Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Edited By Verdugo

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE LAYOUT.

I understand that the good folks that run Giant Bomb wanted to try out a new layout, but with all due respect... it just REALLY SUCKS.

But I'll give it a chance, maybe I'll grow onto it. But for now, I'm really not digging this layout. Just feels wrong.

-Verdugo
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Verdugo

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE LAYOUT.

I understand that the good folks that run Giant Bomb wanted to try out a new layout, but with all due respect... it just REALLY SUCKS.

But I'll give it a chance, maybe I'll grow onto it. But for now, I'm really not digging this layout. Just feels wrong.

-Verdugo
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

I am finding it harder to read for some reason.  It isn't a deal breaker though.  It seems crisper and more professional, just harder to read.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

I can understand not everyone will like the new site design and layout. But I think it would be better if you perhaps provided some more constructive criticism on what aspects of the new design you dislike instead of just saying it sucks.

How can the Staff improve on it if no one provides some detailed feedback? ;)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldschool

I just figured out what was making it harder to read.  It is the grey writing under the thread title (the forum name).  It is nigh on impossible to read for my eyes (perfect 20/20 vision, no glasses).  Still not a deal breaker.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Verdugo

I'm terribly sorry for going off like that without any  feedback. I'll point out somethings:

• I personally enjoyed the absence of clutter in the last layout, maybe it's just me, but it looks too busy.
    • The site feels less unique in terms of appearance, like it is borrowing looks of other sites and cramming it in here along with it's own look.
    • The color scheme is odd, I don't much like the yellow.
    • Having my friends blogs in the side tab was a nifty feature, but it's only the home page but I'll probably work myself into that.
    • Text is a little harder to read (as Oldschool pointed out).
    • Status indicator isn't clear, as in I don't know if I changed my status or what it is etc.

Overall, it looks more professional in appearance and more like a gaming site, but at the moment I honestly prefer the old design over this one. Like I said, I'll give it a chance, but I'm just not too thrilled about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

yeah i don't like it much either.
scratch that, i don't like it at all. .

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I love it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

I don't mind the changes, but I agree the text is harder to read.  The gray lettering against the black background is the worst of these changes.  One blends into the other so much so that unless I am actively searching for the script, I won't notice it's there.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
PenguinDust said:
"I don't mind the changes, but I agree the text is harder to read.  The gray lettering against the black background is the worst of these changes.  One blends into the other so much so that unless I am actively searching for the script, I won't notice it's there.
"
Exactly what I mean.  I have to actively refocus my sight to read it otherwise I barely see it at all.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By skrutop

I'm having a hard time navigating the site, too.  I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but I think this is a step backwards.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew

Most of those things are known issues that will be tweaked. In fact, friend content is now visible on the profile again.

WasteBasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By WasteBasket

Honestly the best way to commit suicide via gun (Specifically a pistol) is to stick it into your mouth so the barrel is touching the roof of your mouth, count to three. If you have something to live for 3 seconds will give you enough time to realize it. After three seconds apply pressure, if you are not dead that means the gun is not loaded or you are a invincible and should save the people across the globe.

I do not condone suicide and if this post has caused someone to kill themselves I will feel bad. 

I also find little to no problem with the changes unless it's whats causing the videos to load slower on my computer.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Timma1083

I don't hate it, I'm just having a lot of trouble navigating the site. Oh well, maybe I'll get used to it over time...