Why are there ads in the Premium Podcast feeds

baltimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I'm a premium member paid up until 2025. In all the below apps on iOS ads are playing in the premium feeds (Bombcast and Game Mess Mornings):

• Apple Podcasts
  • Downcast
  • Pocketcasts
  • iCatcher

I've been using Overcast but it no longer accepts my username and password for any Giantbomb feeds.

Tested premium feeds in each one of the apps on macOS and Windows. Same thing. Ads a plenty. Even tested the premium feeds on Fedora Linux in gPodder. Same behavior.

What am I doing wrong? I'm paying to not have ads but that doesn't seem to help. And this has been going on for months now.

If the ads are going to be a constant going forward then what is my subscription even for?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

This is an issue to ping @dtoast for. I'm not sure they have an update, but sending them this information with all of this data is incredibly helpful.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 dtoast  Staff

Thanks for the ping. I'll check out your account and ping it to the engineers if needed. I'll post in this thread what ends up happening.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 dtoast  Staff

@baltimore Your permissions are fine. The engineering manager made a P2 ticket, meaning it'll get looked at right away. If you reach out via the support desk(https://giantbombhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) which is admittedly a little behind because of the holidays I can also get a more formal resolution in place for you.