• 52 results
Zenoside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zenoside

I sat here watching Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, and the others entertain me through my work day. Then I headed off to school, came back and they were still there playing Golden Eye and to my surprise continuing to play more Kinect games so we could watch and get a good idea to about how well they work. 

Then Ryan said something that kinda struck me, something to the effect of "We've been streaming for ten hours straight." So not counting the hours they were in the office doing normal day-to-day stuff the Whiskey staff has been there playing these games for well over a normal work day for most people. And before someone says 'oh noes! How terrible! They are playing video games for hours on end!', many people would have been fed up with the whole deal hours and hours ago. This is just a testament to how much these guy have a passion for the games, and for us the fans.

I just wanted to say that I'm glad I paid for the subscription and thanks Whiskey Media Staff for giving me hours upon hours of entertainment.

Tatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Tatum

I love this post. As the business guy there, I can only tell you how much they really do care- and how much effort they put into the content. They really do take on the responsibility of earning your money and time- and making sure you don't waste your money on bad games. Anyway, thank you for recognizing that. Glad you enjoyed it.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DerekDanahy

I was thinking the same thing. Whiskey Media is really busting their balls to deliver content.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew
@tatum said:
" and making sure you don't waste your money on bad games. "
Oops. But someone has to write pages about those games, right? Right? No?
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By turboman

yeah, watching the second batch of games was rough.... They went through and recorded entire quick looks of stuff where I would have just been like "Fuck this, next game" 

Quick Looks of bad games must be fun to record... but doing five-six terrible games in a row must be exhausting.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Brians

I appreciate the clear dedication of whiskey media and enjoy subscribing to a worthy website.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Red12b

Good stuff Whiskey! Big ups, much love.

Cheers Tatum, Whens the Aussie tour? haha

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By tourgen

I'd rather watch GB than most network TV these days.  The GB guys are doing some amazing work.  I'm starting to get into the Screened site too.  They cover some really amazing stuff, and it's usually a movie I've never heard of but ended up loving.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By B0nd07
@TurboMan: To be fair, towards the end, they didn't really give everything a fair chance ( Motion Sports for example).  But I can't blame them; they had a long day.

And I proudly show my appreciation with this gold medal.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Barrock

Yeah I've noticed an influx of quick looks and now we're getting hours and hours of live streams. I'd pay twice for my subscription. 

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By turboman
@B0nd07: just the quality in animation and commentary in motion sports alone let you know that this was a rushed thing 

I thought The Biggest Loser looked decent 
that fighting game was garbage 
the dance game at the end looked halariously rediculous
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By gla55jAw

Are the Kinect quick looks that have been added recently part of the all day stream? I didn't get to see any of it and would like to in video form.

FormulaDeuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FormulaDeuce

This is my favorite site on the internet, and It's stuff like today's all day live event that keeps my coming back constantly. Everyone who works for Whiskey Media is dedicated to what they do and it's great to see what they can show us without some dudes in suits filtering their work to meet a more "mass market appeal". Even thou I don't enjoy everything they do across the board, I still appreciate all that they do and I hope they keep it up for years to come.

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Jayzz

<3 whiskey media. now just get me my shirt...

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By rjayb89

I'll make an alternate account so I can have two full-year memberships!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't want to look like I'm jumping on the Whiskey-appreciation bandwagon here but I love this site and always have, there's a reason why this is my favourite site on the internet, why I always try to contribute, and why I enjoy the content that the Giant Bomb crew and indeed the whole Whiskey crew put out so much. I have heard the staff accused of not doing enough work, but while they always manage to take a laid back attitude to what they do and never take themselves too seriously, this is a team of five or six people providing quality content, week after week, for our enjoyment, and that takes effort. If anything the fact that they are simultaneously so laid back and so professional about what they do is a sign of how good these guys are at their job. Whiskey Media consistently amaze me with the quality of the stuff they put out and the manner they do it in, I'll take any opportunity to thank them for all their hard work.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aronman789

I really need to subscribe

Zenoside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zenoside
@Aronman789: I would encourage you to do so. If not for all the quality content, then for the 100% combed cotton supremely comfy and well-fitting shirt that comes along with it. Did I mention it was fashionable too? I wear it out on the days I feel that I deserve a little pizazz, and the ladies just flock to my presence. Truly a fine example of a t-shirt.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By buzz_clik
@rjayb89 said:
" I'll make an alternate account so I can have two full-year memberships! "
You are devoted. And by "devoted" I mean "banned."
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PillClinton

Whiskey Media is one of the best media companies in the world, as far as I'm concerned.  You guys just never fail to deliver top-notch (and hysterically absurd) content!  Consider me committed to a second year of membership!

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By norsedudetr

Co- sign this thread! These dudes consistently crack me up, and keep my tv turned off a lot of the time with all the video content. Let's hear it for them!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rjayb89
@buzz_clik said:
" @rjayb89 said:
" I'll make an alternate account so I can have two full-year memberships! "
You are devoted. And by "devoted" I mean "banned." "
My love for Whiskey Media is like a truck!
takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By takua108

By my rough calculations, I spent roughly 4% of my first year as a Giant Bomb member watching videos and listening to the Bombcast.

Whiskey Media FTW.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zeforgotten

I half expected some Wind Waker image of that annoying Shop Keeper who gives you the gift of appreciation ...  
But that's just how I am, every time someone mentions the word I think of that guy and how I wanted to kill him....  
Even if someone says they appreciate me or what I've done for them I'll think to myself "At least give me a real gift or money or something, your words mean nothing"

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By karatetron
@B0nd07
@TurboMan: To be fair, towards the end, they didn't really give everything a fair chance ( Motion Sports for example).  But I can't blame them; they had a long day.

RIDER MEET HORSE, HORSE MEET RIDER.
HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HaroldoNVU
@Aronman789 said:
" I really need to subscribe "
nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By nickux

I felt the exact same way yesterday. Honestly, the kind of coverage they do- especially live stuff, is unparalleled. Yesterday's Kinect show followed by TNT, followed by more Kinect, then the personal live-stream drive home, it's all just shows incredible dedication. I tweeted this to Whiskey Media yesterday and I was glad they re-tweeted it. I meant it too-- the content lately has just been above and beyond. Added to that, I just recently finished the old Persona 4 ER. So much amazing stuff. 

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sjosz

Whiskey Media consists of Top Men (and Top Women). My money has spoken for the support of the crazy shenanigans we get.

Shakermaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shakermaker
@B0nd07 said:
"  I proudly show my appreciation with this gold medal. "

Same here. Just a couple of minutes ago I switched from a free account to a yearly sub because I had such a good time watching the Kinect-a-thon. 
BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Yes kudos to the whole crew.
anterline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By anterline
Yeah, the team is pretty devoted to their work and that's one of the main reasons why I subscribed.  I had a few problems with the billing though, had to make a new account because of it.. but worth it.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32  Edited By the8bitNacho

Whiskey Media is so excellent simply due to the fact that they're so different from every other media outlet out there, whether you're browsing Giant Bomb, Screened, Tested, Anime Vice, or Comic Vine. They focus far more on personalities that their users have so readily identified with. They embrace the fact that with their relatively small team they've sort of called themselves out into the spotlight. They're e-celebrities at this point.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gaff
@B0nd07

*cough* silver medals support WM more than gold medals on a yearly basis... ;P
shadowthrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shadowthrone

The Whiskey Media sites are great all around but Giant Bomb delivers an unprecedented amount of live coverage of games. Dedication clearly shows. Jeff at the end of the night looked completely exhausted but he persevered through 2 more terrible games afterwards! It's nuts. They fill my subscription of hilarity on a daily basis. Thanks WM crew!

Chumm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Chumm
@gla55jAw: @gla55jAw said:
" Are the Kinect quick looks that have been added recently part of the all day stream? I didn't get to see any of it and would like to in video form. "
Yeah, so they're not as self contained as others but pretty much cover the whole day's content. 

Proud subscriber, as previously mentioned whiskey content is far better than anything on television lately. I'd be interested in a music focused site, though they'd need a pretty diverse (and therefore large) crew in order to do it justice. 
gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#36  Edited By gla55jAw
@Chumm said:
" @gla55jAw: @gla55jAw said:
" Are the Kinect quick looks that have been added recently part of the all day stream? I didn't get to see any of it and would like to in video form. "
Yeah, so they're not as self contained as others but pretty much cover the whole day's content.  Proud subscriber, as previously mentioned whiskey content is far better than anything on television lately. I'd be interested in a music focused site, though they'd need a pretty diverse (and therefore large) crew in order to do it justice.  "
Thank you for answering me!
astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By astrozombie

GiantBomb is my favorite website of all time. I have spent countless hours watching all the awesome videos the crew throws up. You guys rule! \m/ \m/
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Afroman269

I love this site, their unique way of covering games beats everything else out there.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By B0nd07
@Gaff said:
" *cough* silver medals support WM more than gold medals on a yearly basis... ;P "
Only if you pay every single month for 12 months (gold is locked in).  But yes, theoretically, a silver could potentially support WM $10 more.  My hat's off to whomever continues to pay monthly for the full year.  However, supporting and appreciating are two different things, and you can't put a number on the later.  I will not deny that a free member may appreciate what they do more than a paying one.
Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love you Whiskey Media!!! *Hugs*

Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bunnyman

I never thought I'd send money to a bunch of basement lurking nerds who put stuff on the internet.  
But it felt like the right thing to do, and it still does. Love these sites. Keep rockin'.  

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By metalmoog

Plus this website is mindblowingly awesome. Whoever designed it is god.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gaff
@B0nd07 I'm personally betting that my terrible memory will completely forget about the couple of euros that disappear off my credit card. Either I'll express my appreciation through the awesome mobile site (making the app obsolete though) or through sheer negligence: everybody wins in both cases!

I'll get back to you in a year then, I guess. Or maybe not!
Zenoside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Zenoside

I'm glad to see so much support, I'm sure it makes the guys feel good....in the pants.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Djeffers03

If Whiskey Media was a vagina I would insert something into it.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I totally dig the Whiskey Media family. Funny thing is when I started visiting Giantbomb, I actually didn't like it. I would kind of listen to the podcast and rarely visit the site. But then I think I got tired of reading game reviews via metacritic and gamerankings. I started watching quicklooks, and listening to the bombcast, and now it's the first place I visit everyday. So kudos to whiskey media for slowly changing me into a loyal follower!

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47  Edited By thatfrood

fuck yeah!

Robinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Robinson

Thank you Whiskey Media!!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#49  Edited By Claude

Whiskey Media is my pimp and I its whore.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By Bigheart711

Thank you for making the internet more fun than ever, Whiskey Media! <3