Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By living4theday258

So i dont know which of these i want. i was leaning toward X-Com but i dont know Far Cry 3 looks pretty good too, and i wanted Dishonored since it was announced. Ive seen a lof of good free games with PS+ so maybe i should renew my subscription. So many choices!!!! Help me Giant Bomb!!!

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

!!!!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463

XCom is always the right choice, but if you are on a budget and $50 is a rare thing for you to come by then PS+ is the no brainer You get a ton of games and by the time you beat them a new wave is ready. One bit of advice however, if you get PS+ start going to the Playstation blog site at least once or twice a week to keep up to date on what's coming out next and when.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

X-Com, because I'm getting Far Cry 3 and Dishonored, damn it! (and X-Com, later on, but turn-based strategy is more your thing than mine.)

EDIT: Also, you voted for X-Com yourself. Wanna know how I know? 'Cause this thing filters what you voted for by IP address and I didn't have an option.

living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By living4theday258

@crusader8463 said:

XCom is always the right choice, but if you are on a budget and $50 is a rare thing for you to come by then PS+ is the no brainer You get a ton of games and by the time you beat them a new wave is ready. One bit of advice however, if you get PS+ start going to the Playstation blog site at least once or twice a week to keep up to date on what's coming out next and when.

money isnt really the issue here X-Com appeals to me because i like RTS games and the concept a turn based strategy game appeals to me. but then again Ps+is a ton of new games often

@believer258 said:

X-Com, because I'm getting Far Cry 3 and Dishonored, damn it! (and X-Com, later on, but turn-based strategy is more your thing than mine.)

doesnt matter if your getting it you will get them on pc and i will never get the chance to beat them. Dammit.

@believer258 said:

EDIT: Also, you voted for X-Com yourself. Wanna know how I know? 'Cause this thing filters what you voted for by IP address and I didn't have an option.

so i could see the results. since it wont let me until i vote.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder

XCOM. Although Dishonored is pretty good too, but XCOM will probably give you more bang for your buck.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Canteu

Far Cry 3 is fucking amazing. X-Com has no replayability really once you're done sadly. But from what i've played so far of Far Cry it looks long as shit and is fun as hell.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Justin258

@living4theday258 said:

@crusader8463 said:

money isnt really the issue here X-Com appeals to me because i like RTS games and the concept a turn based strategy game appeals to me. but then again Ps+is a ton of new games often

@believer258 said:

doesnt matter if your getting it you will get them on pc and i will never get the chance to beat them. Dammit.

X-Com isn't an RTS. And you've been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on here. Damn it.

living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By living4theday258

@believer258: yesterday: you had work to do and you were using a laptop so why not? Today: i did not! i played sleepy dogs! now let some other people argue with me for a little while. i live with you i can argue with you all damn day.

EDIT: also i said @living4theday258 said:

never said it was an RTS. learn to read.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

@living4theday258 said:

i played sleepy dogs!

Either you mean Sleeping Dogs, or there's a cool new 3DS game I need to get in on.

living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By living4theday258

@Video_Game_King said:

@living4theday258 said:

i played sleepy dogs!

Either you mean Sleeping Dogs, or there's a cool new 3DS game I need to get in on.

Sleeping dogs.

OhHiMk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OhHiMk

X-Com is amazing if you're into strategy. Dishonored might join Sleeping Dogs in the most overlooked column.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By crusader8463

@living4theday258: If money means nothing to you then get XCom and play the hell out of it.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#15  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Video_Game_King:

Are you not down with Vinny's pet name for what one of his favorite games of the year?

Also roomy drama!

I can't help, as I haven't played any of the games you listed and it's tough to recommend a year of plus without knowing what games will be available during that year. Personally I want to play XCOM the most of those three.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King

@pyromagnestir:

I don't listen to the podcast, so no.

CellBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CellBit

It really depends what your preference is in terms of gameplay, story, replayability, and just a general fun factor. But I would personally recommend PS Plus just because you'll get a lot of different games for less than the price of one. :)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

Tough pick. Either XCOM or Far Cry 3, I'd say. Dishonored is great, but it's a lean package comparatively, if that matters to you.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Gaff

E. Other.

Save the 50 bucks and steal your brother's copy.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Justin258

@Gaff said:

E. Other. Save the 50 bucks and steal your brother's copy.

Can't. My copy will be on PC and digital. His will be on PS3.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kerned

XCOM is super good, but it's probably going to drop in price soon and you'll be able to pick it up at a discount. PS+ is a fantastic value for the money, and if your sub is about to lapse you may as well renew now. I haven't ever seen PS+ subscriptions for less than $50, so there is no risk in just going ahead and taking care of it now.

But you'll still need to play XCOM, seriously.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Dishonored in my opinion sucked. A lot of things interested me like the hand drawn art and the setting/style of the game, but it was really overwhelming and there was just so much shit happening at once. I quit after 2 days. Very interesting game though, I just think it was poorly executed.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laserbolts

Dishonored is pretty awesome and fun as hell if you actually mess around with the powers in combat. I can't comment on the other options but I know you can't go wrong giving dishonored a try.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If getting the most bang for your buck is the issue here, PS+ is probably the correct choice, tons of free stuff and discounts and whatnot.

X-Com is awesome though, and lengthy.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jsnyder82

I haven't played Far Cry 3 yet, so Dishonored, easily.