Which one do you like more Saints Row The 3rd or Sleeping Dogs?

• 97 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Which one do you like more Saints Row The 3rd or Sleeping Dogs? (447 votes)

Yo Saints Row The 3rd is astounding!!! 40%
Sleeping Dogs easily! Saints Row The 3rd is so overrated around these parts… 59%

I was thinking about all the solid up-coming Western Square-Enix games like Rise of Tomb Raider, Hitman, and Just Cause 3 which got me thinking about Sleeping Dogs and how much I enjoyed that game. In fact, I don't know if it was all the hyping during the Bombcasts but comparatively, Saints Row 3 felt consistently underwhelming. It's really sad that no Sleeping Dogs sequel's been announced besides some spin-off called Triad Wars.

• 
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Wei Shin is a dangerous man. #teamsleepydawgs

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

They're both great but Sleeping Dogs is the better game. Saints Row is a lot of dumb fun, but Sleeping Dogs actually feels like a world and story that you're living in. Too bad the ending sucked.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Saints Row, easily.

Not because Sleeping Dogs is any slouch, mind you. The Third is just really fucking good.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I would say Sleeping Dogs is overrated around these parts. Saint's Row the Third is a better game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The story & gameplay of Sleeping Dogs make for a better single player experience, the co op was pretty fun in Saints Row though, I guess I'd give it to Sleeping Dogs.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly I thought Saints Row 3 was really boring. Sleeping Dogs for me.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Sleeping Dogs is slightly better but they're relatively close; Sleeping Dogs is a bit more appealing to go back to and SR3 is just a game you run through and enjoy. Saint's Row 2 though, now that's a game.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The correct answer is Sleeping Dogs because Saints Row 3 isn't even the best Saints Row game. Saints Row 2 is in fact the best Saints Row game. 3 had one great moment with Power by Kanye West and that was that. And they blew their wad right at the start. Everything else in 3 was a watered down version of what made 2 great.

Don't get me wrong, 3 was a fun game, but 2 is better. And Sleeping Dogs is still better than both of them.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#60  Edited By Yummylee

Saints Row 2 is better than both. Though between the two it differs. Sleeping Dogs is a significantly more engaging open world to be in, as Steelport is fucking boring and nothing ever really happens. You yourself always have to create the havoc rather than it happening spontaneously of its own accord. Sleeping Dogs also has better gameplay, except for the driving which is utter rubbish.

Story and characters wise SRTT takes it as, while I seem to be in the minority, I wasn't very invested in Wei Shen and his story. Overall I would say Sleeping Dogs is a more fun game to go back to, whereas all SRTT really has is a handful of fun missions and little else that isn't done better in SR2.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shleepy Dawgs!!!

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ninnanuam

Sleeping dogs is more consistent in gameplay, and it is the more consistent open world experience it and it really doesn't help that somewhere in the back third of SRIII the series jumped the shark. But Saints Row's 3's highs are just so monumentally high that it beats out Sleepy Dogs for me personally. However I can totally understand why someone would come to the opposite conclusion.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I really liked the older Saints Row games because for their time they were fresh but now they just feel like they are trying too hard. I missed Sleeping Dogs when it originally released but I did buy it when it hit ps4 and was pleasantly surprised. Great story, it forced me to brawl a lot more than most games, and it's only downside was some ropey driving sections. Pretty sure it had a decent soundtrack too, which Saints Row has also gotten right in the past.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NTM

I didn't love either, both were fine, but I definitely enjoyed Saints Row 3 more. I played them late. I didn't finish the fourth Saints Row, though I liked it as well just as I did the third. I got them on Steam and my PC can't run them as well as I'd like, so I gave up. I finished Saints Row 3 near the end of last year, and played Sleeping Dogs on PS4 just before Arkham Knight came out. Sleeping Dogs is okay. I'd rather play GTA 5 than either one of those.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I could even compare the 2 games, saints row 3 was a parody of the genre and sleeping dogs is just a really good action game. I enjoyed both for different reasons

soluzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints Row 3 is so much fun in co-op. I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, but it does not have anything like the same potential for hilarity and fun with a friend.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleepy Dawgs!

supermulletman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're all crazy, running to the fake Statue of Liberty while Bonnie Tylers "Holding Out For a Hero" plays is one of the greatest moments in gaming.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both excellent games. Saints Row the third has so many memorable moments and is genuinely hilarious whereas Sleeping Dogs probably has the overall better gameplay. I give the narrow edge to Saint's Row but it's close.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love both, but I think Sleeping Dogs is a real gem. What a fun game in every aspect.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sleepy Dawgs played very well. SR3 played tolerably, enough so to facilitate seeing the next wacky cutscene. Enjoyed both, but SD is where I vote.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Nobody is saying Sleepy Dawgs is bad. BUT YALL CRAY TO THINK ANYTHING APPROACHES SAINT'S ROW "POWER PLAYIMG WHILE YOU JUMP OUT OF A HELICOPTER TO MURDER A PENTHOUSE" THE THIRD

j4yk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are great games and completely different. I cant choose :(

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found Sleeping Dogs mediocre. Saints Row 3 on the other hand was total shit. I played it for a little bit during one of the free weekends.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: So is there any open world crime murder simulator game you enjoy? Because I feel like those are 2 of the best as far as covering the wide swings it can take, obviously throw GTA 5 in there as well as some sort of mid-point as it can't quite decide if it's Tw@ internet cafes & Bawsaq stock exchanges & papping young starlets taking it up the bum or if it's gritty torture sequences perpetrated by corrupt government agencies.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I just see them going for totally different things and there is no point of comparing the two.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints' Row the Third for me to play. Sleeping Dogs for me to watch Vinny play.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Saints' Row the Third for me to play. Sleeping Dogs for me to watch Vinny play.

Nailed it.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sleepy Dawgs, easily. Saints Row is okay, but I'll take 4 over 3.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#81  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

I voted Sleeping Dogs, but Saint Row 3 is not overrated in any way. Both games are amazing. I just happened to play Sleeping Dogs first, and liked the way it went super-crazy here and there, while still feeling grounded overall.

EDIT: Also, FUCK Triad Wars!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By probablytuna

Saints Row The Third was a fantastic ride all the way through, especially when playing co-op. Tazing your friend while he's trying to jump across the next building never gets old.

There's too much little flaws in Sleeping Dogs that makes it just a pretty good game instead of a great open world game. Whether it's the fake Chinese accents, some aspects of the plot, the car controls, the shooting mechanics... It never gets it quite right. For me, Saints Row The Third is a better game overall by a fair margin.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#83  Edited By Chummy8

Sleepy Dogs is one of the best open world games of all time. I love it more than GTA 5 and Saint's Row.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: Did you ever really shoot anything in the game though? I honestly can only remember very, very few times where you ever got to pick up a gun in that game. It almost always wanted you to fist fight. I could be wrong.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really had to think about this. I love Saints Row 3. I love the characters, especially Kinsey, the missions, the story, just about all of it was great except for some of the side missions. Sleeping Dogs I like a little more but if you ask me tomorrow I might say Saints Row 3. Play both. Despite the overall genre type the games are very different.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoyed both...but Saints Row 3 was the better game for me. Right mix of humor and challenge.

Sleeping Dogs was fun as well - but a very different type of game - closer to a pure GTA style game (which probably makes my grading standards tougher). Dug the Batman Combat and setting though.

Saints Row The Third: A-

Sleeping Dogs: B

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna: Did you ever really shoot anything in the game though? I honestly can only remember very, very few times where you ever got to pick up a gun in that game. It almost always wanted you to fist fight. I could be wrong.

Very few instances still meant that you had to shoot (for example, at Winston's wedding). The shooting should've been better. And honestly, because the story was taking itself so seriously, as an undercover cop, I just couldn't (and often wouldn't) gun people down, or use any weapons apart from my fists to take people down.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I LOVED the stupid humour of Saints Row 3 and it had a fun story, but the world was so dull despite all its promised. Sleeping Dogs had a more engaging plot I feel, brutally satisfying combat and a wonderfully fresh setting.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really liked both of those games, but if I had to pick one I'd probably go for Sleeping Dogs. I just think it plays better, but obviously Saint's Row has all the crazy and random stuff going for it, so both have their merits.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ezekiel

@forkboy said:

@ezekiel: So is there any open world crime murder simulator game you enjoy? Because I feel like those are 2 of the best as far as covering the wide swings it can take, obviously throw GTA 5 in there as well as some sort of mid-point as it can't quite decide if it's Tw@ internet cafes & Bawsaq stock exchanges & papping young starlets taking it up the bum or if it's gritty torture sequences perpetrated by corrupt government agencies.

Everything about Saints Row feels cheap and it isn't funny. The animations and driving have no weight, it's ugly, it doesn't play well... It tries to mask its cheapness with absurdity and fails. It's so desperate to be over the top and out there that the whole thing just comes off as pathetic and immature.

Cky4890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had sr3 spoiled so coming in to sleeping dogs blind was great I really didn't know what to expect and was so surprise after a couple hour playing it

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel: Doesn't actually answer the question.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I love them both a bunch, but Saint's Row's brand of over the top humor is a little more my style. I was also a bit frustrated by not being able to cap my criminal skill tree in Sleepy Dogs. Both games are better then any GTA game I ever played.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the setting of Sleeping Dogs an awful lot but found almost all of the side stuff to be almost unplayably tedious. I didn't think the cars handled very well either, and I believe it was Alex who said that the game suffered once guns were commonplace, a sentiment I'd agree with. On top of all of that, the whole Cop/Triad Dude duality mechanic was fucking stupid in a way that made the plot suffer. Spend one mission just absolutely murdering cops and various gang members and all's well for your undercover cop reputation, but hit a fucking parking meter and your cop buddies will be screaming in horror at your irresponsibility as a police officer. The whole game has tons of great things about it, but as a serious game it kind of fails.

Meanwhile, Saint's Row: The Third never once stops reminding everyone how dumb it is and, heck, it all works very well.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved both of these games but if I had to pick one to play right now it would be Sleeping Dogs. In fact I caught myself hovering over that PS4 remake in the psn store less than a week ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't really find SR3 much fun to play, and the humour only worked half the time (which is weird because I remember having neither of those issues with SR4 despite them being basically the same thing).

Sleeping Dogs was so much fun to play that I did everything I could. The setting is also super underused in games (SR3 having generic American city no. 72 didn't help it, either), so it felt totally unique, and they really nailed the atmosphere to make it feel like an actual space and not just a playground with all the seams showing like SR3 (seriously, there was like no weight or presence in SR3's city).

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Don't really like either option but I'll always be a sleepy dawg first.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Saints Row 3 changed the way I look at driving in open world games and humor.

Sleeping Dogs did not.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with Saints Row 3 in terms of enjoyment
It's ridiculous in a way that really works for me.