Why i quit World of Warcraft.

Happyraisins21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Happyraisins21

World of Warcraft was the best, unforgivingly addicting game i had ever played. I poured every second i was at home into this game UNTIL... Yes until they annouced that all the time and effort i spent getting all of the emblems of heroism (and emblems of VALOR even) were all a big ass waste of time. This was because all those emblems of conquest that you could only get from going to Ulduar were now available from every heroic dungeon. As urked as i was from this, i continued playing at the request of the many online vent friendships i developed. BUT, and notice that It's a big BUT, after grinding through the same dungeons as before AGAIN to get the best gear possible to get to the new content to get those emblems of triumph it was only thrown back in my face ONCE AGAIN by blizzard by making THOSE EMBLEMS I STRUGGLED TO GET available by doing the SAME FUCKING HEROICS I've done COUNTLESS TIMES. The night i heard about this i told all my friends and guildies that I'm sorry but i really can't deal with this anymore. I'ts great that Blizzard wants the newer people to see the new content sooner but punishing the long time players to do so is a piss poor way to do it. It really set the bar lower for me with Blizzard and even made me less interested in buying Diablo III once it's released. I have a special place in my heart for Diablo II and i would hate for it to be destroyed by Blizzard's $15 per month money hungry fan raping industry as its become.

Happyraisins21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Happyraisins21

World of Warcraft was the best, unforgivingly addicting game i had ever played. I poured every second i was at home into this game UNTIL... Yes until they annouced that all the time and effort i spent getting all of the emblems of heroism (and emblems of VALOR even) were all a big ass waste of time. This was because all those emblems of conquest that you could only get from going to Ulduar were now available from every heroic dungeon. As urked as i was from this, i continued playing at the request of the many online vent friendships i developed. BUT, and notice that It's a big BUT, after grinding through the same dungeons as before AGAIN to get the best gear possible to get to the new content to get those emblems of triumph it was only thrown back in my face ONCE AGAIN by blizzard by making THOSE EMBLEMS I STRUGGLED TO GET available by doing the SAME FUCKING HEROICS I've done COUNTLESS TIMES. The night i heard about this i told all my friends and guildies that I'm sorry but i really can't deal with this anymore. I'ts great that Blizzard wants the newer people to see the new content sooner but punishing the long time players to do so is a piss poor way to do it. It really set the bar lower for me with Blizzard and even made me less interested in buying Diablo III once it's released. I have a special place in my heart for Diablo II and i would hate for it to be destroyed by Blizzard's $15 per month money hungry fan raping industry as its become.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

You realize the next expansion pack would rendered everything you've done so far useless anyway?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

Ah, but that is exactly why WOTLK is awesome. The "best" gear comes from hard-mode bosses only, anything else is designed to be fairly easy to get get so there really is no reason to cry over grinding heroics for "low-tier" tier <number here> sets.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria

This should be expected since Blizzard always made the content easier to achieve for everyone before they put out the new expansion.

I also quit WoW, but this was when I realized that I'm just doing the same heroics and instances. I'd rather have new experiences than the same old thing over and over again.

Oh, and as a tank, PUGs got really annoying. Terrible DPSers, and incompetent healers, hell, when I need to tank and heal myself at the same time I know I'm in a bad group.

Good riddance! Still the best MMO I've played so far though.  Can't imagine playing anything else for months, since most of them get boring much sooner than WoW ever did.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nukesniper

This type of thing is normal for WoW and other MMOs. I spent ages getting awesome gear, then something new comes out. Heck, when Cataclysm comes out all of that raiding gear that people played for years now to get will only help them level up a little easier, then it will be replaced in level 85 dungeons.  

The trick with MMOs is that, you worked hard for that gear, and you looked awesome then, but times change. They have to make it easier for more people to get that gear because better stuff is out. This is why people rush to level up at an expansion. There is a period of time where they will turn heads and people will say "Oh wow, look, that guy is already level 85." It is the novelty of having hundreds of people want what you have and have worked for. 

The better stuff in WoW is the really rare stuff that you can't really farm for. I got the Ashes of A'lar mount out of pure luck, and I am one of two people on the server that has it (last I checked before I stopped playing.) That stuff that just looks cool is the better stuff if you are looking for longevity. 

Sure, your reasoning makes perfect sense, but the point of WoW is to constantly work to have the best stuff all the time. At least for the people who are truly exercising their endgame work. Eventually it becomes a "if you don't raid, you don't have cool stuff" situation, and that is why I stopped playing. 

I think WoW is great, until you hit the max level. 

By the way, Diablo 3 won't do this to you. It is not an MMO, and honestly, they probably won't care how religiously you play it once you bought the game, so long as you like it enough to buy any expansions they cook up. They do this in WoW to make some people keep playing.  

Think about it, until they changed that, there were probably some people who simply couldn't get that gear due to the dedication it took, and their adjusting of the system just gave those players a reason to keep paying for another few months at the very least. 

I know it sucks, but that is how MMOs are.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6  Edited By Symphony

As trivial a reason as that may sound to others for quitting I can understand the reasoning behind it. It came down to little things that eventually added up that lead to my own departure from the game.

Although I'll be renewing my account when Cataclysm rolls around to see the Worgen stuff at the least.... unless FFXIV is so amazing that I don't feel the need to reknew my WoW subscription at that point, but for some reason I doubt that. 

Anyhow, welcome to the world of games other than WoW. If WoW's all you've been playing, you've got a lot of catching up to do ;)

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

I remember the days you couldn't get free easy mode epics and those with good gear were 40 man raiders.  Now the playing field is level and everyone can have acceptable gear without having to go through all the old raid content to get caught up in tiers.  So i guess blizzard can't please everyone.