• 93 results
Avatar image for christopherson329
christopherson329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Poll Which GB podcast do you listen to? (863 votes)

Bombcast 10%
Beastcast 6%
Both 85%
 • 
Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Blackout62

Beastcast. In retrospect I want to preserve and bottle up Austin Walker so he can be preserved indefinitely and let out whenever there's stuff in games that needs to be engaged with a thoughtful educated mind. I'm sure he'd volunteer to be the first to get his consciousness scanned to a computer.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Brad should move back home and start a Giant Bouthcast. I'd listen to that too.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Both. Friday mornings while I'm having breakfast and hanging out and Tuesday nights when I'm blowing off some steam playing games.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Beastcast only - but I haven't listened to it for 4 weeks. Just haven't gotten around to it :|

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast. Nothing against Beast (home team, after all), I'm just full-up on podcasts at the moment and had to drop it. I blame the McElroys and their ever-expanding audio empire.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I listen to almost all of the podcasts (except the Power Bombcast and Gaming Minute). If I have new ones of all of them to listen to, this is the order I listen to them:

1. Alt+F1
  2. Giant Beastcast
  3. Team GFB*
  4. Danswers
  5. Giant Bombcast
  6. 8-4 Play
  7. Giant Bomb Presents

*I don't care if it isn't officially a GB podcast - it counts to me.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those two and also Alt+F1. Nyom.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigsocrates

I am kind of shocked at the Beastcast only listeners. I mean I like the Beastcast, it's great, better than the Bombcast some weeks, but I've been listening to the Bombcast since 2008* and I can't imagine being into what the Beastcast does but NOT the Bombcast. This is like when main Law and Order was canceled buy SVU lived on.

Y'ALL A BUNCH OF ICE-T LOVING MOTHERFLUFFERS!

*HOW COME THERE IS NO "ARROW POINTING DOWN" OPTION FOR HIPSTER LISTENERS WHO THINK THEY SOLD OUT WHEN THEY CHANGED THE NAME?

ehAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both of those, podquisition, cane and rinse, retronauts, U.S. Gamer, and giant bomb presents. I'm pretty well caught up on everything but giant bomb presents.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I listen to all of them except the current season of Alt+F1. I've kinda fallen off with F1 cause the same two guys on the same team keep winning and that's gotten boring for me (also bummed Pastor is gone!).

Beastcast is definitely the highlight of my Fridays. I'm finding myself enjoying it more lately than the Bombcast. Both are still my top 2 gaming podcasts to listen to.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I listen to both Bombcast and Beastcast, in addition to some of their other "off-brand" podcasts like Danswers and Power Bombcast and basically all the podcasts under the Giant Bomb Premium umbrella, including all the stuff Dan puts up that involves his dad/family. I listen to some of the GB Presents podcasts and also 8-4 Play which isn't really a GB podcast, just hosted on GB's site.

I devour way too much GB content on a weekly basis, as I basically watch all the QLs and premium videos they put up too. I've built up a bit of a backlog with the podcasts though, generally around 2 episodes of each Bombcast and Beastcast, as I only really have time to listen to them when I go out or work out and I've been too busy to do much of either lately.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, while playing trackmania.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both. I sometimes don't listen to the beastcast more though. Not because of Vinny and Alex, they keep me coming back [they are the best], but Austin often makes me want to skip them [along with some quick looks]. Nothing personal just often find him annoying to listen to. Sometimes he is pretty good though.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Regularly listen to both, and when they happen, to Danswers, and the Power Bombcast. Love Drew and Danny, but have zero interest in racing, so haven't delved into it. No interest in any of the other podcasts, to be honest, but the Bombcast and Beastcast are a constant for me, at the least.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Beastcast, Bombcast when I'm walking around at post during work. The two are really their own beasts. Beastcast feels like the Wild West of conversations so it's not only great to get both crews' inputs on the news, but also because they feel like completely different styles.

Alt+F1 during commutes

Danswers and Introducing... during hikes.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I listen to all of them of course. They should put the entire archive of alternative podcasts like Danswers and alt f1 and such on Giant Bomb Presents channel to access easily.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, of course. Trying to listen to 'em in chunks, so that they last me throughout the week. I'd like to listen to Danny and Drew as well, but F1 really doesn't interest me.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast 100%, week in, week out. Have done since '08. Beaatcast occasionally, when I have the time.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real answer is: where do you damn kids find the time to listen to all these podcasts?

i tend to mostly/only listen to the bombcast. Guess it just feels traditional, resonates with me more, and has more of my personal favorite staffers, as much as i like the gbeast crew. Beastcast from what ive listened to can get a bit rambling, but at the same time i like how in depth they can get with their discussions. I also find the grim nature of alex oddly soothing? I'll try to rectify that and listen to more beastcast.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bombcast, Beastcast, and Power Bombcast. Sorta don't care about any of the rest.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also find the grim nature of alex oddly soothing

The Grim Nature of Alex is my favourite GB podcast.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The real answer is: where do you damn kids find the time to listen to all these podcasts?

i tend to mostly/only listen to the bombcast. Guess it just feels traditional, resonates with me more, and has more of my personal favorite staffers, as much as i like the gbeast crew. Beastcast from what ive listened to can get a bit rambling, but at the same time i like how in depth they can get with their discussions. I also find the grim nature of alex oddly soothing? I'll try to rectify that and listen to more beastcast.

I usually listen to it on the way to work. Forty minutes there, forty minutes back. And that's much better than the hour drive it used to be. Plus I work second shift, I get home in the AM. Everyone else is asleep and I need an hour and a half/two hours to just rest so I can sleep well, so sometimes I'll listen to the rest of a podcast and play Minecraft/Doom/Borderlands/something.

Outside of that, I can't make myself listen to podcasts. It's just during those times. I usually listen to the Beastcast first, then the Bombcast if I have time/feel like listening to another podcast. There was a long time there where I just didn't want to listen to podcasts anymore, so I stopped listening to the Bombcast, so it's not really a "tradition" for me. I started listening to the Beastcast again because I wanted some Vinny in my podcasts and then I realized that I just like their conversations more. I like the Bombcast a lot too, I just prefer the Beastcast when I have to pick one or the other.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beastcast exclusively. Used to be an avid bombcast listener. Dropped it about 3 years ago. This winter I gave Beastcast a try and fell in-love with it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dixavd said:

I listen to almost all of the podcasts (except the Power Bombcast and Gaming Minute). If I have new ones of all of them to listen to, this is the order I listen to them:

1. Alt+F1
  2. Giant Beastcast
  3. Team GFB*
  4. Danswers
  5. Giant Bombcast
  6. 8-4 Play
  7. Giant Bomb Presents

*I don't care if it isn't officially a GB podcast - it counts to me.

Yeah, I agree that pollmaker fucked up pretty bad.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Just the Beastcast. Stopped listening to the bombcast sometime last year. In fact I only ever partake in GBE content in general these days. I've really fallen out of favour with a lot of the staff on the west side of things - Rorie's the only one I still really enjoy listening/watching.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see no reason not to listen to them all.

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Syce300

Both main podcasts and Alt+F1 on a weekly basis for me plus the odd Powerbombcast when it comes out. I typically listen to about 15min to wind myself down before bed, another 15 min to wake myself up, and then I'll turn it on if I'm busy cooking or something during the day. Usually times out pretty well as I'm halfway through last weeks Beastcast and will probably be almost done after getting up in the morning just in time for the Bombcast tomorrow night.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Humanity

@ripelivejam: I run for over an hour every other day so if anything I could use more podcasts! Sometimes I switch up my running schedule just so that my "running day" coincides with either the Bombcast or the Beastcast.

At one point in desperation I even listened to those Austin Walker presents features which I generally don't enjoy as I'm not into that form of over-analyzation.

The one podcast I haven't even tried listening to is Alt-F1 because I know nothing about formula 1 racing nor do I really want to know more especially. I've skipped some Danswers after it became the relationship hotline with every single question ending in "communication, you need to communicate, just relax" and so forth.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@yummylee said:

Just the Beastcast. Stopped listening to the bombcast sometime last year. In fact I only ever partake in GBE content in general these days. I've really fallen out of favour with a lot of the staff on the west side of things - Rorie's the only one I still really enjoy listening/watching.

@mordukai said:

Beastcast exclusively. Used to be an avid bombcast listener. Dropped it about 3 years ago. This winter I gave Beastcast a try and fell in-love with it.

Same. Beastcast is great

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both but I have started to enjoy the Beastcast much more.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to both. Usually on my way to and from work. I will also listen to them while playing certain games that do not require me to pay too much attention.

shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serious question to people who listen to one and not the other. what the fuck are you doing?

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Both, and I'd listen to more if I could. Help me.

snooski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By snooski
@wchigo said:

...I only really have time to listen to them when I go out or work out and I've been too busy to do much of either lately.

Stop making excuses and get back in the gym!

The trick is to find a job that lets you wear headphones while you work. Then suddenly you will find there aren't enough podcasts to listen to.

@yummylee said:

Just curious but can I ask what the west coast duders did to make them fall out of favor with you?

@shrinerr said:

serious question to people who listen to one and not the other. what the fuck are you doing?

Seriously. Like I know time is an issue and all of that but I can't really imagine choosing one over the other. They're different in their own unique ways but they are both still incredibly entertaining and informative. If you are into games and GB and you like one podcast I can't imagine what you would not like about the other.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to pretty much everything. My job involves lots of driving so there is plenty of time to fill with podcasts. Also I find I do a lot better at multiplayer games if I have something to listen to while I'm playing and the podcasts are great for that.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Most of them.

snooski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll listen to the Bombcast pretty much immediately when it is uploaded. I'll listen to the Beastcast when I have nothing else to listen to for the week since I am rarely in the mood to listen to Austin talk.

I'll check out the Giant Bomb Presents feed and listen to whatever shows up there (except for the interviews Austin does with other writers). I'll listen to the Powerbombcast right away as well. I stopped listening to Alt-F1 this season now that it is free and I don't care about F1 I no longer feel obligated to listen since it is not a part of my membership. Danswers is good as a comedy podcast but when they try to take things seriously I lose interest. I stopped listening to 8-4 Play earlier this year but may pick it back up when I have more time.

What you got against Austin, man? Also Danswers is supposed to be serious.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasaioni said:

Those two and also Alt+F1. Nyom.

Same here, usually while driving these days.

NewHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am kind of shocked at the Beastcast only listeners. I mean I like the Beastcast, it's great, better than the Bombcast some weeks, but I've been listening to the Bombcast since 2008* and I can't imagine being into what the Beastcast does but NOT the Bombcast. This is like when main Law and Order was canceled buy SVU lived on.

One has Vinny, one don't.

Besides that, for me it's primarily an energy thing - the Beastcast has become a very fun show that can spin out of control while the Bombcast is pretty low-energy and structured these days comparatively.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Christoffer

I try to listen to both but the Beastcast is my main addiction these days. They have great rapport and everyone seem to have something to say or ask on any given subject. A bit of silliness mixed with a lot of thoughtful discussions.

I've been listening to the Bombcast for a long time so it's starting to feel like it can't surprise me anymore, with opinions or jokes. I find myself zoning out a lot. But I think that's only natural after all these years. I'm still pretty much in love with everything Drew says though. And I love when there are guests on the show.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'ALL A BUNCH OF ICE-T LOVING MOTHERFLUFFERS!

*HOW COME THERE IS NO "ARROW POINTING DOWN" OPTION FOR HIPSTER LISTENERS WHO THINK THEY SOLD OUT WHEN THEY CHANGED THE NAME?

This is really interesting. I've likewise listened to the Bombcast since 2008 (Arrow Pointing Down represent) but the Beastcast feels to me like it's the successor to the 2008-2009 golden age of the Bombcast. The Beastcast really has the early GB vibe which hooked me to this site in the first place. Almost every Beastcast has me in hysterics at some point, while the Bombcast fairly rarely makes me laugh nowadays. It doesn't feel like they're capable of creating any new BIG DOG PITBULL-esque moments.

I love the Bombcast and still listen to it, but I find myself enjoying it fairly little (with exceptions, obviously) and wish it would refresh itself slightly. Dan needs to talk more and Brad needs to loosen up as host. Anyway I hate how negative this post sounds, and just so it's out there I've got mad love for the GB guys and pretty much all the content they put out.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DannyHibiki

Mainly the Bombcast lately.

I'm personally not a fan of the "comedy" skits improvised on the Beastcast. They go on way too long for not enough laughs, especially considering the already short and regimented run-time for that show. A few jokes as an aside to a news story, sure fine, but these bits (like the voice actor auditions) are tortuous for me to listen to.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I listen to both. The way this split is talked about some recently on the site is... a little odd to me. Won't get into it more than that. But to be fair there have been a couple guys on this site I have just avoided their content mostly because they rub me the wrong way so I get it.

@dannyhibiki said:

Mainly the Bombcast lately.

I'm personally not a fan of the "comedy" skits improvised on the Beastcast. They go on way too long for not enough laughs, especially considering the already short and regimented run-time for that show. A few jokes as an aside to a news story, sure fine, but these bits (like the voice actor auditions) are tortuous for me to listen to.

I feel the same way about the Beastcast and about how they jokingly start a lot of their Quick Looks from the East office. They got better about it for a while, but I've noticed it again and often I just skip a couple minutes in to avoid that stuff.

Seinenfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly, the bombcast is one of my least favourite things they put out nowadays and I'm often weeks behind. It just doesn't keep me very engaged and hasn't for a while, though it can still be very entertaining. The beastcast, by comparison, is a must-listen as soon as I soon as I can, and similarly any QL with all three of Alex, Austin and Vinny on it is usually incredible.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By monkeyking1969

There needed to be an "All" choice instead of "Both", since I listen to Alt F1 and Giant Bomb Presents making it four not two.

I think the Bombcast needs a shake up of format and/or personnel. At the very least, even with the current people, I think the show needs restructuring to a tighter 90 to 120 min.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Turambar

I listen to both though I will say I listen to the bombcast more out of habit without the enthusiasm I have for the beastcast. The same is true for pretty much all of Giantbomb's content. I haven't watched an unprofessional fridays in months.