Why COD and R3 both annoy the hell out of me.

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Evercaptor

Please bear in mind that I do not think of these games as "bad". both games are factually brilliant at being interactove media and well designed out the ass, but i'm sick of them. This sentiment actually goes a lot further than  just COD and R3, because it's what they inspire that I dislike; I'm a pretty damn good consumer. I buy most games at or damn close to release, complete them and maybe do a little achievement mop up and then BAM I'm finished with it and it sits on my shelf for when I want to play it again or lend it to friends or whatever.
What I dislike is the kind of single-mindedness that the games produce in the entirety of my friends lists. Every night at least 75% of my friendslist is playing through private games of one or the other. Sure, I agree, the games are super fun and I join in with the games for so long as I can stand it, but dude! there's a limit to the amount of content that's actually in the game, do we really have to play Rust again? isn't Fort Mercer kinda boring?  Can't we, you know, play some Left 4 Dead or Crackdown 2 Demo? No? awwwh...
I've never been one who enjoys a grind. it's the reason I only periodically play Forza 3, it's the reason I never S-Ranked Just Cause 2, It's why I think so poorly of FF13. Games have to be fun to keep my attention and Co-op is where the fun really is nowadays, whether that's because of a meta game, like homebrew VIP or Left 2 Die (alternatively, Realisticly Left 2 Die Too) or just because it's balls out wacky, I'm annoyed that it's being ruined by admittedly fun games with stupid-ass grinding. 

Edit: It appears I can't spell and made Red Dead R3. Dunno how that works, but It's staying. GOTTA COMMIT!

InB4 haters, yes, this is petulant bawling/ranting.
Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Evercaptor

Please bear in mind that I do not think of these games as "bad". both games are factually brilliant at being interactove media and well designed out the ass, but i'm sick of them. This sentiment actually goes a lot further than  just COD and R3, because it's what they inspire that I dislike; I'm a pretty damn good consumer. I buy most games at or damn close to release, complete them and maybe do a little achievement mop up and then BAM I'm finished with it and it sits on my shelf for when I want to play it again or lend it to friends or whatever.
What I dislike is the kind of single-mindedness that the games produce in the entirety of my friends lists. Every night at least 75% of my friendslist is playing through private games of one or the other. Sure, I agree, the games are super fun and I join in with the games for so long as I can stand it, but dude! there's a limit to the amount of content that's actually in the game, do we really have to play Rust again? isn't Fort Mercer kinda boring?  Can't we, you know, play some Left 4 Dead or Crackdown 2 Demo? No? awwwh...
I've never been one who enjoys a grind. it's the reason I only periodically play Forza 3, it's the reason I never S-Ranked Just Cause 2, It's why I think so poorly of FF13. Games have to be fun to keep my attention and Co-op is where the fun really is nowadays, whether that's because of a meta game, like homebrew VIP or Left 2 Die (alternatively, Realisticly Left 2 Die Too) or just because it's balls out wacky, I'm annoyed that it's being ruined by admittedly fun games with stupid-ass grinding. 

Edit: It appears I can't spell and made Red Dead R3. Dunno how that works, but It's staying. GOTTA COMMIT!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

You seem to get annoy 
 lots of your X360 friends have hot babe avy ? 

On-topic, i agree, thats mainly why i bought a PS3 and not a X360... x360 games are the same fucking shooters that DUDES wont get enough of 

Edit: Why the hell do u call rdr "R3" ?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

How is "R3" short for Red Dead Redemption? There's only two R's, and it's the second Red Dead game. Wouldn't something like RDR be better? 

Edit: @Ahmad_Metallic yeah, I don't know how he came up with "R3" either.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Jazz

Damn it old Jackie Chan person.... 
Here i thought he was a time traveller and was bitching about Resistance 3. 
I must go look for Time Travellers elsewhere...sigh. 

edit: OT I actually love grindy games. So...meh.

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Evercaptor
@Ahmad_Metallic:@MooseyMcMan: 
Yep I did it wrong. ah well. it stays XD
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Marcsman

Now I know why it is called the shooterbox. Thanks man
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By davidwitten22

Yeah I hate good games too. I hate when people like to play the games they like. Fucking assholes. I hate them so much. It's all CODs fault for making my friends play them. It's all R3s fault for being really awesome. Fuck those games! I wish they had never been made. Waaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" You seem to get annoy  lots of your X360 friends have hot babe avy ?   On-topic, i agree, thats mainly why i bought a PS3 and not a X360... x360 games are the same fucking shooters that DUDES wont get enough of  Edit: Why the hell do u call rdr "R3" ? "

Not to piss in the PS3 parade, but despite some first party games, like Heavy Rain (launched) and Twisted Metal Black (yet to launch), the diversity is pretty much the same. Isn't Resistance, Killzone, Borderlands and Bioshock in the PS3? 

Although i agree, and that's the reason i can't justify the purchase of another console. Buying a PS3 or a Wii, would only make me desire 5 or 6 games in each platform.