Which of the following headset brands do you own and use?

• 180 results
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By rorie  Staff

Poll Which of the following headset brands do you own and use? (1158 votes)

Astro 8%
Turtle Beach 14%
Logitech 16%
Plantronics 4%
Sades 0%
Kingston 2%
Razer 6%
VersionTech 0%
SteelSeries 7%
Creative 3%
Sennheiser 24%
Other 24%
None of the above 13%

Hello! This is a poll about gaming headsets.

• 
Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Currently own a Razer but will probably get a Sennheiser in the new future.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

Platronics GameCom 780. They're okay if you don't mind everyone in the neighborhood hearing what you're listening to. They're also USB which is kinda annoying.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I use Turtle Beach (P11?) because they were on sale. And are also pretty nice. At least compared to my old ones, which were less nice.

chris24680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have a pair of JVC Flats for when I'm out and about and a pair of Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over Ear Pro Headphones for at home, both extremely cheap, but very good sound quality.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Just recently got a pair of Audio-Technica M40x's to replace the Sennheiser HD280 Pro's that I've been using for many many years. I also have a pair of Plantronic's that has a mic for whenever I need a mic.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sennheiser RS 180

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i use turtle beach px22 on my pc and the microsoft xbox one headset in a rather fetching green camo style

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 14

#8 FinalDasa  Moderator

TekNmotion.

A terrible name for a decent headset. Has different plugs for both the mic and speakers and for how little I used it it's perfect for me. Cheap too.

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own a razer Tiamat 7.1. Honestly, I really like the sound coming out of it, but the material of the headset just feels flimsy and a bit cheap. I guess all that money went into making things sound better.

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ratamero

Whenever I need a mic, a crappy Logitech is my go-to. For all non-gaming needs I have a pair of nicer Noontecs (the wonderful and inexpensive Zoro) and some good Klipsch earbuds (s4-II). I've found that there's almost no overlap for me between needing a mic and wanting good sound quality.

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the Creative Fatal1ty headphones because they were cheap and I had a tight budget. The sound quality is nice, but the microphone is rubbish.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't use a headset, I use headphones and a cheap microphone. I recently upgraded from Panasonic HTF600s to Sennheiser HD 558s. I do have one headset, the official PS3 headset, but it's a piece of crap that I'd get rid of if my monitor had HDMI and headphone jacks.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a pair of $30 Sony headphones I bought from Wal-Mart because they seemed alright, and a super quick check online didn't yield super negative user reviews.

Then I finally got around to ordering a ModMic because I think someone from these forums recommended them. Only got it recently, haven't tried it out yet.

http://www.modmic.com/

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mellotronrules

pro tip: buy the best pair of hi fi headphones you can afford, and a relatively cheap desktop mic.

most mics in headsets are awful (outgoing voice is compressed to hell anyway), but a real deal set of high end headphones will breathe new life into old records, movies, etc.

ps- i'm a senns man, but i'm also a musician so i look for transparency (which sennheiser is largely known for).

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Just one of those one-ear+mic Logitech headsets that I only use for mumble/vent/skype. All the rest of my sound comes out of my Creative speakers (which are great, by the way).

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a Turtle Beach headset and it's really good.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#17  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Logitech G930. Fits well with my G110 keyboard and G500 mouse. This did not happen on purpose either, which is weird.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Wireless Astro A50. Ive had them over a year and 1/2 now and easily one of the best electronic purchases iv ever made. While sound wise they are amazing, the plastic shell that surrounds the cups are BS. Especially for the $$$.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just a plain ol' Logitech headset. Served me well over the years, but is sadly falling apart.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SomeJerk

Got a huge skull and a love for super-aural headphones so there's only Sennheiser. I go with a regular microphone and a clip-on-desk-boom-arm for a mic, because I think its a waste, headset mic quality blows until you get a $250+ Beyerdynamic (of models too small for my head always) or an even more expensive Sennheiser (which do fit my head like the caressing of a lover) and I need top mic quality.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Logitech G430s got em for cheap, over the ear 7.1 pretty happy with them for what I paid (New like 79.99 got em for 40)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

I've owned Trittons but I suppose those can technically be labeled as Mad Catz?

They were pretty good, a little bit and I regretted buying the corded version instead of the wireless as the cables got out of control after a while.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By cloudymusic

I've owned a set of Logitech G930s for over 4 years now and have relatively few complaints.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also have a set of those PlayStation Gold wireless headphones. Those are pretty nice too.

RobDaCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony Gold Headset, yeah I'm poor :(

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So one time I ordered a Sony headset from Amazon that was about $40. I had the exact same headset before, but it broke; however, it lasted a long time and was really comfortable to wear.

But when I received my package and opened the box, it did not contain that Sony headset, but a pair of SMS Audio headphones promoted by 50 Cent. They were priced at close to $300 at the time, but when I checked my bank account I was still only charged the $40.

I never got contacted about the obvious mix up, and I'm pretty happy with these headphones. yet I wouldn't recommend them for gaming to be honest.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steelseries Siberia V2s I think? Have had a great experience with them, very comfortable.

SgtSphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#27 SgtSphynx  Moderator

Some Turtle Beach ones that I got because they were on sale.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have Audio Technica headphones and an older Sennheiser pair somewhere. (HD555 if I remember right)

Better bang for buck than gaming headsets but it can be annoying that they don't have a built-in mic. My desktop one picks up keyboard sounds. (maybe I should buy a better one though)

ToTheNines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had a steelseries syberia, but it broke. I didn't treat it that well either, so not the headsets fault. I am thinking of getting a Sennheiser of some sort next.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Managed to get the Sony Elite Pulse headset at a very steep discount a while back. It's a great headset.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better bang for buck than gaming headsets but it can be annoying that they don't have a built-in mic. My desktop one picks up keyboard sounds. (maybe I should buy a better one though)

It's about it being physically connected to the desktop and capturing its vibrations (also a problem if the computer stands on the desk and lacks vibration-isolating rubber feet), the solution is a massive undertaking in figuring out just how much you need to dampen it or grabbing the third cheapest mic-stand (boom-arm model) you can find. ("Third cheapest" is an unwritten rule in buying gear on a budget)

I mounted a mic holder on an old swivel lamp mount+arm and clamped it to my desk, ready-made solutions of that kind can be had for $25+, and in case you have a cylindrical big mic from Blue or the likes it may need a shock mount, a mic cradle to safely hold onto it.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By myke_tuna

Logitech G35.

Got em about a year and a half ago. Serves me well enough. Will probably upgrade to a better set whenever these stop working.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:

@privodotmenit said:

It's about it being physically connected to the desktop and capturing its vibrations (also a problem if the computer stands on the desk and lacks vibration-isolating rubber feet), the solution is a massive undertaking in figuring out just how much you need to dampen it or grabbing the third cheapest mic-stand (boom-arm model) you can find. ("Third cheapest" is an unwritten rule in buying gear on a budget)

I mounted a mic holder on an old swivel lamp mount+arm and clamped it to my desk, ready-made solutions of that kind can be had for $25+, and in case you have a cylindrical big mic from Blue or the likes it may need a shock mount, a mic cradle to safely hold onto it.

Nah in my case you can hear the individual presses, not just the thuds of the keys from being pressed. The mic is really sensitive to a fault, I have a clip-on somewhere that does a bit of noise cancelling, I just need to find somewhere to place it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Sennheiser G4me Zero. Works great so far!

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two pair of cans:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50. A lot of quality for the money.

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. I prefer to use these most of the time. These cans are bigger and more comfortable to wear for long sessions.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crysack

@sodapop7 said:

Steelseries Siberia V2s I think? Have had a great experience with them, very comfortable.

I had a pair of these and thought the sound was pretty awful. They died within 6 months anyway.

These days, I run with a pair of medium-range audio-technicas and a desk mic. Best choice I ever made.

cocoonmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use a Philips Fidelio X2 together with a V-Moda BoomPro mic and it works very well.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to Jeff Green I use Koss PortaPros!

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ezekiel said:

I don't use a headset, I use headphones and a cheap microphone. I recently upgraded from Panasonic HTF600s to Sennheiser HD 558s. I do have one headset, the official PS3 headset, but it's a piece of crap that I'd get rid of if my monitor had HDMI and headphone jacks.

This is the way to go. 'Gaming' headsets are nonsense... get a cheap clip-on mic and some proper headphones.

mr__kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just use the Sony Gold Wireless Headset

Not the greatest. But they work, they're comfortable, and aren't $300.

loller432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Audio-Technica ATH-M30. Nice flat sound, great for music production and they work just fine with games.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For gaming I use the Sony Gold Headset, as others said they aren't that great but for 100 bucks I would say they are worth it. Decent sound quality, with some neat virtual surround sound, and they are pretty comfortable.

Have a pair of Sennheiser IE60s that I use for most music though. Been wanting to get a nice pair of dedicated music over ears but just can't justify dropping the cash on them while having both the Gold Headset and IE60s.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I have a set of Astro A40s and a Astro mix-amp. Its a good package to get what you need for any PC or console circumstance. The headset is comfortable, the sound quality is excellent and as I said it works with anything.

Are they pricey? Well that depends on what you mean by pricey. Yes, Astros cost more than total shit, but the point is you are not getting total shit. If you want better than Astros you will be paying $300 to $800 just for the headphones and -at best- they might be better for music. So for $250 Astros A40s or A50s are pricey compared to total junk, but not as pricey true audiophile headsets that you would still need some sort of mixer to run if you want volume and game sound vs chat levels.

I bought my Astros four years ago and they are still great and they seemingly will keep on being great for years to come....so I view them as an excellent investment so far..

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lausebub

Really surprised that Sennheiser got so many votes. They are really good when it comes to headphones in general. They don't have some kind speciality, they just sound really nice and natural. Can be on the pricey side though. They announced a new version of the Momentum over-ears at CES. It's wireless and has noice cancelling now, but they cost $200 more than the original. So, $500 in total.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to use a Creative F4t4|1ty or however is was written headset. I've seen graduated to using a cheap $10 Zalman ZM-Mic1 mic and a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700's which they have updated and call ATH-AD700x (I'm not changing my stylish purple ones though).

For $110 I got better mic quality and headphone quality than I think I'd ever get from an integrated headset. My only complaint with the set up is the microphone cord is like spaghetti thing and like twenty feet long for some reason. I could walk across the room with it.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I use a set of USB Plantronics I bought a few years ago on my pc, but as far as the consoles go I just use the pack ins.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Audio Technica ATH-M50 Monitor Headphones.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I use Turtle Beach Ear Force X11.

gnomeonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By gnomeonfire

A pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's in stylish prostitute-red. They're widely known for their price to performance ratio.