Which game have you been most disappointed by this year?

• 96 results
PananaBeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Beast Inside, by far. I keep seeing glowing reviews from this game, which makes me want to give it another try. But after like fifteen minutes (I wanted to quit after five) I stopped. The writing was atrocious. The beginning is soaked in exposition. I really hate when a game force-feeds me like that. It's okay in certain situations, but sounded unnatural. Maybe it was the snarky vibes I was getting from the protagonist. Major turn-off when I don't care about the character.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I resorted to restarting Sekiro and taking the 'other option'. I ended up having a much easier time with how that route wraps up.

Looking back at my reviews this year, I didn't get massively won over by F1 2019 and GRID. The former flubbed the Senna and Prost DLC. They should've celebrated the rivalry with more than a few laps at Suzuka and circuits they never raced at. I want the essence of both drivers in a full-blown historical museum piece.

As for the latter, it just felt slim on content. I feel like ToCA Race Driver 3 is the peak of Codemasters trying the motorsport smorgasbord. This pales in comparison and splits the track and vehicle selection so thin.

Let's throw Generation Zero into the mix as well. A big open-world with very little to do.

Avatar image for numberthirtyone
numberThirtyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any Tetris titles this year?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Pooch516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodstained

I played on XBox One (which got patched after the PC and PS4, apparently) and hit the treasure chest bug that screws you out of advancing forwards.

On its own it was a totally fine Metroidvania, but it wasn't nearly enough to make me want to replay up to where I was. I also thought the items and souls management was clunky and slow as hell.

infinity_thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while not released this year, i only played it for the first time this year and that would be horizon zero dawn. no clue why that game is so hyped. combat sucks, story weak, the premise of robot animals/dinosaurs was overall disappointing (the disappointment when i realized what longnecks were), and the facial stuff was pretty terrible.

i don't play many new new games I feel like anymore but Pokemon Sword and Shield will inevitably take that slot. The dexit controversy among other issues has definitely changed it from an immediate buy to buy later. I'll still play it and enjoy it but I'm normally a Day 1 buyer of Pokemon.

Brakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trials Rising for me. I'm a huge Trials fan, but the progression in this game is just messed up, and I don't think I even bothered to get to the hard tracks. Runners up were Anthem and Ghost Recon Breakpoint for obvious reasons.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By BaneFireLord

Outer Worlds. I’m enjoying it still, but for something sold as a spiritual successor to Fallout New Vegas—my second favorite game of all time—it comes up lacking and the fact that it basically begs me to compare the two at every turn does it no favors. Much of the art direction and environment design feels sterile and surface level like a second-rate theme park and I feel very little in-game motivation to do what I’m being asked to do. “Unfreeze your fellow colonists” is magnitudes less compelling of a catalyst than “yo, this guy shot you in the head.” It’s not uniformly disappointing. The moment-to-moment writing’s largely enjoyable, the characters are great, and the combat is strong by the standards of the genre (though unfortunately lacking in the borderline immersive sim combat options of modern Fallout and Elder Scrolls games). But overall, it’s just not scratching the Fallout itch like I had hoped. That said, I am very interested to see what a next-gen sequel backed by Microsoft money would look like.

EDIT:

@thepanzini said:

<snip>

The only thing TOW does better than Bethesda/Bioware is its less buggy but the games enviorments are shoeboxes with little to no exploration, its easy to polish what you don't have.

After hearing further glowing impressions on the latest Bombcast, I largely agree with this. I feel like I'm going slightly crazy when the GB crew and other sites talk about how impressive it is that OW is so polished. Ignoring that OW has still been mad janky in my experience, when you take away the emergent systems and physics objects and the big sandbox (y'know, all those things that make Bethsoft games Bethsoft games), of course it's gonna be less messy. It's increasingly ridiculous how broken Bethsoft's stuff continues to be and they should at minimum try to get their shit together, but I'll be very disappointed if Starfield and TES VI address that by taking an OW approach and strip out damn near everything that makes Bethsoft games interesting.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The Outer Worlds for me. Not the game's fault, it's a perfectly serviceable budget title, but it was hyped so hard and so universally that I was expecting so much more.

//Note//It probably would have been Anthem if I had any expectations for it in the first place. I did not.

MajorMitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 21

They Are Billions, easily. I had been really looking forward to that for a while, and the survival mode during the early access period sounded great. I held off until the full game came out eager to check out the campaign, but man... that campaign is just bad. It really took the wind out of my sails. The survival mode is still OK, but after 2 runs I didn't have any more interest in running that same loop again. Once you figure it out that's kind of it.

DMC5 and Bloodstained have also been disappointments for me so far, and Outer Worlds and/or Gears 5 may join them once I play more and my thoughts settle on them. I just started both of those.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Astral Chain. Everything that isn't the combat is just so dull and it takes too long to get the tools required to make the combat fun.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MK11. Story wise it felt like they burned everything good they had done in MKX and MK11 just to give them the option of doing yet another MK rehash for the next entry. Call me crazy for being invested in an MK storyline, but it felt like it had potential and now it's just nothing. Gameplay wise, at launch several characters felt so utterly underdeveloped that it felt like they could have come from an entirely different game. Internal balance felt bad, some characters were just poorly designed and didn't have much effort put into them. I fell off and haven't gone back. This isn't so much about tournament viability or anything but more about basic "is this character fun". I like the basic gameplay a lot more than MKX as well, but they just messed up so much stuff around the edges that it was hard to care.

Maybe it's gotten better by now, but I wasn't going to stick with it in the meantime with how slow Netherrealm was moving and how much work needed to be done.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#63  Edited By Bonbonetti

Dirt Rally 2. The actual driving is very good, but the design of the Career mode is bad. WRC 8 has done a much better job with its Career mode.

The worst part though, is that the core game in Dirt Rally 2 feels incomplete despite being full-price. Codemasters' DLC policy for the game is intellectually repulsive to me, it's just 100% greed at play.

For example, the game boasts of being an official representative of FIA World Rallycross, yet the core game does not feature all of the official tracks; you have to buy some of the official tracks as DLC. Imagine buying one of their F1 games and having to buy Monza or any other official track as DLC, that you wouldn't get all of the official tracks in the core game.

Another example is the exclusion of hallmark rally locations in the core game, locations that most rally [game] fans would consider core locations for any genuine rally sim: Sweden, Finland, Monte Carlo, etc. Instead you have to buy these individually as DLC. Most rally [game] fans would consider these locations a necessity, and are thus more or less forced to buy these DLCs in order to, in their mind, get a complete game. Codemasters were fully aware of this when they planned their DLC scheme, it feels exploitative.

I've stopped playing DR2 because of these matters, the Codemasters brand only looks ugly to me at this stage.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Anthem for games released this year. I was looking forward to it because of the aesthetic, the flight, the beautiful looking worlds and the prospect of a Bioware style sci-fi story. Of course a little wary because of what happened with DA: inquisition but after that e3 where everyone came away saying it felt great to fly, I was excited.

But the whole thing was such a desperate mess, a game that put so many obstacles in the way of you having any fun at all. It's like at every turn they thought "what barrier can we place to make this more of a chore?" It really suffered in comparison to The Division 2 which makes things so simple - from co-op to mission switching to loot. Everything The Division 2 did right, Anthem did wrong. It really broke for me when I realised you don't even have to aim at the enemies properly, the auto aim system is so busted you can just have your sights near a target and your hits will register.

For games I played this year but were released earlier, it's AC: Odyssey. It reminded me too much of the bad period of AC, the third Ezio game and then 3. A game completely overwhelmed with systems, this map that was just so vast it actually made me feel like I was never making any progress. It was exhausting just loading it up. Perhaps if you only wanted to play 1 game for a whole year, it would be a good choice. But beyond the offputting design, I found the story to have that same quality as AC3 - a sort of historical slide show where renowned figures and events are just woven in for the sake of it, devoid of any real meaning or purpose. Perhaps I should have just played the historical mode and not tried the main game at all.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Hat in Time. I adore a good 3D platformer. I'd heard about this game for a long time, and it seemed to get glowing reviews. I held out for the Switch version. I only played it for an hour or so before I had to stop. There might be a good game in there, but the framerate was terrible and the animations were very stiff. That said, they did release a patch, so maybe I should give it another shot.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't think this game is horrendously bad, but nonetheless my biggest disappointment is KHIII. Despite myself, I really like 1.5 and 2.5, but 3 is half an entry short of having interesting content. There's only one optional boss; the game is boringly easy even on Proud Mode; there's no arena; the mini-games added really suck, and they're required for better weapon building; the summons are now burdensome and un-fun to use; and the story is whelmingly, suffocatingly tedious.

Also, just throwing this out there, but Outer Worlds is crazy overrated. It's a boringly pleasant game that makes for perfect two monitor gaming.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Control.

Man, I got Alan Wake'd by Remedy again. So much of that game is so neat - the world, the writing, the story bits. But man the combat was just this dreck I had to get past to see the good stuff (third person action/shooters are NOT my jam). I found the map not great, the checkpoint system to be shitty, and I had a few side quests where I'd go to the location only to figure out that I (apparently?) lack some ability or something that I need to finish it. Eventually I realized that I had to talk myself into playing it more, and I quit.

It's a game that would have benefited greatly from some difficulty options: just let me ass my way through the fights so I can enjoy the world dammit.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really been " Disappointed" because nothing i played this year i hyped too much.

i guess games which i had "Less expectations" but ended up being worse than i thought were Death Stranding, Kingdom Hearts 3 and probably Borderlands 3.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the Links Awakening remake. In my mind LA was one of the best Zelda games. It was the 2nd Zelda game I ever played (after Link to the Past) and the first one I ever beat. I had such fond memories of it and it kind of sucked to replay it and realize that it is just not that special at all. Might be my least favourite of the "2d" Zeldas at this point.

Word for word what you said. So disappointing...

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

Rune 2 is another one for me, a game I really wanted to like.

I met the minimum system-requirements by a decent margin, but no matter what setting I used there were highly frequent framerate stutters and other graphical issues. The game only felt 70% playable.

The other big issue was the bad gamepad implementation. At default there was no button for viewing the map or to drop items from your inventory, so if an enemy dropped a better weapon and my inventory was full, I could not pick it up. Movement as a whole felt very blocky, almost like Risen 2 ... and Rune is melee-based action game, so the effect was more serious. These are just some of the issues I had.

I did enjoy the gameplay style, this type of hack-n-slash action, and I thought the concept of the gameworld re-setting, or changing, after a set amount of time, to be very cool and unique. Even though the game focuses on multiplayer, I would have enjoyed playing it in single-player, had the quality been better. That's where my disappointment comes from. The thing is though, I don't consider myself a picky gamer; I enjoyed games and series like Risen, Elex and Technomancer, and many others. Rune 2 though, had too many issues even for me.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Outer Worlds for me after the press coverage of it. It was a solid game but never hits much of a high. I will take the Bethesda bugs if I get something out of it, i.e. the scale of a Bethesda game.

Sekiro was pretty disappointing for me but I think I should have seen it coming. I was thinking it was going to be Nioh like to a degree but it has a very specific feel and focus on parry which I am not a fan of. From is very hit or miss for me.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link's Awakening, only because of the price.

Link's Awakening was fine, but it is old after all and the new one basically has indie game production values. Charging the same $60 as a modern AAA game with voice acting, performance capture, hundreds of thousands of high definition art assets, etc, etc...is a sham.

Getting a AAA game that's not fun is one thing, but at least you generally get the sense that the price is justified by the amount of work put into it - whether it panned out or not. With Link's Awakening I have never so strongly felt a sense of "we're going to ridiculously overcharge for this thing and you're going to pay it because we're Nintendo and this is what we do, screw you".

I guess feeling ripped off may be a different thing than disappointed. But when I was an hour in and said to myself "how was I dumb enough to be a Nintendo boot licker and pay $60 for this" I was pretty dissapointed in myself!

Then I bought Okami (for the 3rd time) at $15 and replayed it (for the 6th time) and realized I should have just done that originally!

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

No Caption Provided

Garth Algar: She makes me feel kind of funny, like when we use to climb the rope in gym class.

No Caption Provided

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Blommer4

Throwing my hat in the KHIII pile. My own fault though, I remember absolutely LOVING KH1 and KH2, even played the 1.5 when it was newly released for the PS3 and loved it.

KHIII was just way too easy, all dialogue felt so freaking stiff and all the weird gasps and other sounds the characters would make just made me laugh as they kept happening all the time. A character would talk, pause for someone to make a surprised sound and then they would carry on talking. It felt extremely unnatural and I also felt all the "friends are my strength" stuff got super tiresome and felt like it belonged in a kids movie (It's a game about movies for children, I don't know what I expected to be honest), but here it lasted for an entire game. I refused to use the rides as they would take too long, be too good and actually take away from one of the things I somewhat enjoyed about the game - the combat.

I will say again though, it's my own fault for expecting more. I remember looking forward to this game since it was announced MANY years ago, and it actually ruined the whole series for me. I am still salty about it, in case that was not obvious... oh well, live and learn. Manage expectations, research more.

Drachmalius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Funny, I've seen a lot of people disappointed by DMC5. I got what I wanted out of it and really enjoyed my time with it, but my expectations were probably a bit lower.

For me the biggest disappointment was Rage 2. I was really high on it at first. The way the game is balanced, the hard mode starts out a lot of fun. You have to think fast, move through areas in a very efficient way. Every combat encounter is engaging and fun. The further you get though, the more rote the combat becomes even on Hard. You become way too OP and the encounters aren't all that different from one another. I got bored after finishing the main story and never went back, which was a huge bummer after I was so in love with the early game.

Brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I tried to play Rage 2 when it came to Xbox One on Game Pass. It crashed like 5 or 6 times for me. Most of the time in it's laggy ass in game menu. Audio would also just randomly drop out and be gone until the game crashed again. Then I tried to reinstall it and the game would crash before I could even get to the title screen, making it literally unplayable. I have never had any experience with the series in the past, but it's pretty disappointing this game is allowed to exist in such a broken state, months after release no less, and presumably received a chunk of cash from Microsoft to be a part of Game Pass.

Avatar image for rauthelegendary
RauTheLegendary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to have low expectations of most things unless I'm pretty much guaranteed to like something, so I'm not all that often disappointed or impressed either way. Outer Worlds fell into the "guaranteed to like" category and I ended up thinking it was straight-up boring. I recently decided to make a top 10 list for the year and I didn't even consider Outer Worlds for it. If you had told me at the start of the year that I would dislike an Obsidian RPG that's being described as "one of those Fallout games without all the jank", I would've called you insane. There's almost nothing that game does well man...

PimpSlappp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PimpSlappp

I hate myself for saying it but untitled goose game

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@bmaxwell: Control Alan Wake’d me too, but in the best way possible.

Alan Wake was one of my favorite games of its generation, and Control is one of my favorites of this generation.

This is my favorite kind of Remedy game.

Avatar image for sloppydetective
SloppyDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Control, but I'm pretty sure it was the only 2019 game I played this year. I don't even hate the game but it was pretty hyped up by some of the staff and people around here. I found the writing to be inconsistent in a lot of ways, wasn't super big on the main character's voice actor, and there are some weird difficulty spikes in the game. But by the end the world design and fun of using the powers just won me over. I ended up platinuming it - it's a pretty easy platinum but still says something that I took the time to get it. I think the most impressive thing in that game is the world design. The art style and the way the environment reacts to your powers is super impressive and gratifying to see.

jimmyoct87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid is my favourite game of all time and Death Stranding....wow, just awful.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Probably The Outer Worlds or Anthem. The Outer Worlds sounded much better on the bombcast than it actually ended up being, and Anthem was...Anthem. DMC5 on the other hand is exactly what a huge fan of the series like me wanted. Streamlined and improved on the already pretty much perfect DMC4 fighting mechanics, modernized the art style, and didn't fill the game with enemies that were not fun to fight. I've beaten that game on DMD multiple times now, definitely top 3 GOTY.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

@bmaxwell: Control Alan Wake’d me too, but in the best way possible.

Alan Wake was one of my favorite games of its generation, and Control is one of my favorites of this generation.

This is my favorite kind of Remedy game.

Control seems to be working for a lot of people. I'm genuinely glad; there is SO much good stuff there. I wish they'd put difficulty options into the game so I can just breeze through the combat and engage with the good stuff.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweetz said:

Then I bought Okami (for the 3rd time) at $15 and replayed it (for the 6th time) and realized I should have just done that originally!

I always say that Okami is the best 3d Zelda ever made.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate myself for saying it but untitled goose game

The game has tons of charm and personality. The goose animates beautifully, and harassing people is real fun. The actual structured part of the game with the objectives I found to be pretty dull.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@bmaxwell: Yeah, it’s weird. I’m not great at games these days. I’m older, slower, and spend more time doing other things.

But Control came pretty damned easy for me. Pierce and Throw were all I needed. I hear A LOT of complaints about difficulty, but I largely just went run and gun. I maybe died 3-5 times aside from bosses, and all of those were due to a lot of shit exploding at once. Bosses...most were one try, a few were more like three tries.

I’ve heard people say once they used Pierce, it got a lot easier. Maybe try that? I wasn’t a huge fan of the shooting, so the gun that required the least shooting was the one I went with.

I’m not the type to use something sniper-y, but the aiming is super forgiving, so lining up a couple of headshots, then using throw while the gun charges made the game a breeze for me.

BMaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter:

I think a lot of it for me was that I didn't find the combat to be enjoyable and I didn't want to put that effort in to make it work. 3rd person action is definitely not a genre I play much at all (esp with shooting) so I'm just not inherently very good at it. Some games I was able to push through on (Outer Worlds for example) but there's just something about the way Remedy does combat that just does not click for me.

But damn that game is cool. Lots of styyyyyyyle.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outer Worlds is a game I was interested in since I heard the first announcement, and I finished it within 4 days or so, and I'm pretty sure I explored every side quest and got my head around everything the game had to offer.

So just the fact that I felt like I'd mastered it so quickly has felt like a bit of a let down. I'd hoped there would have been more to it to keep me interested in it's world.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if half my posts at this site are about Sekiro at this point...

But... Sekiro. Conceptually the game is amazing. Really cool style that played with memory and perception (at least in the lead up). Very fast paced style that combines methodical combat with all the sexy samurai movies ever made. And "souls combat" with a much heavier emphasis on parrying and aggression

Then it launched. I get that not everything needs to be a Souls game and From is welcome to make other genres (although they should really make more Armored Core). But the parrying feels more like timed blocking, boss "health" bars are ridiculously large for the amount of "damage" you do, and the dodge mechanics have the same problems Breath of the Wild did where you are penalized for reacting to an attack and jumping out of the way (or under it) rather than making sure you trigger the right special move.

If it were any other studio than From I would have just said "Whatever, I want the sequel" (see The Surge... and The Surge 2). But these are the folk who "invented" the genre (codified it, really). A lot of these are rookie mistakes that can be tuned by "just" futzing with health bars and damage values.

And I MOSTLY appreciate getting away from From i-frames because those are obscene. But I think Nioh already did a much better job of that. Nioh still has i-frames, but the window is smaller and they are much more centered on the start of the dodge. That way it feels less like you are timing it so you get hit during a dodge and more like a margin of error when you are sidestepping a strike. Which is sort of what Sekiro seemed to be going for except that many enemy attacks track or have weird hitboxes (fuck you Ape).

And what really makes me disappointed is that I think with fairly "simple" tweaks, Sekiro could have been truly amazing. Even just "copying" Nioh's dodge mechanics while keeping everything the same would have gone a long way to improving "build" variety while making things flow better. People who want to dodge can but they need to make sure to punish every single opening. Whereas those who prefer constant timed blocks can stand with a dead stick and wait for the appropriate counter.

Ah well. Here is hoping Sekiro 2 improves and expands. And considering I was somewhat down on Bloodborne (even if I still loved it) for a lot of the same variety and mechanics issues but absolutely loved how those were rolled in to Dark Souls 3, here is hoping Elden Ring or whatever it is called unseats Nioh and Dark 2 as the best Souls game.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as games I’ve actually played I’m going to say Division 2. As a huge Destiny fan, who was burned out, I was so ready to get into another live service loot shooter.

Unfortunately there are way too many matchmaking issues and I fell off the game pretty quick. I could hardly ever get anyone to join missions and even if they did they usually ran off to do something else. It’s a shame because the classes and gunplay are super good, but missions are way too difficult and annoying without human companions.

If I had played Death Stranding I assume that would be my most disappointing. Metal Gear is my absolute favorite series, and I was so excited to see what Kojima would do next. I might play it at some

point, but the whole loop of that game was incredibly disappointing to me.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinity_thor: I felt the same way about Horizon’s gameplay. I was so turned off by the combat in that game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By glots

When I originally looked at this thread, I couldn’t think of an answer, but now that I’m listening to the GOTY podcasts, I was reminded of Youngblood!

I reaaally liked The New Order and while The New Colossus fumbled some with it’s gameplay, it made up for it with the story. Youngblood pretty much left me disappointed on all fronts, even when I was ready for it to be a more of a side-project. Would’ve been much more happier with it being similar to Old Blood.

Oh well, maybe Wolfenstein 3 will save the day.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Rahf  Online

@gundato: not making excuses but it sounds like you didn't discover the guard break and subsequent executions that could be done on all enemies in the game? Boss health bars are large but a guard break and timed execution will still empty their entire pool, for that phase, in one strike. That was the point of the game, and that is also what sets it apart from Souls, as instead of health attrition you could focus entirely on the 'second health bar' that was the opponent's guard.

My impression of Sekiro has been that it doesn't necessarily play like the Souls games, despite the obvious similarities. You have to be on top of the opponent and tactically choose your next strike or attack, as we understand samurai did in feudal Japan.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahf: Isn't that the only way TO kill them?

When I say "health" I mean the combined health and stamina/guard bars. For some of the bosses I liked you can actually get all up in there and deplete their guard bar and beat the shit out of t hem.

But far too many bosses either became a bout of RNG to hope that they did a sequence that left enough openings to guard break them or they outright jump away/have a shit ton of unblockable attacks that meant you needed to deplete their health bar (sometimes almost entirely) to burst enough stamina damage to actually kill them before they dodge away and recover.

I am sure speedrunners (AGDQ is on Sunday!) will have no issues punishing every possible combo and blah blah blah. But for "normal" players too many of the bosses become a slog.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I have two, the first being the Outer Worlds. It’s not bad, but to me it just felt too “sterile”. The environments, characters, and storyline just did not hook me, and it just made me want to play New Vegas.

My second is RE2. Nothing about the game itself, it’s fantastic. It’s just a personal thing. It reminded me a lot of the original RE2, and I guess maybe my tastes have changed, and I just don’t feel like I am into Resident Evil that much anymore. Maybe it’s just the flood of zombie games I have played in between 1998 and 2019 but I just could not find myself to enjoy this game as much as I could have.