Which features you wanted for Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot?

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Hello

The feature I really want the most for Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot is penalty system for single player and multiplayer because to teach players to drive more politely rather than ramming into opponents (No matter an A.I or online player). As I know, in most realistic racing games, a lot of players complains rammers in general.

Cheaters including rammers, wall riders, and track cutters are all selfish.

Other features I want for both:

  • Physics improvement (Make them both feel closer to real-life physics but both may have to remain simcade to make it accessible for everyone).
  • Bring back all original tracks.
  • Non-cinematic pitstops, I'd rather have realistic pitstop animations similar to Assetto Corsa Competizione.
  • Having tons of 90's Japanese road and race cars for nostalgic purposes.
  • Having relaxing menu soundtracks.
  • Having an old menu and race soundtracks for nostalgic purposes.
  • Having racing modification (Converting from a road spec car to circuit spec car).
Avatar image for cikame
cikame

3663

Forum Posts

10

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cikame

For Forza i'd like a brightness setting.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cikame said:

For Forza i'd like a brightness setting.

No Caption Provided

I love this idea!

Avatar image for norm9
norm9

204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

B-Spec and real endurance length races.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@norm9 said:

B-Spec and real endurance length races.

It's always good to have A.I driver to drive player's car for endurance races, e.g if the player feels tired, they can drive in to pitstop to swap driver from player to A.I so they can help them to progress through the race.

Avatar image for seikenfreak
Seikenfreak

1707

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Based on all these racing game question threads, I'm convinced you're doing marketing research or consulting lol But seeing as this genre is my jam.. I'd be happy to provide feedback.

Gran Turismo, I'd obviously like more realistic physics/handling, like the sims on PC, but they're trying to reach a broader audience so /shrug

What they could do is allow for more wheel/tire customization. Let me change the offset + diameter of the wheel and tweak the tire size. Better wheel selection of course. They have a lot of rims, but of course somehow they are always missing some of the most popular/classic wheels. Forza has the same issue.

Both GT and Forza are always missing some of the most obvious/popular cars as well. This is more of an issue in the newer games.

More trim levels for the cars. Yes, kinda like the 20 Skylines everyone loves to whine about. They've already modeled the car, 90% of the work is already done, so it's fine if they spend a little extra time changing lips/spoilers or interior trim materials. Probably equally as easy to change the engine specs. It means, for example rather than just putting the new Mustang GT500 in, put the GT350, GT, and Ecoboost trims in. A VW Golf.. R32, GTI, 2.0T etc. A Skyline GTR, GTS-T. A Camaro Base, SS, 1LE, ZL1 etc. Honda Civic base, Si, Type-R. Ford Focus Base, ST, RS. A Dodge Charger base, R/T, 392 Scat Pack, Hellcat. S2000 AP1, AP2, CR. You get the idea. They are all very different cars. And you cannot underestimate the power of a young, impressionable person being able to get the actual car they own or the car they want in these games. It also presents gameplay options because they have varying prices. (Almost) everyone loves the classic career progression.. that means maybe you can only afford the cheapest model at the start. And I often use video games to mess with certain cars when I'm making real world purchasing decisions. Gran Turismo is a giant, interactive sales brochure. I love it. Speaking of that, since they love to have all these history images, they should have at least one real picture of the car in it's bio.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By GTxForza

@seikenfreak said:

Based on all these racing game question threads, I'm convinced you're doing marketing research or consulting lol But seeing as this genre is my jam.. I'd be happy to provide feedback.

Gran Turismo, I'd obviously like more realistic physics/handling, like the sims on PC, but they're trying to reach a broader audience so /shrug

What they could do is allow for more wheel/tire customization. Let me change the offset + diameter of the wheel and tweak the tire size. Better wheel selection of course. They have a lot of rims, but of course somehow they are always missing some of the most popular/classic wheels. Forza has the same issue.

Both GT and Forza are always missing some of the most obvious/popular cars as well. This is more of an issue in the newer games.

More trim levels for the cars. Yes, kinda like the 20 Skylines everyone loves to whine about. They've already modeled the car, 90% of the work is already done, so it's fine if they spend a little extra time changing lips/spoilers or interior trim materials. Probably equally as easy to change the engine specs. It means, for example rather than just putting the new Mustang GT500 in, put the GT350, GT, and Ecoboost trims in. A VW Golf.. R32, GTI, 2.0T etc. A Skyline GTR, GTS-T. A Camaro Base, SS, 1LE, ZL1 etc. Honda Civic base, Si, Type-R. Ford Focus Base, ST, RS. A Dodge Charger base, R/T, 392 Scat Pack, Hellcat. S2000 AP1, AP2, CR. You get the idea. They are all very different cars. And you cannot underestimate the power of a young, impressionable person being able to get the actual car they own or the car they want in these games. It also presents gameplay options because they have varying prices. (Almost) everyone loves the classic career progression.. that means maybe you can only afford the cheapest model at the start. And I often use video games to mess with certain cars when I'm making real world purchasing decisions. Gran Turismo is a giant, interactive sales brochure. I love it. Speaking of that, since they love to have all these history images, they should have at least one real picture of the car in it's bio.

May be Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot should have an option to have more realistic physics/handling during launch or post-launch because based on the player preferences, similar how DiRT 4 had two different handling models: gamer and simulation respectively.

Avatar image for nickm
NickM

1231

Forum Posts

899

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By NickM

@cikame: I’ve never seen that issue. Have you got HDR?

Avatar image for zoofame
zoofame

800

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Road cars that people could actually purchase as their first car, or hand-me-down family cars that were our first experience driving. There is a lot of nostalgic value in these vs the thousandth Skyline that some brand paid to put in the game with their custom paint/vinyl.

I wonder though, whether this genre has any future. Are kids going to be excited to fart around in a 5,000 lb crossover SUV? Because that's all anyone seems to make anymore.

Avatar image for norm9
norm9

204

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zoofame: That's why the Gran Turismo games were so good when you first start playing; you can only afford cars on your price level so you're driving old Toyota and Honda compacts and other vehicles that you see in the real world on a daily basis.

Even now, in Forza Horizon 3, I rock a Toyota compact to cruise around in versus a super car.

Avatar image for therealturk
TheRealTurk

1016

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I admit, it's been a long, long time since I've been into a racing game, largely because they drifted away so much from what I liked. For me, it all comes down to progression, progression, progression.

Today's racing games either way too simple or just too damn complicated. Racing game progression should be about one thing - the cars. Buying new and better cars or upgrading the ones you have. When buying a new car, you should be able to have a full and varied catalog so you can engage in the nostalgic/aspirational aspect of the experience without those things being locked away behind arbitrary systems. And once you choose to get into upgrading a car, the process should be deep and meaningful so people who want to geek out about that stuff can.

Recent racing games have gotten away from this. The most recent GT dumbed down the upgrading aspect to such a degree they'd have been better off just taking it out entirely. The system should be more complex that just upgrading "weight" and "power." On the other end of the spectrum, the most recent Forza vastly overcomplicated things. Too many items were locked behind meters, which meant that the focus was on filling meters rather than the cars themselves.

The best example of a game that did this right was GT2 (yes, I'm *that* old). You only had two real "progression" systems. Licensing tests, which were essentially tutorials and money, which you got from racing. There was no need to lock things behind meters because you started with so little money the only thing you could buy was some crappy used Pinto or something. But crucially, nothing was locked away from you behind an arbitrary meter system. If you wanted to take that crappy used car and drop a fancy turbo in it, you could. It might be stupid, but you could do it.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@therealturk: I didn't really like the car's horsepower and weight tuning ratio in GT Sport, unlike in previous installments of GT games, features the players can purchase or select parts to install their virtual car.

Avatar image for seikenfreak
Seikenfreak

1707

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Yea, GT Sport was great as a platform for player competition, but because of that you can't easily balance it if people can drive/build whatever they want. Even with the rigid vehicle classification system they use, it still seems nearly impossible to perfectly balance it. And it was only after its launch that they added all the offline races so perhaps they never intended to have that.

They've already shown and said GT7 is going back to the traditional model so we'll see. I hope it's good.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By GTxForza

@seikenfreak said:

Yea, GT Sport was great as a platform for player competition, but because of that you can't easily balance it if people can drive/build whatever they want. Even with the rigid vehicle classification system they use, it still seems nearly impossible to perfectly balance it. And it was only after its launch that they added all the offline races so perhaps they never intended to have that.

They've already shown and said GT7 is going back to the traditional model so we'll see. I hope it's good.

Yeah, GT Sport online is pretty good when it comes to Sport mode, but the open lobby is just as bad as Forza Motorsport's multiplayer mode (Due to lack of penalty system so players went wild and ram into others which is not mature at all).

Unlike in Sport mode, the penalty system is always enabled.

So yeah I hope GT7 will have physics options to suit each players' taste.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zoofame said:

Road cars that people could actually purchase as their first car, or hand-me-down family cars that were our first experience driving. There is a lot of nostalgic value in these vs the thousandth Skyline that some brand paid to put in the game with their custom paint/vinyl.

I wonder though, whether this genre has any future. Are kids going to be excited to fart around in a 5,000 lb crossover SUV? Because that's all anyone seems to make anymore.

Front or rear-wheel-drive lightweight car with 200 hp is a good choice for beginners in racing games in general.

Avatar image for jonniman
jonniman

10

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’d like to see a full dynamic weather system that has an impact on the gameplay in a meaningful way. Realistic puddles etc. May be asking too much of the new hardware though, particularly if it’s pushing out 4K 60 with ray tracing.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jonniman said:

I’d like to see a full dynamic weather system that has an impact on the gameplay in a meaningful way. Realistic puddles etc. May be asking too much of the new hardware though, particularly if it’s pushing out 4K 60 with ray tracing.

That sounds awesome.

Avatar image for cikame
cikame

3663

Forum Posts

10

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nickm: This is on PC, fans speculate that maybe the console version's brightness was tuned for HDR and for whatever reason they just didn't add a brightness option when porting it to PC, maybe the borderless nature of Windows Live games made it difficult i don't know, other tracks are brighter but in areas with harsh lighting like this it dips like crazy.
Hopefully whatever's next is ported properly, PC is lacking in approachable racing sims.

Avatar image for badskut
badskut

8

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm hoping that GT finally adds some form of rewind feature this time around. I refuse to go back to the days when one small mistake just before the finish can ruin an otherwise great run. I don't have time for that kind of stress in my life these days.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By GTxForza

@badskut said:

I'm hoping that GT finally adds some form of rewind feature this time around. I refuse to go back to the days when one small mistake just before the finish can ruin an otherwise great run. I don't have time for that kind of stress in my life these days.

It's a good idea to have a rewind feature in racing games in general because not everyone is good at playing with them.

For myself, in Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, I don't use rewind these days.

Avatar image for byron_orpheus
Byron_Orpheus

59

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly hope Gran Turismo reintroduces the features from 1 and 2, where you would buy a used car and could tune it up gradually - including the extra expensive final stage with all the liveries etc. It was so satisfying to me taking a car from bog standard all the way to race tuned, decked out in all the liveries.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly hope Gran Turismo reintroduces the features from 1 and 2, where you would buy a used car and could tune it up gradually - including the extra expensive final stage with all the liveries etc. It was so satisfying to me taking a car from bog standard all the way to race tuned, decked out in all the liveries.

GT and Forza Motorsport both should have used dealership so players can buy them that they were driven by A.I opponents.

Avatar image for superslidetail
superslidetail

551

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I'll echo the B-spec for endurance races. It was really cool in the earlier GT games, starting an endurance race and then at some point letting the AI driver take over and then re-take control for the last 1/4 or whatever of the race.

Avatar image for gtxforza
GTxForza

208

Forum Posts

121

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll echo the B-spec for endurance races. It was really cool in the earlier GT games, starting an endurance race and then at some point letting the AI driver take over and then re-take control for the last 1/4 or whatever of the race.

I agree with this idea.