Which consoles do you currently have hooked up (current + last gen)?

• 94 results
Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which consoles do you currently have hooked up (current + last gen)? (336 votes)

PS3 70%
PS4 61%
X360 42%
XBox One 32%
Wii 18%
Wii U 42%

Inspired by Jeff's musings in the Super Stardust Ultra Quick Look. I wonder if there really are that many duders who've disconnected their PS3's.

• 
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

I wish there was an option for none. I don't own consoles anymore.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

All except Wii, because I don't have one. The rest are in organised bags under my bed. I'm a nerd.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I don't currently own any "current gen" consoles, so PS3 is the only one listed. I also have PS2, N64 and Sega Mega Drive hooked up though.

Wii U is the only console out with a decent enough library to warrant disconnecting anything, especially since it makes the original Wii redundant thanks to the Wii backwards compatibility.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

PS3, PS2 and Wii. If a PS4 showed up right now I would still not unplug and pack away my PS3 because there's too many games I haven't played/finished yet. Going by the poll it looks like Jeff's statement is completely wrong.

Planning on replacing the Wii with a U (not completely though as the Wii has CFW) before the end of the year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 and Wii plugged in and ready to go at a moments notice! Along with all the good old consoles (NES, SNES, Genesis and more) I'm too cautious/cheap to buy a PS4 yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

PS3, 360, Wii U, and Xbox One. Depending on my financial situation, I might get a PS4 sometime this year and if that happens, I can pack away the PS3. My 360 could probably be unhooked too but I have an enormous backlog of shit I've been meaning to get around to some day. (Fucking Xbox Live sales)

Oh, and I don't know if it counts (of course it doesn't) but I have an, erm... Ouya too. It's not always hooked up though, but usually easily accessible.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: my bad. someone should do a mega-poll with all generations (and "none" and "PC" options). But that someone is not me. Actually it seems like the kind of info that would make sense to have in our profiles (instead of just "Alignment").

For me it's PS3 + Wii U; I've been contemplating connecting my Wii to a secondary monitor just so I can have a way to play some Gamecube games (picked up but never played Eternal Darkness and Killer 7, to name a couple that have been on backlog forever). I semi-recently got a full time job and haven't really been playing as much as I I used to / want to. Planning on getting a PS4 before Christmas but I doubt I'll replace the PS3 (huge backlog there for me too).

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

PS4 and Wii U are in the living room. PS3 is in the bedroom for media purposes. I actually don't even have a working DualShock 3 anymore. I just use a PS Move navigation controller. The battery on it lasts long and it is small and does everything I need it to.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

PS4 and PS3. My 360 is in the hands of someone I don't want to talk to. My PS2 is in my bedroom connected to a CRT. My Wii is in a drawer and I just keep forgetting to hook it up.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthorange: You realize you can use a DS4 with the PS3 right? It doesn't work with all games but a good amount and for just navigation and media it works perfectly.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By Justin258

PS3. I only have two HDMI ports and one of those is dedicated to my computer, so my 360 and PS3 have to share the one that's left. I don't play my 360 much anymore so I pretty much just leave the PS3 plugged in, though I should probably find some kind of HDMI expansion and mop up a few games I have left to play on my 360.

I could have my Wii and PS2 plugged up at the moment, I just don't have a place where I'm happy to put them.

In any case, I don't play consoles all that much these days. Almost everything I play is either on a handheld or the PC. The PS3 serves as a DVD/blu-ray player as often as it serves as a gaming console.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I swear there was a thread about four or five months ago with the exact same title.

Anyway, I have my personal computer and my three dimensional screen. So, I guess put me in the 'none' category.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@corevi said:

@darthorange: You realize you can use a DS4 with the PS3 right? It doesn't work with all games but a good amount and for just navigation and media it works perfectly.

I tried it for a while but the battery is total shit.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My computer desk is close enough to the living room that I can play controller games on the TV with a 25 foot HDMI cable and wireless 360 controller, so I don't really have a need for a current gen console. Other than that, there's a PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 connected to a 5 port HDMI auto-switcher and a Gamecube and PS2 connected to a component switcher. They don't get as much use as the PC but they're there if I want to use them.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Just PS3 and PS4. I still have games to finish on PS3, and my PS4 is my main gaming/video machine. Oh, and my PC is hooked to my TV for when I feel like laying back and playing a game from there.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Right now the kids have the PS2 and the Wii in their room, and in the living room there's two PS3s (one with a burnt out BluRay drive but a nice sized hard drive so it's a digital machine, the other one a CECHA1 which covers the PS1/PS2 stuff too) and a PS4.)

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Calmgamer

All except the Wii. Actually gave Wii to nephew...so even that is probably hooked up.

MeesterO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have my PS3 hooked up (for backlog reasons) and my 360 because it's just become the thing I watch streams on while playing XIV now.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PS3/4, X360/One, WiiU. And this doesn't really even count, but I'm also about to pick up a GC, PS2, and OG Xbox (again because I sold them all a while back like an idiot...) because my backlog is stupid -_-

Contusio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have unplugged xb360 because i did not want to pay the yearly subscription. Still have ps3 hooked up along with the ps4. Still not certain I will ever buy a xbone.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

XONE, PS4, and PS3.

I've heard that Quantum Break is probably getting pushed back, really. Sucks. :/

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

I tried it for a while but the battery is total shit.

I thought DS4 had to be plugged in to work on a PS3?

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By discomposure

PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and WiiU (although the WiiU is technically my sisters). I also still have my PS2 hooked up and recently found my old N64 so thats hooked up too at the moment.

I honestly doubt I'm going to unplug my PS3, its home to some of my favourite games ever that will get replayed fairly frequently. Xbox 360 on the other hand will probably get unplugged as soon as I'm finished with the few exclusives I have for it but I imagine it'll get hooked back up every now and then for the occasional replay.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By MEATBALL

I actually have all of the consoles in that poll hooked up, lol. I just got an Xbone in January and with that the TV I use for gaming has an Xbone, PS4, Wii U, 360 and PS3 hooked up. My Wii isn't hooked up to the TV I mainly use for gaming but it's hooked up to another TV in the house.

If a game I have on one of the old consoles come to the new ones though I'm still interested in picking it up on the new ones (if I really like the game, anyway - I'm planning on picking up DmC:DE, for instance). Old PSN games getting PS4 versions with Cross-buy is really awesome. Super Stardust HD isn't really a game I have any desire to own on PS4, though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Up until last night I would have included a PS3 to my answer of PS4 and XBO. I disconnected it last night when I hooked up an Apple TV. I had been using the PS3 for Netflix, Hulu, etc...as well as playing the occasional BD. The PS4 and XBO can handle my Blu-Ray needs and the Apple TV is good for streaming. I can now, with ease, watch the subscription content from GB on my TV.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@quantris said:

@mb: my bad. someone should do a mega-poll with all generations (and "none" and "PC" options). But that someone is not me. Actually it seems like the kind of info that would make sense to have in our profiles (instead of just "Alignment").

For me it's PS3 + Wii U; I've been contemplating connecting my Wii to a secondary monitor just so I can have a way to play some Gamecube games (picked up but never played Eternal Darkness and Killer 7, to name a couple that have been on backlog forever). I semi-recently got a full time job and haven't really been playing as much as I I used to / want to. Planning on getting a PS4 before Christmas but I doubt I'll replace the PS3 (huge backlog there for me too).

It's a thread about consoles so I don't really see how the PC is relevant. Your PC will always be hooked up because you use it to access this very site among doing other PC things. Consoles on the other hand make perfect sense as a lot of us still own them from the previous generation. I have a 360 that I disconnected and put in a shelf the moment I got a PS4. Mostly because I was super anxious to move onto the next thing and because I just don't have that much room to have all this superfluous hardware I won't really use very often sitting around.

At first I was a little surprised that so many people continue to have their PS3's hooked up, but then I realized with PSPlus it makes a lot of sense to double dip on that subscription with both your PS4 and PS3. These last few months I was a lot more interested in playing the "free" PSPlus games offered for the PS3 than the PS4.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm on Wii U but think I'm going PC for my next gaming machine, will be a Steam Box no doubt.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Corevi

@sethphotopoulos: Originally yes but they put out an update a while ago that let you use it wirelessly. You sync it like you would any other bluetooth device.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps4, ps3, 360, but actually since i got the ps4 last September I've barely played on the older consoles, a little bit of Xcom, a little bit of Dishonored, and I've got the free Yakuza 4 sitting there, but I'm like eww to those old-ass graphics.

even my staple walk-around-while-listening-to-music game, Skyrim, has been replaced with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition.

i won't unplug them, I've no need to, I'm sure things will be getting revisited here and there, but right now I'm loving all these HD remasters.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of the above. I have a PC hooked up to the living room TV.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Living room: Ps3 and PS4. Office: Dreamcast and PS2. Xbox, Xbox 360, and Wii are in there as well, but not hooked up as I haven't turned them on in probably over 4 years.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox 360, PS4 and Wii U

unfortunately my PS3 ate it, so I'll have to replace it at some point (still a TON of games I want to play on it)

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3, and the PS2 is still hooked in.

Still buy games for the PS2.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii U and PS3. Got a Wii U on launch day; after a long slump last year I've been picking it up more now since I got a 2TB external drive. Otherwise I use it to watch GB video content on or off the TV. The PS3 is an OG one that I bought from a workmate a while back, mostly to play Red Dead Redemption, also for blu-rays and the Netflix 5.1 audio support. Got no need for any other consoles.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PS3 and PS4, at the moment I'm going through Fallout 3 again on the PS3, next gen games seem a bit too short.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disco'd the PS3 about a month ago. Just the PS4 and WiiU now. 360 was shelved a LOOOOOOONG time ago, and I have no interest in the Xbox One.

Krataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Krataur

360, PS3, and Wii U. And a gaming PC.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

NES, N64, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, and Xbox One.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

PS4 and 360

Only reason the 360 is hooked up is because my PS3 died a few weeks back and we use it for streaming videos off a HDD.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

PC and SNES! get some!

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have my PS3 hooked up but I haven't played it in a bit. I wanna give Yakuza 4 a try though so might boot it up this weekend or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3, PS4, and WiiU. There are still too many PS3 games I want to play to put it away and it's still the thing I use for blu-rays and video streaming.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii, PS3, PS4, SNES

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One. I also got an HDMI switcher so that's why I have them all hooked up.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

All except Wii, because I don't have one. The rest are in organised bags under my bed. I'm a nerd.

Poll says "hooked up," not "own." I doubt they're hooked up in bags under your bed.

@quantris said:

@mb: my bad. someone should do a mega-poll with all generations (and "none" and "PC" options). But that someone is not me.

Literally two months ago. I guess it's excusable because polls were still broken back then, but still.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ben_H

PC, SNES, N64, and Gamecube.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hooked up?

PS3, PS4, Wii U

and on a CRT...

NES, Famicom, Super NES, N64, Gamecube, Panasonic Q, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, NEO GEO, Vectrex

All hooked up and ready to go at my whim.

Yes, I'm a nerd I guess.