Which site does the best E3 coverage?

JaxDaxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JaxDaxter

I think it is very interesting seeing the difference between gamesites and the coverage they produce of such a big show. Personally because of the live demoes they do, Gamespot produces the largest amount of coverage. Whilst maybe not the best it is likely to have something for everyone, except most of the games it Demoes live are big hits, not Indie games or even gmaes like Fat Princess, though I may be wrong.

I've never been a fan of gametrailers in terms of covering news or shows, mainly because it's just videos, which even though interesting, just don't aid me in finding out about the game. Also they just cover too much, which means it's fairly hard to find what you are looking for.
Joystiq has done a good job of covering the show so far, with good hands-on and video. However because of it's blog format, sometimes it's hard to find what you are looking for, this is not helped by their terrible search. They also seem to be slightly slower at putting up trailers and video
Finally Giantbomb, which I think has done great coverage so far, however it has obviously been limited by the amount of people they have on the showfloor, I have also noticed a lack of written coverage about games, but obviously I will reserve my judgement.

I am interested so see what you think of the coverage of E3 so far, and other sites which I have not mentioned like IGN.

Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Steven

Giantbomb!!!  Seriously that's all I care about.  There's a handful of things I want to see what *everyone* says about them (such as project natal) but as far just following everything they're doing, only Giantbomb.  But then again I'm not terribly into previewing games.

haytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By haytek

This website is great. I love giant bomb, but others are good in their own way. ( Cought "Gamespot.")

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

I'd say Gametrailers, with all the video coverage and the seemingly only site that worked all the way through the press conferences, takes this cake. IGN has done a great job covering little-known games.

altdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By altdimension

I've been surprised at the lack of write-ups from the giant bomb team, however the podcasts and video coverage make up for it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

Giant Bomb obviously. The live blogs worked well, the news articles gave good info, the trailers were all here very quickly, the roundups provided a clear, concise way to find info, the bombcast has been routinely hilarious and on (and off) topic, and their "on the floor" videos have been great as well, full with familiar faces (GREG!) and hallucinatory dogs.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

The best E3 coverage I would say is GameSpot. They have live coverage for three of the four days. Then they archive the videos so that you can watch them after. I of course like the videos that GB makes better. But a 20 minute video (despite being awesome) still can't compare to five or more hours of game coverage. GB does not have the resources to do this yet, so it's understandable.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By samcotts
@AltDimension said:
" I've been surprised at the lack of write-ups from the giant bomb team, however the podcasts and video coverage make up for it. "
They're creating the articles when they get back from E3, apparently.

GameSpot has been pretty good, as always.
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cazamalos

gamespot & giantbomb

altdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By altdimension
@samcotts said:
"
@AltDimension said:
" I've been surprised at the lack of write-ups from the giant bomb team, however the podcasts and video coverage make up for it. "
They're creating the articles when they get back from E3, apparently.

GameSpot has been pretty good, as always.
"
Ah cool stuff. As for the Gamespot coverage, I do have to admit it has been excellent, I got all my conference stream plus I'm watching the Live show coverage too. Maybe someday Giant Bomb will be able to offer the similar stuff.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By nrain

Gamespots Live Demos are excellent i think they are the best for E3, despite the terrible res live E3 streams compared to Gametrailers.
Giant Bomb however has the personalitly and realises the most effiecient way to make a video game website.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

Gametrailers is good.  Giant Bomb got everything still, but took like a day later.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

I think Giant Bomb suffers from too few updates and Gamespot and IGN suffer from too much. I'm almost completely lost trying to sift through the mountain of content and updates constantly appearing on Gamespot and IGN. You have to put in a considerable amount of effort to find particular information on games you want to know about that arn't AAA titles. However, there is a ton of information once you get to it.

Giant Bomb has been great with the podcasts. I'm getting spoiled by two hour podcasts every night. However, they have had little more than Dave compiling trailers and summaries of press conferences on the site. All of the content is currently in the podcasts and that will be easily lost on people who just come to look at the front page.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Gamespot, but I hardly used web-sites this year. Just watched G4's coverage and was good enough for me.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teh_Eel

I really liked G4 coverage this year. Nice previews and interviews. Also good shows from E3. Quite disappointed by Giantbombs coverage not enough videos from the crew.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero

This year I think I've followed IGN more than any other site, though I watched 2 of the three press conferences on Gamespot. I'm gonna have to give it to IGN this time.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r

IGN got lots of good coverage and videos this year when it comes to the Wii. Other than that gametrailers. And NeoGAF, lol.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Alexander

Gamespot for their live content.

Giant Bomb for their not so live content.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By natetodamax

G4/Justin.TV. Gamespot's Live thing always craps out, and I can't watch IGN because I have to install their new shit. Besides, I always watch it on TV anyway.

I'd have to say Giant Bomb though, because, well, it's Giant Bomb.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Aaron_G

I used a variety of sites for E3 this year. Of course I used GiantBomb to keep up with E3. I also took a peep at GameSpot and G4's E3 websites. Also I get G4 on the television so I watched that. 

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I've only used Giantbomb this week. You know, its more then news, its getting entertainment value out of all this. E3 is super corporate in a lot of ways so the funny helps. No writer is more informed then the guys who built Giantbomb.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gizmo

IGN of course.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pibo47

Giantbomb.

Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Xelloss

G4tv.com and G4TV TV coverage was actually pretty good, mainly for the press conferences since it was add free and didn't freeze or interupt like IGN and Gamespot did on a couple of occasions. 

Gamespot probably had the best volume of content since their live show runs hour after hour pretty much all day.  IGN seem to be ontop of the articles and announcement, but their live stuff only last 5-10 mins then you have to wait 20-50 mins for the next segiment to start.  Giantbomb.com has good content, but yes we need more video of the guys in the convention, seems to be the most lack stuff, and its probbaly just due to staffing, and they need to check out everything.  But they win in the audio department.

One thing I wish all these sites would have is free chatrooms and clearly visible, seemed really disconnected accross all the sites other then G4tv since they used the justin.tv stuff.

JaxDaxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JaxDaxter
@Gizmo said:
" IGN of course. "
i'm afraid i just have to disagree with you. Though they do a lot of write-ups and videos, I find the website very slow and old fashioned, the same can be said with gametrailers in my view. Whilst sites such as joystiq and giantbomb, are extremely fast and easy to navigate. And the sheer amount of video content on gamespot is astounding.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Systech

This is my completely non-bias opinion: Giant Bomb.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By TomA

Gamespot or 1up, no offense to Giantbomb, i love theyre coverage, but for the sheer amount of stuff, and also live streams and game demos, i'm giving the prize to Gamespot, then 1up, then Giantbomb. But i love you guys

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By Willy105

Giantbomb has great quality coverage, but because they are small, they couldn't cover everything. IGN and G4tv did good work.

Go to all sites to see if you missed something.