Which game would you like to get turned to a movie?

• 68 results
jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jrodrz

Hey guys. 

WU TANG has made us realize how bad and mediocre game-based movies are in general. Do you think it's the game's fault because its content is not suitable for a movie. Or is it really that directors, producers and actors make the movie so ugly that we don't want to even hear about the game anymore?

Anyway, if you could get any game made into a movie, which one would it be?

My personal favorite, The Darkness. I had never imagined how good mobsters-demons combination would be until I played this game.

Cheers

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Animasta

Wii sports

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Dig Dug

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mgs with Hideo directing

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

Killzone or Halo

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Turok, Dragon Age or Mass Effect.

Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Zafmg
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Akeldama

Recently, Sports Champions. 

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gerhabio

I would love to see a Shadow of the Colossus movie but ONLY AND ONLY IF the make it a semi-silent film. The main character must talk for no longer than 3 minutes total in the whole thing. I want awesome music and confrontation after confrontation with giant colossi. Other characters like the disembodied voice may talk more but not much. I want pure action, an epic musical score, crazy good visuals and a good conveying of the moral dilemma of murdering creatures to save a loved one.  I don't want Hollywood, I want something different.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT
@jrodrz said:
" Hey guys.   WU TANG has made us realize how bad and mediocre game-based movies are in general. Do you think it's the game's fault because its content is not suitable for a movie. Or is it really that directors, producers and actors make the movie so ugly that we don't want to even hear about the game anymore?  Anyway, if you could get any game made into a movie, which one would it be?   My personal favorite, The Darkness. I had never imagined how good mobsters-demons combination would be until I played this game.  Cheers "
Did you know The Darkness was a comic book first?

I think a Fallout movie could be pretty good.
jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jrodrz
@TheHT:  Yeah of course I knew it. It's just that the game portraits the characters an the story in a more realistic game (sort of speaking) than the comic book. That's why I take the game as a reference
Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Kbm600

Bioshock. It needs to be made already.

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By vendetta

Judging by how well-produced the Halo commercials are, my answer is a Halo film.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

Fucking naysayers, let's make a movie about them. Or Mass Effect, that would be cool. Red Dead Redemption directed by Clint Eastwood would be the sweep.

Lordborg909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lordborg909

Starcraft :)

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SeriouslyNow
Wizball : As a Disney Summer Action movie.  It has Wizards, a Cat called Nifta, crazy action sequences and a storyline about restoring colour to a black and white world under an evil spell.  Box Office ++
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Brians
@Kbm600 said:
" Bioshock. It needs to be made already. "
Nope....
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FacelessVixen

I think that Devil May Cry 3 would make for an okay movie in the right hands.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thehexeditor

I WANT TO BE THE GUY: The Movie

edit: I Want to Be the Movie

Prolix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Prolix

IMO, games don't make good movies because the directors and writers miss the core of what would make a game adapt into a movie.  It goes beyond story and setting.  Its more in-line with personal connection to that world and how we feel while exploring it.  They aren't gamers, so its lost to them.   Just like most comic movies. 

If they were to do it right, I would want to see Bioshock.  But that wont happen.  The movie will be generic green scene crap.  Because they will rely too heavily on the wrong visuals, to appeal to a certain crowd.  The game has those visuals.  But its how we interact with them that makes us play.  They have to convey that feeling in a manner we know how to absorb.  That works with how we have absorbed it in the past.  Not copy what they think that is and tell us how to feel.  While trying to conjure up memories of 300 and Watchmen. 

No easy feet, but just my opinion on the matter.  Instead of racing through a seemly awesome environment, as a sort of badass.  They should  dwell in it and give us an anti-hero.  Someone to get beat up by the world, not over run it with wrath.  

Thats what we get in games, we get pushed around and dominated.  Until we rise up and conquer.  It's to early in the evolution to give us what we think we want.  We don't what we want.  You have to build up to it.  Just like in actual games.  We see it everyday, games becoming more like film.  That wasn't done over night. 

Game movies need to be less about adapting and more about the experience of playing that story.  Because even the average FPS nutwit may not know it, but they will still feel it when they enter the theater.   And until the stop trying to make game movies, they wont be worth shit.  

Maybe its a beginning, to making great movies?  Game cut-scenes have certainly evolved into something far greater then their beginnings.  

Do you think Hollywood will get it right this time or eventually?  Have the right people really been trying all that hard?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MikkaQ
@Claude said:
" Fucking naysayers, let's make a movie about them. Or Mass Effect, that would be cool. Red Dead Redemption directed by Clint Eastwood would be the sweep. "
Or one could watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the millionth time. 

But a ME movie would be pretty awesome, though I fear as a movie people would call it a Star Trek derivative. It's pretty similar in style. A super duper space captain explores the galaxy leading a diverse cast of humanoid aliens and humans. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude
@XII_Sniper said:
" @Claude said:
" Fucking naysayers, let's make a movie about them. Or Mass Effect, that would be cool. Red Dead Redemption directed by Clint Eastwood would be the sweep. "
Or one could watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the millionth time.  But a ME movie would be pretty awesome, though I fear as a movie people would call it a Star Trek derivative. It's pretty similar in style. A super duper space captain explores the galaxy leading a diverse cast of humanoid aliens and humans.  "
ME is much deeper than that. The galaxy they have created in Mass Effect is of great effect and emotion. I like the pseudo science they throw down my throat. The characters and races seem real. The gameplay still needs to grow, but as a story, good stuff.

Now, as for Red Dead... It must be more original than what was given in-game. But I'm always a sucker for a good western.
Avatar image for zachtothefuture
zachtothefuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zachtothefuture

kingdom hearts i would watch even if it was terrible.  

marvel vs capcom. i would love to see them try to make a coherent plot over that 

castlevania. weather they take it seriously or campy, i could go for some vamp slaying

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Batman, Batman, Batman: The Movie

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EDF 2017: The Movie 

or Crackdown: The Movie

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By matt
tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tophar01
I was gonna say Infamous, but I don't really see what could be done with that cept mess it up sooooo 

Starfox?
tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tophar01
@TaliciaDragonsong:  Mass Effect would be neat but I can't have any other Shepard other than mine, no matter how weird he looks.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

But I think I would rather have it based more around the book/tale. (The Outsider).

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By LackingSaint

If the game is story focused and/or has a good story, they should not make a movie, because that's what movies are good at, and if the game already did it well there's no point. Mass Effect would be a bad movie. Bioshock would be a bad movie. Half-Life would be a bad movie.

I am fully in support of a Pac Man or Tetris movie.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mrskidders

No game at all.  They always turn out shit, regardless of the source material.  I like my games gamey and my movies movey.

Heisner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Heisner

Well Mass Effect is being turned in to a movie (or so i heard, can not confirm if it's true or not).
But i would love to see a movie made out of games like Gears of war or Halo.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By MysteriousBob

Pac Man.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By fjordson

Halo or BioShock. Please, please, please.

I don't even know if they would be good, but it'd be awesome to see them on the big screen.

overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By overbyte
@Heisner: Yes it's true. It's under Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros as of the moment and Avi Arad has the rights to it. I believe he's the executive producer of Marvel Studios so it should be on par or better with the Marvel movies we got these few years back.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37  Edited By natetodamax

Red Dead Redemption fo' sho'

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By kalmis
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None, they're games goddamnit! Not movies.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TotalEklypse
@hedfone said:
" mgs with Hideo directing "
this 

@Lordborg909 said:
" Starcraft :) "
and this
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Toxin066
Chex Quest. There simply aren't enough adventurous films about cereal.
Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#42  Edited By Grumbel
The Longest Journey could make an interesting movie or even movie trilogy, lots and lots of great ideas and story telling in that one and it would be sweet to see the simple backgrounds expanded into proper movie sets
The Dig could also make a nice sci-fi movie and was originally even planet to be one.  
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis would have certainly made a much better movie then the Indy4 we got.

But in general games should really stay games. Especially today, games are basically by default already all cinematic anyway, so that converting them into a movie wouldn't really add all that much and it is to easy to lose stuff in the translation.
Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Raymayne

Halo

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MikkaQ
@Claude said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" @Claude said:
Or one could watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the millionth time.  But a ME movie would be pretty awesome, though I fear as a movie people would call it a Star Trek derivative. It's pretty similar in style. A super duper space captain explores the galaxy leading a diverse cast of humanoid aliens and humans.  "
ME is much deeper than that. The galaxy they have created in Mass Effect is of great effect and emotion. I like the pseudo science they throw down my throat. The characters and races seem real. The gameplay still needs to grow, but as a story, good stuff. Now, as for Red Dead... It must be more original than what was given in-game. But I'm always a sucker for a good western. "
Not gonna argue that ME has a better story and universe, but people cherish their dang Star Trek too much.  
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By penguindust
@jrodrz:   While it's not exactly Demons and Mobsters, but there was a Vampire and Mobsters movie made back in the early 90's called Innocent Blood.  It starred Robert Loggia, Anthony LaPaglia, and French actress Anne Parillaud.  There was a good amount of nudity and bloody gore in the film, too. Not a great movie, but not a bad one either.  

My choice would be Red Ninja: End of Honor.  Not a particularly good game with a completely forgettable plot, but that means the producers could then do whatever they want with the property and not be restricted by the idea that they are snubbing the source material.   Plus, then we get to see the sexy red ninja costume.
No Caption Provided
LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By LackingSaint

Why are people saying Red Dead Redemption? It's basically just The Good The Bad and The Ugly: The Game. Making a movie would make it The Good The Bad and The Ugly: The Movie.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Deathrow for the Original XBOX. Need a (hopefully) good future violent sport flick. GO CONVICTS! 

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By irishjohn

Well, Avatar was essentially a mix between Halo and Starcraft with some racism/environmentalism/white guilt thrown in. Take all that crap out and add either Spartans or Zerg/Protoss, and you've got a movie.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pop

Prince of Persia oh wait... 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided