Which is more annoying? Modern Day storage issues or Back in the Day not enough controllers?

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

The assumption is you were poorer when you were younger. Which do you find more vexxing? Having a N64 with 1 or 2 controllers and wishing for 4? Or, having a 1TB harddrive wishing for more?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not having enough memory card space was worse than either of those. People are pretty spoiled by the storage space we have now. Back on the PS1 you had no choice but to juggle save data, even if you had several memory cards.

The situations where I cared to have more than two controllers was incredibly rare.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: This is it, right here. And the clunky-as-all-hell interfaces used to access and free up space...sweet jesus.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sethmode said:

@zeik: This is it, right here. And the clunky-as-all-hell interfaces used to access and free up space...sweet jesus.

Don't forget the super intuitive storage units. N64 memory card space used a unit called "pages," and plenty of systems used blocks or some other made up nonsense. How many Bytes is a page? Hell if I know.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Storage space is hardly an issue. I bought a 4tb harddrive for less than $100 and I didnt really need it.

Controllers today are more annoying. Having to pay $80 for a pair of joycons sucks.

stise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly the most annoying was when your cousin Andrew would take the last oatmeal-raisin cookie specifically because he knew you wanted it; he didn't even LIKE oatmeal-raisin.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting 4-8 minutes for a tape to load only for the game to be busted.

Avatar image for terminallychill
terminallychill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't have both TLOU2 and COD:MW installed at once because MW needs 100+ gigs free to patch. Yes, I have a base ps4, and I had been using a 2TB drive but now I need it for my computer and I don't feel like spending $100 just for another hard drive to use on the ps4, I'd rather save it for next gen.

Joycon drift is bad too though haha. Not having enough controllers wasn't a huge issue back in the day because if I had people over they could usually bring their own, or someone would bring 2-3, etc.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I have a 2TB and it is quickly getting filled so I have to get a 5TB external hard drive next month. As for controllers as a kid, I always had two controllers though most of time only had one official controller and the other one was a third party controller.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The worst was smashing a controller in rage, then realising you couldn't click the save button, so you lost your progress

Just me?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ry_Ry

your AA's getting constantly stolen from your GBC so your sisters can listen to their walkman/discman

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Storage space will forever be the bane of my existence whether it be getting more space for consoles, my PC, or my NAS drive

Arcitee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Having a 500 gig launch ps4 hard-drive and definitely wishing for more.