Why Does Neogaf Want These New Systems To Fail

• 60 results
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

My favorite source of NeoGAF information comes from this twitter feed. I have no problem with the forum itself, other than the part where it's somehow considered important by the gaming industry for no other reason than its size and supposed exclusivity.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Because PC MASTER RACE

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Because on the internet dissing and hating something for no real reason is cool.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why is it that on Neogaf that every poster seems to want these new consoles to fail and that mobile is going to take over.

god if everything went mobile I would quit games.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

please don't refer to NeoGaf as one mind..

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you're saying, you need these systems to succeed. Because I couldn't care less about the AAA games published over the last couple of years.

On topic: there is no one "gaf". Plenty of users with different opinions as in any other forum.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By McGhee

@chrissedoff said:

@pie: Their moderation is more strict than most forums (though not strict enough to prevent it from becoming a shitshow of hostile pricks, "fanboys", and unfunny idiots surfing an ocean of pointless GIFs). They've added a minor roadblock to GAF membership in the form of banning sign-ups from gmail and hotmail addresses. The (erroneous) impression that GAF users have gotten that these policies keep out kids and other riff raff coupled with the inexplicable fact that a lot of industry insiders lurk on GAF has deluded the userbase into believing the site to be a conspicuously mature, intelligent and rational community for discussing video games. The truth, however, is that they're only slightly more mature--and many times more obnoxious--than the people who frequent forums at places like gametrailers.

No Caption Provided

Such self-importance over a video game forum. Hilarious.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@chrissedoff said:

@pie: Their moderation is more strict than most forums (though not strict enough to prevent it from becoming a shitshow of hostile pricks, "fanboys", and unfunny idiots surfing an ocean of pointless GIFs). They've added a minor roadblock to GAF membership in the form of banning sign-ups from gmail and hotmail addresses. The (erroneous) impression that GAF users have gotten that these policies keep out kids and other riff raff coupled with the inexplicable fact that a lot of industry insiders lurk on GAF has deluded the userbase into believing the site to be a conspicuously mature, intelligent and rational community for discussing video games. The truth, however, is that they're only slightly more mature--and many times more obnoxious--than the people who frequent forums at places like gametrailers.

No Caption Provided

Such self-importance over a video game forum. Hilarious.

While I know this doesn't represent the whole forum, I still find it appalling that there's more than one person that thinks "They don't like us because there jealous"

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By egg

Neogaf requires non-free emails maybe that has something to do with it.

Social sciences and all.

Say, does signing up for a phone give you an email? If so then that would almost certainly explain things.

No Caption Provided

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zeforgotten said:

It's NeoGaf.

There's a bigger chance you'll find Jesus or a virgin or a leprechaun than finding positivity on NeoGaf :P

I'd wager that there are plenty of virgins on GAF xD

True xD

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Because some men just want to watch the world burn.