Which February 22, 2019 game will not come out on February 22?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Which February 22, 2019 game will not come out on February 22? (271 votes)

They will all come out on Feb 22. 6%
Anthem 46%
Crackdown 3 41%
Days Gone 19%
Metro Exodus 15%
None of them will come out on Feb 22. 10%

You can choose multiple choices.

I don't think Anthem or Metro Exodus will be ready so we'll be left with Crackdown and Days Gone being pooped out.

• 
MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MattGiersoni

I voted for "they will all come out" Maybeee some are going to get pushed but not because they weren't ready but because of the competition. Crackdown was postponed so many times that I believe this is the final date, Anthem was also delayed once or twice before so I don't think they'll do it again.

Days Gone is also not gonna get delayed, Sony usually have had a big first party exclusive in Q1 for the last couple of years and it will also get widely compared to Crackdown as they are both exclusives, both have been shown for years and a lot of people often said they looked unpolishedm and generally exclusives that release close to each other are quite often compared (like Zelda and Horizon, for example). Dunno about Metro, but everything they've shown so far points to it coming out on 22nd.

Personally, I'm probably gonna pick up Days Gone on the 22nd, because I love open world games and I only own a PS4. Maybe Anthem on sale if it's good enough for a solo player.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

The only one I imagine to be pushed out further is Anthem, but watch, it'll be the only one not pushed out because that's how good my guesses are. Ha ha. I don't know. I want to say Metro will be out when they say. I have to say, next year seems to be a good year for games, at least for what I'm looking for in games.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Out of all these games Anthem was the only one that was in a playable state (for the press) so I doubt that will get delayed. Crackdown 3 might not be ready to come out at that time but I think Microsoft will kick it out the door regardless and wash their hands of it. (much like with State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves) Days Gone will probably come out.

I'm not sure about Metro, this seems to be the studios first open worldish game. (not counting Stalker even if some people worked on it) I think it will get delayed but not for that long.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Definitely easy to see Anthem needing more time.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthem is the only one that LOOKS like it could do with more time in my opinion. Plus it really feels like Bioware has to knock this one out of the park...

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By meteora3255

@creepingdeath0: That is what I was thinking. If Anthem gets a ME:A reception it could be the end of BioWare.

Crackdown has been pushed so many times that Microsoft has to know you can't give an exact date and then miss it again.

The other two seem pretty likely to make it, as they were in development for a while before the announcement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Of those I think Metro and Anthem will not hit that date.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

So Anthem looks like potentially the one that would need to most work. We've seen entire playable missions from Days Gone and Metro. 6 months seems like plenty of time to finish those games, barring any unforeseen issues, and assuming most of the missions and open world have been built up to a degree. Crackdown 3 we've seen almost nothing from but at this point I think it will either be released or cancelled. How much money is Microsoft going to dump into this project? Anthem we have seen a large portion of a playable mission but there seemed to be a lot of smoke and mirrors and as good as the game looks visually and as polished as it already seems, this really is a do or die moment for both Bioware and EA so I could see them deciding to delay it and try to get it right.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Days Gone or Metro. Both are small enough that they could get pushed to get out of the way of Anthem but Id be bummed if Metro did. Crackdown has to come out so no way they delay it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I’m not convinced crackdown 3 will ever come out

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Greg

I think Crackdown 3 might get cancelled. Definitely delayed.

Anthem will get delayed.

Days Gone will come out on Feb 22nd, but it won't be very good.

Metro will come out on Feb 22nd.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Anthem will be delayed. Bioware has a history of delaying games, even shortly before release, if they feel its not ready. And after Andromeda, they are not going to risk it.

I believe Days Gone will be delayed, mostly based on the lack of information during E3.

The rest will be out. Some might not be good, but they will be released.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well going by the number of times I’ve had to sit through the same goddamn YouTube ad with the release date slapped on it, Metro Exodus is definitely coming out Feb 22nd.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Anthem, but I think that's more of a question of "should this come out" rather than "will it come out."

I have no doubt that EA being EA, they have probably taken the families of the BioWare folks hostage to make sure that game goes out on schedule, but that E3 demo was rough. It really came across like BioWare isn't even sure what their own game is supposed to actually be. So while I think it will probably come out, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out completely half-baked.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If Crackdown doesn't hit on the 22nd, it will never come out.

I would be very shocked if Anthem hits that date. I'll only be mildly less shocked if it hits that year.