Which games make your palms a sweaty mess?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1 liquiddragon  Online

This doesn't happen with most games but seems like for me, certain games or certain types of games make my palms and consequently, my controllers a watery mess.

Just recently, I started playing Thumper and Christ man, it's bad, it's really bad. I don't mean the game, the game is awesome, I mean my hands are squirting water all over the place!

For me usually, fighting games are almost guaranteed to give me nasty-ass sweaty-ass palms and I think that's because I'm not a competitive guy and fighting games automatically put me in a situation I'm not comfortable in.

Are there games that seem to especially give you sweaty palms? Or maybe you don't know what the hell I'm talking about 'cause you're a cold-blooded video game assassin?

Brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All of them. My hands are always gross and sweaty and my controllers are disgusting because of it. Probably doesn't help that I have a white PS4 controller. I've been thinking about wearing gloves or something. It's especially bad if I'm playing Overwatch. I keep antibacterial wipes around for when the controllers get real bad.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kerbal Space Program. No game has given me the tense sweats like that game does. I have such a love/hate relationship with how anxious that game makes me feel.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Hawk. Specifically THPS2 on PS1. That game made me sweat like crazy and gave me blisters.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It's basically when I have to concentrate to an extreme level, especially in a competitive game. I can play fighting games and hardcore action games without sweating most of the time. But it's those rare particular instances of just INTENSE moments where the palms start slipping. It's more common when I'm first learning how to play a particular game or genre.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Casepb  Online

Very few games do that to me. I think it's because I barely sweat though. At most I will get some serious anxiety. Games like Dark Souls do it real good to me. I'm usually fine with games that require fast reflexes. Anything that puts you in a situation where you can die easily and you will lose something valuable will do it though. I find I get more frustrated and angry easier with games like that.

Oh just thought of a great example, DK Tropical Freeze boss fights when you know your at the very end and you die. Thankfully I can calm down fast enough before I throw a controller.

Now I'm thinking about how weird it is that when you get mad we have the urge to throw things...

Nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Endless Setlist from Rock Band 2 for me. 84 songs on expert drums made me sweat all over. During one of the last few songs I know a drum stick flew out of my hand from sweaty palms.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3D platformers including games like Tony Hawk. The anxiety that comes with great heights is what does it for me.

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much any extended, multi-stage boss/end fight. If it takes more than a few minutes, my anxiety/dread of failing and having to repeat is sure to kick in. For example I am currently in the middle of Horizon Zero Dawn's end game sequence and my palms were more than a bit moist by the end of my last session.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beat 'em ups, if I think about it.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

None.

I’m not against working and sweating, but sweaty palms sound...they sound like no fun.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Yakuza games where characters go shirtless. Sometimes.... It's too much to handle.

Aviont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lately, since I just started when they went kind of free to play, is Destiny 2 in PvP, either Crucible ot Gambit. I generally do ok, go positive like 99% of the time, but every time I see a player to shoot my hands gush.

Brittinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't get sweaty hands but I do unconsciously tense up and bite my lips when I play competitive games such as fighting games and FPS's. Less so with racing games. I never realize it in the moment but I can physically feel the tension leave my body when a game ends. I actually hate it lol

Brakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Trials games makes me sweat like hell, especially on the harder levels or when you want to 0 fault an easier level fast. Also, being in the endgame in any battle royale game is sweat inducing, especially if playing solo. Basically, any game that's intense will make my palms sweat.