Which game do you enjoy playing with your partner?

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One of the ways partners can enjoy their leisure together is through playing games. What's your favorite?

Avatar image for deactivated-6357e03f55494
deactivated-6357e03f55494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've been playing a lot of rock band 4 lately. Not anything new but it's a quick pick up and play thing and we both like music.

Looking to play through until dawn(I've yet to actually play it).

Not sure what genres you folks gravitate towards but ESO is another one we dabble in, as well as her watching me play through LoU2(she finds it too spoopy haha).

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Single, but I need a girl that's down for... well basically any multiplayer game that I have, preferably on PC.

sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More often than not, my wife would rather watch me play a game than play one herself. A couple hundred hours in college took Spelunky out of my rotation, for example, and I would never have even gotten close to finishing La-Mulana if she wasn't so dead set on seeing things through!

Not that she doesn't play games! Recently we're trudging from town to town in Signs of the Sojourner, chatting people up through cards, and we rediscovered Slay the Spire with the 4th deck added in a few months ago.

quasiconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bot radar is beeping.

DaviKaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lately it's been all pso2 and minecraft, but we play loads of stuff together. Stardew Valley, Children of Morta, Secrets of Grindea, Hyrule Warriors, SNES Final Fantasy's, Romance of the Three Kingdoms (back when those games had hot seat multiplayer), River City Girls, idk I could go on for a bit, but I feel like I'm just making a co-optimus list or something.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gf isn't that much into playing games but she loves watching me play.

We played all Telltale (RIP) games, The Walking dead being her favorite, played Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human.

Her favorite game is Last of US, currently playing Last of Us 2 together and she's enjoying and is stressful every play session we have :)

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reap3r160: Playing with her is a way to keep her happy and less naggy. My partner love PS. She's quite good at it. She feels like a queen when she wins me...haha. Sometimes I let her win.

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nexivselecaf: Oops! Your future girl might be reading this right now. Make sure you take the shot when the time comes...haha

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sakesushi: Haha, she's your motivator. What a team!

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davikaze: Your list seems endless. I love this couple already. Your relationship must be a lot of fun.

"Romance of the Three Kingdoms"- Haven't heard that before. What's that?

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AKTANE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love playing mame either shmups or beat em ups with my partner. we just keep adding credits and either go till we're bored or eventually beat the game, we also do it standing up on a converted arcade 1up machine so like i dunno its fun.

sometimes we add whiskey :)

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myk said:

@ulfhedinn: Does she cheer you on?

Haha yea she does but games we play have some really stressful and beautiful moments and it's nice to share that together.

We cried our eyes out playing The Walking Dead Last Season. Being parents to a little girl and watching Clementine's journey was just something special to experience together.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Me: Not competitive at all. My Partner: Very, very competitive. This makes for some short lived times with games. She gets too good too fast and loses interest in most of what we play together while I am still happily bumbling along learning things. However, Overcooked, Sonic All Star Racing and Mount Your Friends all get repeated couch playing every so often.

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulfhedinn: It must have felt great having her as your cheerlady Haha! I love the vibes in your home. That's the wonder gaming can do

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stantongrouse: Oh c'mon, competitiveness is where the fun lies. Challenge her to beat your ass and see her enjoying the game every step of the way. The joy in her when she will finally beat you will be second to none. She will feel like a superwoman...haha

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By stantongrouse

@myk: I think I may have miscommunicated, she has so much drive she will always beat me eventually, we stop playing generally in competitive games because she doesn't want to play when there's no challenge. Ha ha. She has focus, I flip flop between games too much.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and my partner always play Binding of Isaac together, just taking turns, on Random.

petesix0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My other half has really only had mobile tile games and an occasional check-in on WoW as her videogame history, but taking turns while playing through the Yakuza series has been great. We both think 0 is best so far(The best Majima), but definitely Kiwami 2 over 1. I think if you play them in order of 0, 1-6, then also accept that probably the best games are at either end of that rainbow(Although Kiwami 2 is very good so far, only recently unlocked the Construction Co. part of that game), it's been a worthwhile experience.

The serialized storytelling and chapter breaks mean it's something to dip into after dinner instead of TV or movies, without worrying about about remembering what happened last time you played(Spoilers: Just go with it, there are so many cutscenes where people remind you of their specific motivations that I've never been in the dark for long).

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

my other half reads slow and doesn't like too many menus and still is a bit iffy with sticks ( only been modern gaming for about 3 years) so i kinda hate playing anything with him but when i do its usually a survival game of some fashion , lately preferably minecraft although we were enjoying conan exiles for a while. we've also dabbled with no man's sky ( he likes it) astroneer ( kinda mehh to me) and fallout 76 ( i feel like the npc stuff makes it so i just don't wanna play multiplayer for that) since they're on gamepass but i just can't seem to enjoy that with him. thats also the case for divinity original sin. its a sad barrier but i think all those are also good options to play with someone dispite how much i didn't enjoy it with him particularly. ....monster hunter world is fun also ( he was good with that mostly)

DaviKaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myk: Romance of the Three Kingdoms is Dynasty Warriors except instead of mashing attack buttons and listening to ripping guitar solos you're staring at spreadsheets and trying to decipher questionably translated menus. Well, the old ones are like that; I think the new style is more like an RTS, not sure. I can't explain why I've always loved those old ones though.

I'd like to shout out the Tales of series for having surprisingly fun multiplayer. I was pretty cold on the games when I played them solo, but playing with my wife and/or a friend, cranking up the difficulty a bit so we don't just melt everything, and piecing together ridiculous combos on the fly together is a blast. I wish they'd return to a 2D battle style though; an Arksys style Tales of game is the closest thing I have to a dream game nowadays.

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stantongrouse: Haha, awesome couples! Gaming's doing wonders in families.

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My partner and I have been slowly working through all the Gears and Halo games over the past two years and having a good time. I wish there were more big budget local co-op games these days.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We play Diablo 3 and animal crossing together.

myk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banefirelord: Do you make it competitive? Who normally wins? Does she trash your ass? haha! I can only imagine the joy in her face when she does. Sometimes i let my partner win, she celebrates it as if she has won a world cup....it's really fun to watch her celebrate winning me..haha

TheBadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's not much of a gamer at all, but we do play Diablo III or WoW occasionally. She's curious about Hearthstone as well.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My SO's favorite game was The Last of Us, and she played it at least three times to completion. When we moved in together she insisted that her framed Joel/Ellie print got a prominent spot in our house.

So in the weeks before TLOU:Pt II launch we played through the PS4 remaster with DLC and loved it to bits. And just last week we finished up on Part II. It was an incredible experience and so much fun to play with someone who's really into the story and characters. She loves to play the story and exploration parts (she's a huge hoarder) and she lets me play most of the combat encounters.

I also bought her a yellow Switch lite a few weeks ago and she's 100% hooked on Stardew Valley. Also a lot of fun to just play together on the couch. Her hoarding tendencies drive me up the wall sometimes but her farm is doing great. I bought her the switch with the intention of buying and downloading Animal Crossing but she's so hooked on SV that she'll get to that later.

Next up in terms of big titles we're going to play together is RDR2 and Breath Of The Wild. Will take us a good long time I bet.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

We play lots of games together, starting with WoW and Borderlands back in the days when we first got together.
Recently it's been all Animal Crossing and to my very happy surprise: Divinity Original Sin 2.

Amingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao my ugly ass got no partner

finch8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krulon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wife and I will usually do a few days in Stardew Valley Co-Op on the Switch together before one of us heads to bed.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently it's non-stop Animal Crossing(wife is waaaaay into it, I fell off a bit), Cook Serve Delicious! 3?!, Stardew Valley, and Spiritfarer. Spiritfarer is really fun as a co-op game, I highly suggest it if you have Game Pass.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wife don't to video games. Which is totally fine i don't need her to engage in something she doesn't find interesting.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently it's non-stop Animal Crossing(wife is waaaaay into it, I fell off a bit), Cook Serve Delicious! 3?!, Stardew Valley, and Spiritfarer. Spiritfarer is really fun as a co-op game, I highly suggest it if you have Game Pass.

This is exactly where my GF is at, I think. I should try out Spiritfarer. Do you play it on the Switch? If so how is the performance?

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: Sadly we're doing PC for Spiritfarer, if you have a Steam link you can probably use that with two controllers. It's a game that wouldn't make a difference if you had lag or not.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Anything that involves much finger dexterity is right out the window for my wife. She enjoys co-oping Diablo 3 or Path of Exile. The Picross S games on Switch have multiplayer and those are quite fun. Just solving puzzles together in a non-competetive way. My other partners enjoy some Mario Kart. I don't like the game that much but I like playing with them... Does that make sense? An ex of mine played Monster Hunter World regularly with me and that was some of the most enjoyable gaming I've ever done.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirillorlov: Oh actually I do have a Steam Link stuffed away somewhere unused. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Do you need 2 PCs for that? Guess I can have her use her macbook.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When we are feeling competitive, it's been a lot of Tetris Attack on the Nintendo Snes Online thing. Other than that it's been Spiritfarer nonstop for the last week or so. We had started that game with taking turns passing the controller back and forth for the first two days before we realized Co Op was even a possibility. But the co op is implemented pretty well. It's a little weird that none of the spirits address Daffodil even if she is the one interacting with them. And if both players try and play music in the garden, the game kinda breaks. But it's overall an amazing experience. And I hear switch performance is great but I do have it on PC.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: Nah, basically plug the Steam Link to a TV and make sure it's assigned to your steam account on your PC. The Steam link has 2 USB ports on it for controllers OR if you have a Xbox One or Xbox 360 Wireless adapter you can plug that in, sync the controllers, and you should be all set. Basically you're using the link as a streaming device from your PC to your TV, you'll just need to hide the Steam hub, open the windows Xbox app, and lunch Spiritfarer.

Hopefully that makes some sense, if not I'd suggest just looking online for a video that'll make more sense.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirillorlov: oh okay that makes more sense than what I was thinking. I remember Vinny talking about using it with his family despite the latency and yeah this might end up being a really good way to get me and her to play more games together, especially games like that.

Zuljin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zuljin

Persona 4 & 5 - she likes anime and lived in Japan for 4 years, so they are a big nostalgia hit for her. Fully recommend, great games to play together.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend and I slammed our way through Overcooked Special Edition, getting 3 stars on everything including the DLC, and despite the pain of some levels we had a great time! We also played through Kirby Star Allies and we're now going through Cuphead, but that game stays my favorite co-op experience we've had together.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My wife doesn't play games so we haven't clicked on many despite trying a lot of different options. We did enjoy and finish Streets of Rage 4. She likes to watch Fall Guys and would tune in to most of The Last if Us 2.