• 82 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kaos_cracker

just because they have been hacked doesnt mean you should never go back to it. just because some guy who was bored in his lonely apartment decided to hack psn doesnt mean you shouldnt use it again. its a great service and it most likely wouldnt happen again, at least to this extent. plus you get a month of ps plus. you get free stuff yet yall dont wanna have it? and just to be safe, take your credit card off after you use it

dont boycott something for no good reason at all.
evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By evildeadron

simple actually, people are scared and well....Yoda said it best

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By yetiantics

I plan to use my PSN as soon as it comes back.

not gonna lie, people freaking out do actually bother me in a way. 
It means they got nothing better to do with their time than to be on the internet and whine on message boards.

Yes, i am one of the ones whose CC's were left on PSN's server, but do you see me flipping the fuck out? ...give me a break.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

The same reason why you're disowning the caps lock?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10

I plan on buying something the day it comes goes live again. I love Sony too much to go away from PSN.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By craigbo180
@Axxol said:
" The same reason why you're disowning the caps lock? "
It could have been worse, at least it wasn't all caps.
Towers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Towers

Yeah, one of my buddies traded in his XBOX for a PS3 today.

He knows all about the breach and it quite tech savvy and isn't bothered at all by this.

Now he just has to wait for the PSN to come back lol.
Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quacktastic

I wouldn't question someone not wanting to ever put a cc into PSN again.  It's a blow to peoples trust.

I'll use it like I normally did, but it's a big deal to a lot of people.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By nickux

I wouldn't say I'm all-out disowning it but I'm definitely not entrusting them with my credit card number ever again. 

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

Right now is a good time to buy some stock in Sony.  Assuming their value goes up after this debacle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm disappointed by how they handled the entire situation. In my eyes, they were more worried about how they looked as a company instead of their own user base's security. I could go on and on about them not being prepared for an attack after they poked the hornet's nest, or how they seemingly waited to tell us our credit cards might have been at risk, or the numerous other missteps in this whole situation, but I won't.

I only used the PSN for one thing - buying content. After this debacle with Sony, I'm making my point to them the only way possible - by not buying their products. Therefore, I never need the PSN again.

Were it any other company and they handled the situation that poorly, I would do the same with them.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kaos_cracker
@CaLe said:
" How do you know it was some guy who was 'bored' in his 'lonely' apartment? Who are you, Mr. Knowitall? "
who else would do it. some professional? they only got 900 credit card numbers. gotta be some dumb guy
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@craigbo180 said:
" @Axxol said:
It could have been worse, at least it wasn't all caps. "
ALL-CAPS PEOPLE GRIND MY GEARS GGGRRRAAAWWRRRR
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Sooperspy
@kaos_cracker said:
" @CaLe said:
" How do you know it was some guy who was 'bored' in his 'lonely' apartment? Who are you, Mr. Knowitall? "
who else would do it. some professional? they only got 900 credit card numbers. gotta be some dumb guy "
Where did you get that information?
babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By babblinmule
@craigbo180 said:
" @Axxol said:
It could have been worse, at least it wasn't all caps. "
Or he could have been that mentally challenged guy who for some reason makes every other word all caps.
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kaos_cracker
@Redbullet685: i remember reading it on this site, maybe a day or two ago

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By EVO
@animathias said:
" I only used the PSN for one thing - buying content. After this debacle with Sony, I'm making my point to them the only way possible - by not buying their products. Therefore, I never need the PSN again. "
So even if an amazing game comes out exclusively on PSN, you'll devoid yourself of playing it simply because Sony didn't handle it well? Dude, your credit card info is safe. Get over it.
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By PerryVandell

Because many people out there are impulsive and do irrational things. It's a part of what makes us human.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By EuanDewar
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JB16
@kaos_cracker said:
" @CaLe said:
who else would do it. some professional? they only got 900 credit card numbers. gotta be some dumb guy "
900 cc numbers is thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars they currently have access to.
andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By andriv
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kaos_cracker
@JB16: im sure they would've told these specific people that they have the info and that its a good idea to cancel those cards
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho

Because when you're a big boy, OP, you'll have a job and you'll keep your money in an account and you'll want to keep that money safe. Sony clearly can't be trusted to do that.

Grayfox34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Grayfox34

How can you own or disown that which does not exist? There is no PSN. It's not like people are mad at PSN itself, or its content. They are mad simply based on the fact that it doesn't work.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kaos_cracker
@ryanwho:
wait, Sony, can't be trusted to do that? they have a decent security. but since somebody found a way to get through it, Sony is the ones who cant be trusted. nope, my friend. if a banks security or something was hacked, who wouldn't be trustworthy, the bank, or the hacker. Sony has a trustworthy system. its the people who abuse these things. also why they got rid of Linux, abusive people and hackers
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I can't imagine the punishment if they find this hacker(s). 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EVO said:
" @animathias said:
" I only used the PSN for one thing - buying content. After this debacle with Sony, I'm making my point to them the only way possible - by not buying their products. Therefore, I never need the PSN again. "
So even if an amazing game comes out exclusively on PSN, you'll devoid yourself of playing it simply because Sony didn't handle it well? Dude, your credit card info is safe. Get over it. "
If it's on the network, yeah. If it's a physical copy I'll buy it used. There are a lot of amazing games that come out on the Wii that I don't play because I don't own a Wii, I think I can handle not being able to play one or two amazing PSN exclusive games. I don't think Sony deserves my money, so I'm not going to give it to them.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By crusader8463

Because they are alarmists.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By KarlPilkington
@kaos_cracker said:
" @ryanwho: wait, Sony, can't be trusted to do that? they have a decent security. but since somebody found a way to get through it, Sony is the ones who cant be trusted. nope, my friend. if a banks security or something was hacked, who wouldn't be trustworthy, the bank, or the hacker. Sony has a trustworthy system. its the people who abuse these things. also why they got rid of Linux, abusive people and hackers "
I like how you use capital letters for Sony and Linux, yet completely refuse to use them elsewhere.
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kaos_cracker
@animathias: its not the fact if they deserve the money or anything, if you see a game that looks interesting, you may buy it. you dont think and go, "wait, this is psn, i wont buy this."
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kaos_cracker
@Chabbs0: where else do they need to go? i just happen to do that because of the stupid red line under it saying, no, needs to be capitalized.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#33  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Honestly I don't think there's anything people should or shouldn't do in this situation. I advise people to really think about their decision before declaring that they are leaving PSN, but if people really want too they have every right to leave the service.

conatser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By conatser

Its ok!  Everyone just give ME your credit card info and I'll keep it safe

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By august
@kaos_cracker said:
" @ryanwho: wait, Sony, can't be trusted to do that? they have a decent security. but since somebody found a way to get through it, Sony is the ones who cant be trusted. nope, my friend. if a banks security or something was hacked, who wouldn't be trustworthy, the bank, or the hacker. Sony has a trustworthy system. its the people who abuse these things. also why they got rid of Linux, abusive people and hackers "
Tell me all about security and hackers.
MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MannyMAR

Hell, to be honest I'm probably going to use PSN more now considering that their security has probably been beefed up from all this craziness. I use XBL as well, and I have no clue as to what security measures they have in place to make myself feel more comfortable using their service over Sony's. I'll say this though I wouldn't mind having to punch in my CC info every time I wanted to purchase something as long as it meant not having that data stored anywhere to begin with.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Enigma777
@nickux said:
" I wouldn't say I'm all-out disowning it but I'm definitely not entrusting them with my credit card number ever again.  "
Why? Their security will be tighter than ever after this. 
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By l4wd0g
@kaos_cracker: Once bitten, twice shy.

They need to earn our trust back and giving us a month of free PSN+ membership isn't the way to do it.
ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By ObiKwiet

They knew credit card information was stolen from their customers and waited a week to say anything. If you don't understand that is a problem, don't get a credit card because you shouldn't have one.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kaos_cracker

i have psn(ps plus) xbox live(now silver) and with the whole interface and getting things, i prefer to use psn because i find it easy to find things, usually, and they are late with some demos but i dont mind. just because of a hack on them, dont mean i need to get trust back with them. i never lost their trust. the free month of ps plus is just them saying, sorry it took so long to get it back up, enjoy these free games and a taste of what you get with ps plus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaos_cracker:

I'll think that now. I always buy games new simply to support the developer, so I'm always thinking of where my money is going. If a PS3 game comes out on disc that I'm interested in, I'll buy it used so Sony doesn't get a cut of the profits - the same if I happen to want any of their upcoming hardware. If a game comes out on the PSN, I'll wait for it to show up on XBLA or PC, or simply not play it.

I think it has everything to do with Sony not deserving my money.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Most people aren't. 

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kaos_cracker
@animathias: but if you support the developer when you buy a game, not buying it at all wont really be supporting it then. No company deserves money, true, but in Sony's case, they house the chance for developers to sell their games on their console. But i also rarely by psn or xbox live arcade games anyways. i dont think i got one since limbo, but i honestly dont care who gets the money, buying used specifically so that Sony wont get money is dumb. ill buy used only to save a couple of bucks. i normally buy a game new.
Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
@EVO said:
" @animathias said:
So even if an amazing game comes out exclusively on PSN, you'll devoid yourself of playing it simply because Sony didn't handle it well? Dude, your credit card info is safe. Get over it. "

Pretty much this, people seem to have gotten the worse idea possible for what happened with the sony hack.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@kaos_cracker: you have to put capital letters at the end of sentenceS. proper grammar and all that good stufF.
Punk1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Punk1984
@Towers said:
" Yeah, one of my buddies traded in his XBOX for a PS3 today.

He knows all about the breach and it quite tech savvy and isn't bothered at all by this.

Now he just has to wait for the PSN to come back lol.
"
Ditto, dude really wanted to play Uncharted.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By iamjohn
@Enigma777 said:
" @nickux said:
" I wouldn't say I'm all-out disowning it but I'm definitely not entrusting them with my credit card number ever again.  "
Why? Their security will be tighter than ever after this.  "
Because the simple fact is, even if every other company has a security system with just as many loopholes as PSN has had, they didn't let my personal info and maybe my debit card get stolen by hackers.  Sony did.  Why should I have faith that the people who said they would keep my info safe and then didn't will make good on their promise this time?  This isn't that difficult a concept.
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By beforet
@conatser said:
" Its ok!  Everyone just give ME your credit card info and I'll keep it safe

"
Bros, I think this guy's legit!
npeterson08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By npeterson08
@Axxol said:
Always disown the caps lock. Embrace the shift key.
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Enigma777
@iAmJohn said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" @nickux said:
Why? Their security will be tighter than ever after this.  "
Because the simple fact is, even if every other company has a security system with just as many loopholes as PSN has had, they didn't let my personal info and maybe my debit card get stolen by hackers.  Sony did.  Why should I have faith that the people who said they would keep my info safe and then didn't will make good on their promise this time?  This isn't that difficult a concept. "
No I understand your point. It's just that now it will probably be one of the more secure places on the internet for your CC stuff. plus you know what people say "Lighting never strikes the same place twice."