Why I liked Prince of Persia.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Edited By turboman

Now, I've never played a Prince of Persia game. I played through small chunks of sands of time, but that was it, I just never got into it. So I realize that I should go ahead and rent the new Prince of Persia, because I'm kind of interested of what the journalist has described the game, which is a platformer that focuses more on level design and platforming then the number of enemy encounters they can through at you on screen. I thought to myself "My God, I haven't seen a game like that in years(I don't own a Wii because I'm smarter then that, even though I really wanted Mario).

So I pop in the game, and now that I've finished, I believe that Prince of Persia might have been my second favorite game last year, second to GTA IV. Sure, MGS4 is amazing and much more grand, but I believe I had a better time with Prince of Persia. What's the secret of the game? Easy. YOU CAN'T DIE.

Now I know most people are going to thing "Wha?! OMG, N00B"... but I don't care, these days in games, unless it's online competitions, I just enjoy my games more on the easy difficulty. I don't know how it started, but I used to enjoy hard mode(I played DMC3 on Dante Must Die mode), but recently, I only play through games story mode for the story, and I like it when it unfolds to me and I don't have to sit at the edge of my seat for 12 hours. Throughout Prince of Persia, I was reclined in my sofa and I just soked in the art style and story. I didn't find the story too terribly interesting, although I'm starting to love Ubisoft's off-beat story telling as of recently with this game's ending and Assassins Creed.

I also enjoyed the combat enough to not complain about it. The light seed gathering parts didn't annoy me too badly. Sadly, none of the levels were that rememerable except for the Vale levels.

There's really no big complaints from me anywhere, the game was very well done, good job Ubisoft.

Actually, there is a complaint, The whole game I was like "This dude's voice is totally Nathan Drake."
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By turboman

Now, I've never played a Prince of Persia game. I played through small chunks of sands of time, but that was it, I just never got into it. So I realize that I should go ahead and rent the new Prince of Persia, because I'm kind of interested of what the journalist has described the game, which is a platformer that focuses more on level design and platforming then the number of enemy encounters they can through at you on screen. I thought to myself "My God, I haven't seen a game like that in years(I don't own a Wii because I'm smarter then that, even though I really wanted Mario).

So I pop in the game, and now that I've finished, I believe that Prince of Persia might have been my second favorite game last year, second to GTA IV. Sure, MGS4 is amazing and much more grand, but I believe I had a better time with Prince of Persia. What's the secret of the game? Easy. YOU CAN'T DIE.

Now I know most people are going to thing "Wha?! OMG, N00B"... but I don't care, these days in games, unless it's online competitions, I just enjoy my games more on the easy difficulty. I don't know how it started, but I used to enjoy hard mode(I played DMC3 on Dante Must Die mode), but recently, I only play through games story mode for the story, and I like it when it unfolds to me and I don't have to sit at the edge of my seat for 12 hours. Throughout Prince of Persia, I was reclined in my sofa and I just soked in the art style and story. I didn't find the story too terribly interesting, although I'm starting to love Ubisoft's off-beat story telling as of recently with this game's ending and Assassins Creed.

I also enjoyed the combat enough to not complain about it. The light seed gathering parts didn't annoy me too badly. Sadly, none of the levels were that rememerable except for the Vale levels.

There's really no big complaints from me anywhere, the game was very well done, good job Ubisoft.

Actually, there is a complaint, The whole game I was like "This dude's voice is totally Nathan Drake."
JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JamesF

I actually enjoy games more on Easy as well. If it's not frustrating it's simply more fun. If it's good enough I go back and play it on a harder difficulty.

jimbojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jimbojones

I liked the fact you can't die. Kept you going

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Thrawn1

I really liked the game, but not because it was easy. You mentioned that you like playing a story-driven game on easy difficulty settings. I think this strategy is suspect to underwhelming you, especially in games like Bioshock. Part of the atmosphere of a game is how intense the gameplay gets, and nothing has a dampening effect on intensity like the infamous "easy" setting. 

Prince of Persia just happens to be one of the rare games where all that I just said is thrown out the window, as the game is not about intensity, it's about sitting back and watching/enjoying the game.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turboman

just wanted to throw in this also:

If you did die everytime you messed up, this would be the worst, most impossible game ever and it would have pissed me off
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

Game was epic.