Which series from last gen would you like to see get another entry?

• 90 results
#1 Posted by liquiddragon (3526 posts) -

For example, I feel like a team should get a crack at another BioShock. I really liked all 3 BioShocks but I'm not that precious about them. I liked to see a studio create a new world without Ken Levine in the spirit of the franchise. Final Fantasy that shit.

How about Dead Space? It'd be great to see a reboot with all that horse shit lore done away with. Just a mysterious ship in space and get back to horror.

In a world where Microsoft deems Crackdown 3 a worthwhile venture, there are probably a lot of potential candidates.

#2 Edited by zombiepenguin9 (775 posts) -

I'd like to see another Saint's Row. I really enjoyed my time with the Third and 4, and it'd be cool to see them find a way to go even more over the top.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
#3 Posted by awesomeusername (4645 posts) -

Resistance! I’d prefer a sequel but I wouldn’t care if they rebooted it. Maybe make It a bit more scary.

Dead Space is a bad idea. They killed it with DS3 and recently killed Mass Effect. MASS EFFECT! I think another company should just buy all the good IP from EA because boy has EA shit the bed this gen on everything they’ve developed.

#4 Posted by BrunoTheThird (843 posts) -

I'd love another season of episodes in the Siren series, continuing from Blood Curse. I was so into that game, like it was a cult Japanese horror show. When the original came out, it had a terrifying and brilliantly done website with a bunch of hidden secrets that I told everyone at school about; at least five of them said they couldn't sleep after delving in, it was dope. https://siren.lima-city.de/eu-site1/index.php

Demon's Souls 2 is high on the list.

A full-fat Shin Megami Tensei on the PS4/Switch would be cool. Apocalypse on 3DS had styyyyle, but I want more.

#5 Posted by TopCat88 (378 posts) -

I really enjoyed The BIGS 2, so I'd like another of those.

Also: Skate 4.

#6 Posted by Panfoot (333 posts) -

Condemned 3

#7 Posted by ZombiePie (7471 posts) -

Dead Space is a bad idea. They killed it with DS3 and recently killed Mass Effect. MASS EFFECT! I think another company should just buy all the good IP from EA because boy has EA shit the bed this gen on everything they’ve developed.

You are probably "correct," but at the same time... I want to know what the long term plan was for the ending of Dead Space 3. If you must know, I'm including the bonkers crazy ending from the DLC. Seriously, where does that story go next? I would probably be horrible, but I want to know definitely. I NEED to know.

That's also why I would like to see a next generation continuation of the 2008 Prince of Persia game. That game ended on an unresolved bummer, but it was glorious.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
#8 Posted by soimadeanaccount (629 posts) -

40K Space Marine

#9 Posted by MightyDuck (2046 posts) -

I would love another MAG.

Granted, Zipper has long been shut down, but I loved that game! I feel like it was ahead of it's time a bit as well. The objective based gameplay did more for me than any Battlefield has in the past. Long live SVER!

#10 Posted by zombie2011 (5601 posts) -

Dantes Inferno.

I enjoyed that game more than the God of War games. The atmosphere they created in that game was great, I would have no idea what a sequel to that game would be but another trip through the 9 circles would be OK in my book

#11 Posted by Relkin (1214 posts) -

You are probably "correct," but at the same time... I want to know what the long term plan was for the ending of Dead Space 3. If you must know, I'm including the bonkers crazy ending from the DLC. Seriously, where does that story go next? I would probably be horrible, but I want to know definitely. I NEED to know.

You mean the ending where Earth has been overrun and multiple Necromorph planets(?) are looming over it? Yeah, count me in. No clue where you could even go with that, but I'd totally be down to see someone just try. Maybe they could double down on the split reality thing they introduced in that DLC; go full-on cosmic horror, even.

As for another series I would want to see continued, I really want to see THQ's Space Marine get the full trilogy it originally had planned. Fantastic game.

#12 Posted by Rebel_Scum (1442 posts) -

Not a series but a concept...single player expansions for GTA games. Apart from that nothing comes to mind.

#13 Posted by AlKusanagi (1653 posts) -

It's been several generations, other than some rereleases, but I want the Lunar series to come back.

#14 Posted by csl316 (15004 posts) -

Asura's Wrath, but that story wrapped perfectly so a game like that by them that isn't Naruto.

Prince of Persia '08-2

Driver: San Francisco with that hot-swapping in Chicago

Crysis?

El Shaddai

Metal Gear Rising 2

SSX

#15 Edited by ez123 (2159 posts) -

Viva Pinata. I have not seen any other garden sims with a style that comes even close.

@topcat88 said:

I really enjoyed The BIGS 2, so I'd like another of those.

Same. The Bigs 2 was awesome.

Also I'm going to hope a new Dead Space never happens now that you've bad-mouthed Crackdown.

#16 Posted by Fezrock (732 posts) -

Bioshock and Saints Row for sure. Also, Portal.

And I want to see Obsidian get to make another Fallout game as a follow-up to New Vegas.

#17 Posted by Zeik (5221 posts) -

Probably Dragon's Dogma. I really liked that game and it's a shame that all they've managed to do with it since is that JP only online game and a remaster.

#18 Posted by Captain_Insano (3532 posts) -

GIVE ME MORE VIVA PINATA

#19 Posted by lead_dispencer (542 posts) -

Just remake all the metal gear solids. Keep the sound design the exact same. Just updated graphics and gameplay. Why not?

#20 Posted by cubidog (96 posts) -

Saints Row and Skate are the only that come to mind immediately

#21 Posted by BoOzak (2648 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden 4. I liked Nioh, it was certainly better than Ninja Gaiden 3, but i'm quite tired of souls style games if i'm being honest. (I know Nioh 2 is happening)

#22 Edited by NTM (11872 posts) -

Dead Space, Crysis, F.E.A.R. Actually, though, I just saw on YouTube a series from last-gen that I would think would be cool if they brought it back, and considering the developer just made a highly regarded game, why not another Resistance? That said, I never played three despite really wanting to.

#23 Edited by Shiftygism (1070 posts) -

WWE All Stars, Sleeping Dogs, Tokyo Jungle (where's my fucking port?), and Dragon's Dogma.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
#24 Posted by shivermetimbers (1721 posts) -

Test Drive Unlimited. Forza Horizon 4 will be alright, but Test Drive Unlimited really had charm to it...along with jank.

#25 Posted by FrostyRyan (2924 posts) -

It's not a series but I want a damn sequel to LA Noire. shit had potential

#26 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (8931 posts) -

Boom Blox, from the Wii era. Maybe it wouldn't be as great without motion controls, but I doubt it. It'd be cool to at least see a spiritual successor. And add my vote to a new Saints Row.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a Burnout Paradise 2 with the caveat that it be much more user friendly. I don't have a lot of love for the first one but I think the groundwork was there for something great and a sequel or two might prove that.

#27 Posted by Damodar (2185 posts) -

#SKATE4

I was gonna say Condemned 3, nice surprise to see somebody actually beat me to it.

I'm pretty sure the world needs more Vanquish.

At this point, I could definitely play another Fight Night, but I assume that's just been devoured by UFC/MMA, kind of like how actual boxing has.

#28 Posted by glots (4383 posts) -

I’m pretty sure a new Bioshock is being made, even if it might be in it’s very early stages still.

People have already mentioned all the other games I thought about, so...I don’t know. I guess they are going to try and kickstart a third game in the American McGee’s Alice series, so that could be neat if it ever happens.

#29 Posted by Rich666 (428 posts) -

I'd honestly want to see a sequel to Dragon's Crown. I really enjoyed that game.

#30 Posted by Humanity (18948 posts) -

As mentioned above DEAD SPACE

That IP is too good to let it rot in the EA vaults. Although at this point most of the people that were responsible for making that series great have moved on to other studios.

#31 Edited by The_Greg (548 posts) -

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and the Jedi Knight series. Hopefully with minimal EA input.

A new Fable would be cool. They would need to really change that up though, because Fable III was lame.

Max Payne. I'd like them to go back to the New York film noir style of the first two games. That's not to say I didn't love Max Payne 3.

Some of these are 6th generation games, but hey ho. Most of the games I liked from the last gen are either backwards compatible or they're part of an ongoing series.

#32 Edited by MattGiersoni (587 posts) -

Midnight Club, and make it like Midnight Club LA, I loved that game and since PS4 has a lack of an awesome alternative to Forza Horizon or just arcadey open world racers, I'd love that. I'm saving up for Xbox One S because Forza Horizon series seems like my dream game series so since there won't be another Midnight Club LA, I'm just gonna do the above anyway in a few months.

@liquiddragon New Bioshock is totally being made, there were lots of rumours that one of 2K's studios is working on a new Bioshock, even Jason Shreier reported that and he's a lot of times right and has good sources. Even then, it just makes sense, Bioshock is a big IP. That's probably next-gen tho, seing how we're like 2 years or less away from new gen.

#33 Edited by Backstabuuu (101 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs

Most people on this site love this game already so it's not a hard sell, but it's one of the best open world crime games I've ever played. It had loads of style, really fun combat, and great music. I just started Yakuza 0 a few weeks ago and that game reminds me of how much I love Sleeping Dogs.

Left 4 Dead

I've probably put more time into L4D than any other shooter and I miss playing it with my friends.

L.A. Noire

L.A. Noire really could have been something amazing, I'd love to see Rockstar take another shot at it. It was so close to being truly great, but it was bogged down by interrogation sequences that don't really make a whole lot of sense and were frustrating. I want to see a L.A. Noire game that removes the awkward guesswork.

#34 Posted by isomeri (3125 posts) -

Project Gotham Racing.

#35 Posted by cliffordbanes (124 posts) -

Rise and shine, Mr Freeman.

#36 Edited by nutter (2294 posts) -

The 360 Generation was amazing...most of these are kinda dark horses or b-games, but I tend to like a game that stands out, even if it’s not wholly polished.

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Shadows of the Damned

Lollipop Chainsaw

Revengeance

Vanquish (man, a 60fps HDR/4K Vanquish sounds amazing...)

Alpha Protocol

Binary Domain

Azura’s Wrath

SpecOps: The Line

Kingdoms of Amalur

Condemned

Brutal Legend

Enslaved

I’d also like to see another shot taken with Perfect Dark and Fuse. I liked both those games, but felt like they could have been more.

Oh, hey...Alan Wake...

#37 Posted by CreepingDeath0 (421 posts) -

Prince of Persia.

Though, at the same time, I'd hate to see what kind of bland open world game modern ubisoft would slap the PoP IP on...

#38 Edited by BoboBones (284 posts) -

1. Mario Maker for Switch!

2. #Skate 4.

3. Chromehounds. With the state of gaming right now, I think it could draw a a nice cult following.

4. I wouldn't mind seeing a direct sequel to G.R.A.W.

5. World in Conflict

#39 Posted by MeierTheRed (5975 posts) -

@panfoot said:

Condemned 3

40K Space Marine

Those are very good choices. Would also like to see Too Human sequels, despite it being janky i adored that game.

#40 Posted by oldenglishc (1547 posts) -

Vanquish. The world needs more rocket knees and cigarettes.

#41 Posted by jamesyfx (155 posts) -

Not the last gen, but the gen before last... I'd really like a version of Bully for modern systems.

I never played Bully first time around, so I've only played it recently and it feels too constricted and a bit sloppy compared to today's standards. So I'd love a new take on it.

#42 Posted by Drachmalius (697 posts) -

Gotta be Left 4 Dead, still one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time. I'd love an updated version with better graphics and more campaigns

#43 Posted by Lucifunk (88 posts) -

Alpha Protocol. Usually my answer for remasters, reboots, remakes, sequels, graphic novel adaptations, Netflix series, trading cards, crossovers with Burn Notice, and just plain good ass game.

#44 Posted by riostarwind (1363 posts) -

Making a sequel to 3D Dot Game Heroes could be fun.

#45 Edited by PatODay (395 posts) -

Gotta be Left 4 Dead, still one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time. I'd love an updated version with better graphics and more campaigns

Strong agree. Would that game ship with a Walking Dead-esque Battle Royale mode where 100 survivors are dropped onto a Zombie Island?

#46 Posted by Archer88 (415 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma. Hands down. It needs a proper sequel. There just wasn't anything quite like it.

Also, Red Faction, Jedi Knight, Tie Fighter(not quite last gen...), Ground Control, Half-Life, Alan Wake.

#47 Posted by Kamui97 (131 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs sequel. rip

#48 Posted by Otacon (2337 posts) -

Another burnout paradise perhaps?

#49 Posted by fisk0 (6953 posts) -

If we count Spec Ops despite its PS1 era roots, I'd say that.

Also, MAG.

Oh, and Section 8 which I thought was a fantastic low budget Tribes knock-off franchise.

#50 Posted by nutter (2294 posts) -

@meierthered: Too Human felt like a game that could have been really good if not for what may have been performance issues.

The world felt empty, enemy and player space-wise. Some of the classes felt kind useless. It felt like more players (as planned) and enemies could have made that game a lot more fun.

Also, it did that auto-scrap low-level/low-rarity gear thing. I wish more loot games would ape that mechanic. If it’s junk and had no cool, unique properties, don’t waste my time. Auto-convert it to parts or currency.