Which weekly Giant Bomb podcast do you listen to?

• 118 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which weekly Giant Bomb podcast do you listen to? (1076 votes)

Bombcast 4%
Beastcast 15%
Both 81%
 • 
AdamALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AdamALC

I still enjoy both weekly for the most part because they are great to listen to while I work. If I am not interested in a topic I can just tune it out until something else comes along. I don't know if it is me getting older or just worrying about other things and not having as much patience but a lot of the look how dumb Dan can be stuff and the voice modulation gets skipped through on the East. A lot of the talk about player unknowns gets tuned out in general, that game just isn't for me, and the praise it gets for having one map when they have shit on similar games for having no content just rubs me the wrong way.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By shorap

@corpsemachine: I'm fine with topics I don't have interest in as they can be interesting. I failed in my initial post to indicate that it was hard for me to get through that because of the npr-like way in which the bombcast was discussing it. It was drier than a cracker. Which is fine, just not for me and that's ok.

Eurobum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Podcasting recommended specs.

• Charisma 5 - 9
  • Voice/Enunciation 6 - 10
  • Intelligence 5 - 8
  • Social Graces 8 - 10
  • Authenticity 7 - Kid Rock
  • Enthusiasm - appropriate
  • Frankness 4 - 8
  • Open-mindedness/curiosity 6 - 9
  • Not being a judgmental prick: recommended.

It sounds easier than it is, doesn't it?

emphulio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted both, but as I'm writing this I just closed bombcast after 2 min and decided to transition to one GB podcast per week. My problem , I just don't like Ben. I am not going to elaborate further as I don't want to fire up any distortion. So I'm just going to leave it at that.

ianmarkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am falling off a bit lately. This site helped me through a real hard year, and i am so so grateful, but i miss Drew, and Austin. I still tune in for the Bombcast every tuesday, but find that more and more Quick Looks fall through the cracks. Abby and Vinny together i think is a real treat though. Honestly i find myself hunting for old Whiskey Media videos lately. Thursday Night Throwdown Trackmania is a joy to behold. Guess i'm a bit late to the party though. West Coast really shines when there are guests to fill out the studio. I have the feeling Brad is getting frustrated with being interrupted all the time, but maybe i am over sensitive to that kind of stuff.

I really miss Danswers, that last one with Greg Miller was fantastic.

Trying to focus more on the forums side of the site lately, but sometimes it can feel like i sat at the wrong table at lunch :<

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My schedule makes Beastcast easier. I listen to podcasts at work, and I'm off when Bombcast goes up. By the time I get around to it, the news and "what did you do this weekend" is already old. I try to listen to both, but on weeks that I only have time for one (generally F1 race weekends where a few hours of my work time is spent on that), I find Beastcast more fun.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them. I listened to both before, and later only Beastcast.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So far I've listened to every Bomb and Beastcast, but I kind of wish Jeff would move to NY, so I can safely ditch the Bombcast. No offence to Brad (not a huge fan of Ben's sense of humor), but I only listen to Bombcasts for the Big Jeff.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to listen to both as soon as they went up but now I just stick mostly to the beastcast. Have kinda stopped watching and listening to most GBWest content, which is a bummer. Its gotten pretty meh.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love all GB content, but I think I go through phases of what I'm digging more. Like a lot of people, I have been way into what GBEast has been putting out. They've got a great crew over there and the energy is just fantastic. But I think GBeast is kind of pulling away from what I have always loved about Giant Bomb, which is an irreverent look at video games through the eyes of industry professionals. The site was silly, but Jeff, Brad and Ryan could talk fucking video games in a very intelligent way that was always a treat to listen to/watch. GBEast is almost TOO irreverent sometimes. It's a comedy show with video games as a framing device. It's a great comedy show though. Sometimes I just want to hear Jeff tell some crazy ass story about video game history.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly Bombcast. Unfortunately both podcasts covers games and topics I care very little but at least last in episode there was (very) little talking about Wing Commander.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both. The Bombcast usually gets me through my commute over the course of Wednesday and Thursday. The Beastcast gets me through Friday and Monday (Tuesday as well if it's a long one).

I think the only episodes I might have missed are an occasional E3 one.

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beastcast only. I've fallen off the Bombcast train hard in the last year.

In its heyday, the Bombcast always had an energy/enthusiasm guy. Ryan, Vinny, Dan, any combination of these dudes brought the humor along with the knowledge. Nowadays laughs are few and far between.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They are both such different shows now, but I still listen to both, bombcast for more the informative take and beastcast for the more off the wall craziness

Video content though, it's been more team beast lately, the team is just tighter and more lively over there and that really comes through in the best parts of beast in the east and steal my sunshine

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, but I keep finding myself skipping past huge parts of the Bombcast, or just shutting it off in the middle. They just do not talk about things that interest/entertain me anymore, especially during the quiet periods like now.

PixelSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to both, Bombcast the night of release while playing Destiny, and Beastcast the morning of release while playing Destiny.

moregrammarplz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to the Beastcast for the content, and I use the Bombcast as ambient noise for falling asleep.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I eventually listen to all episodes of both (+8-4) but I tend to get behind 3 or 4 weeks and then binge on both shows during long drives, runs or grindy game sessions. I also listen while watching baseball on TV.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NTM

Neither really, actually. I mean, I might sometimes if there's a game I want to hear talked about, but it's not often that I listen to the podcasts. As for which one I listen to more when I do, the Bombcast, but I don't remember the last time I listened to an entire episode. I think it's great that they are doing it in video form now though. I like the staff here, otherwise, I wouldn't have made a profile and started visiting Giantbomb when it started, but I kind of just want to hear about the games I'm interested in, so I don't spend much time listening to or watching their stuff.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By MOAB

@bocckob said:

None of the above.

Yeah, I was never a podcast guy. I'll listen to some of the game of the year stuff, but that's it.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used to be both but fell off on Beastcast recently and have not listened for a couple months. Not 100% sure why.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm back to listening to both. Gave the Beastcast a break because I didn't have time to listen to both but now I just try to listen to both of the most recent episodes from each coast.

SergeantSmug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By SergeantSmug

I like to listen to both but the Bombcast comes out during a weird time in the week for me. Friday mornings are perfect though. Also if I'm honest with myself wherever Dan goes, I go.

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I listen to both on my days off whilst I do my chores