144

I think even the most irrational x-bots have to say Sony. This year alone Sony is bringing 5 AAA games to market. As for Nintendo... in fairness they haven't been the biggest producer of games on any of their systems since the SNES but this generation the lack of games was even more apparent because of the crap third parties were putting on it.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Doctorchimp

@believer258: Exclusives aren't the same thing as first party games.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By dazzhardy

Sony, simply for Uncharted. I could argue Uncharted 2 is my favourite game of all time very easily.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SomeJerk

MS dropped the ball severely on first party business and focused on pulling a Nintendo and getting DLC exclusives since they realized the big market in Japan was a battle long lost, Sony blows the pants off them and makes a few Xbots I know despair and surely sometime soon convert, but I definitely feel more for the Wii first party line-up. JRPGs man. Those things have been rare this generation. Anything not a third person or first person game that is also good, has been a rare sight, and the Wii is still where it is.

I still consider Excite Truck, the launch title, a highly playable and entertaining game worth spending time with, just that little thing. So much more fun than the other tight knit racer exclusives on the other machines.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Justin258
@Doctorchimp said:

@believer258: Exclusives aren't the same thing as first party games..

...shit, damned thread had me confused there for a minute. I think the OP might have meant exclusives, but I messed up. 
Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Quacktastic

MY NAME IS BLUE.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

Sony by a mile.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: Eh...is it worth getting into an argument over games being on PC removing their status as exclusives? Probably not.  

Also, Super Mario Galaxy is not shit, it deserves a mention, as does Metroid Prime 3. Other than that, you're right. 
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ProfessorEss

For my personal tastes Microsoft and Sony are pretty neck and neck. 
Sure Microsoft's dropped the ball recently but Sony bumbled the ball pretty seriously for the first few years of the PS3. 

Uncharted is definitely my favourite of the generation, but both Gears and Viva Pinata are close behind.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Doctorchimp

@believer258 said:

@Doctorchimp said:

...shit, damned thread had me confused there for a minute. I think the OP might have meant exclusives, but I messed up.

That being said Sony is still worlds ahead of Microsoft even without Demon's Souls, 3D dot game heroes, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea, Yakuza, or Metal Gear Solid 4.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Justin258
@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:
@believer258: Eh...is it worth getting into an argument over games being on PC removing their status as exclusives? Probably not.   Also, Super Mario Galaxy is not shit, it deserves a mention, as does Metroid Prime 3. Other than that, you're right. 
No, not really. Besides, people almost always mean "console exclusives" when they say that word. 

As for the Wii, I'm sorry to say that neither Mario Galaxy nor Metroid Prime 3 were that great.  

Opinion incoming. Gotta say it. 

Metroid Prime is my second favorite game of all time next to its predecessor, and I was sad to see it spiral downwards when they introduced other characters and had small areas on each planet instead of one big planet to explore. Both of those just killed the game for me, especially the latter. Super Mario Galaxy probably wasn't that bad, but I could never get into it because the whole tiny planets thing made me dizzy and confused. This is the person that beat Marathon Durandal on 360 in two very long sittings - I don't get dizzy or confused by games very often at all.
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By Sooperspy

Sony, by far.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CptBedlam

I own a 360, no PS3 (yet) ... and I think Sony has the best exclusive line-up. MS really pisses me off this generation about how they handle their IPs (most of them dead, everything concentrated on Gears, Halo and Kinect garbage).

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By Icemael

I love Sony Liverpool and their WipEout games, but I really couldn't care less about the rest of Sony's development studios. Fable II is the only first-party Microsoft title I've enjoyed this generation, but as amusing as it was, it's hardly first-rate game. Nintendo have't released that many first-party games that I've liked this generation, but the ones I've enjoyed (like the Super Mario Galaxy games and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption) have been excellent and my vote goes to them.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RobotHamster

Sony hands down.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Hector

I'd say sony!

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By daiphyer
@CptBedlam said:

I own a 360, no PS3 (yet) ... and I think Sony has the best exclusive line-up. MS really pisses me off this generation about how they handle their IPs (most of them dead, everything concentrated on Gears, Halo and Kinect garbage).

QFT. 

"So am I crazy or did I just see a hundred French acrobats prancing around in the arena the other night?"
Mysterion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Mysterion

I hate my wii but nintendo still wins hands down in my opinion.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: That's OK, it's not a bad opinion! I do agree with you, I would have preferred the classic single large planet to explore. However..I still think it's a good enough game in its own right. I don't have a problem with the other characters in Prime 3, I think they're distant enough for me to still get that Metroid feel. Other M however..well, I'd sold my Wii long before it came out, but just seeing the trailers left a seriously bad taste in my mouth.  

On Galaxy..I can't really accept that as a valid criticism, but I get why it'd make you feel that way, shit is in space, yo. 
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By HairyMike87

I would say Nintendo. There games are usually the highest rated. Super Mario Galaxy series in particular.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#28  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

I play my 360 the most but I must say Sony has kicked ass as far as exclusives go!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By awesomeusername

Uncharted, Killlzone and inFAMOUS. That is all.  

Also, since Insomniac isn't first party, does that mean Ratchet and Clank doesn't count?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By awesomeusername
@Video_Game_King: I think people would vote before they see that list so not much point in making one.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TehFlan

Most of what the Wii had was first party. I say Nintendo. Sony is a pretty close second in my mind, though.

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Starfishhunter9
@CptBedlam said:

Yeah you are basically limited to Halo, Gears and Fonza for their exclusives. We need more Mass effect quality exclusives on the 360.
willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By willin

Nintendo still can rock it.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lockwoodx

I went with Nintendo. While uncharted 2 is amazing, it's no super mario galaxy.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RE_Player1

Sony. The main players on 360 are Halo and Gears to me and I'm not too terribly interested in either of them.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Slaker117

Not going to argue that Sony didn't do a good job, or that MS hasn't been slacking, my tastes favor Mircosoft's games. I don't know, I have a PS3 and I want to like it, but nothing on it has managed to capture me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By penguindust

Well, it's hard to weed out the third-party exclusives but my best guess is it comes down to 
PS3 - Uncharted, InFamous, Killzone
360 - Fable, Forza , Halo
Wii - Mario, Metroid, Zelda (and so forth)

I enjoyed the two Uncharted games more than the two Halo games, so I pick Sony but as far as everything else goes, I'd say equal. 

Of course, earlier this year a Microsoft exec said that their first party line up has performed superior to both Sony's and Nintendo's.  LINK

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mordukai
@believer258 said:
@Doctorchimp said:

Maybe you need to start eating quality cereal.
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By Romination

Isn't it always Nintendo? They take the best advantage of their hardware and make some of the most eminently playable games- though they're not as story driven as other games, they're just a joy to play and almost impossible to hate.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Microsoft.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By Chemin

Gears of War is not first party people. Microsoft only have Halo, Fable, Forza, Viva Pinata, Perfect Dark, and a few Kinect titles - namely; Kinect Joyride, Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports. That's pretty much it. Most exclusives are third party.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Clonedzero

i dont think people in this thread know what first party means lol