Why I won't be buying FFv13 if it goes multiplat.... Will you?

• 63 results
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By time allen

man i hate it so much when more people get the chance to play games that would otherwise be specific to another console. it's so annoying. it's like, if i wanted to play ff versus, i would TOTALLY fork out for a ps3, just to play it. amirite.

the definitely not off-topic edit: also, after having read some of the comments, i would just like to point out that ffxiii is not "bad" because of it's linearity. previous final fantasies, such as ffx, have been just as linear, going on to be critically acclaimed (i would also like to point out that ffx is my personal favourite of the series). If you don't like the final fantasy series at all (it's a pretty broad statement. i really doubt that most of the people who claim to hate the series have played every single game and then concluded with a non-bias judgment) then that is fine by me, it's up to you what you play, but if you want to call ffxiii a bad game, you're going to have to dig much deeper than "oh it's linear."

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh wow, let's just make up facts about companies, because we all know them so well and what goes on inside them. 

Jesus, this thread is retarded. Square cared about quality over quantity? Fuck off. The goal of any company in existence is make money.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By sopranosfan

Yeah I will I wouldn't even care if they released a port down to the Wii.  I mean honestly how does allowing other people enjoy a game cause you to enjoy the game less.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By ravensword

The fact of the matter is that FF VS 13 is THEIR game. Not yours, not mine, THERES. meaning if they want it to go multiplatform, then itll go multiplatform. Nothing we can really do about it. I would even argue that when you even BUY a game or console, the company that made it still owns it.
Hashbrowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Hashbrowns

I like the part when Kitase said: 

"The things that were cut either didn't make sense in the storyline, would slow down the pace of the game or were otherwise unnecessary." 

They apparently gave up on that standard when they realized they would have to cut the entire game.
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By august
@Hashbrowns: hi5
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Shadow

why does that matter?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Jadeskye
@rubsnick: 
No Caption Provided
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Synthballs
@MysteriousBob said:
"You know why I won't be buying it? Because I hate Final Fantasy. "

This. Very much so this. 

I think someone might be just a little bit butthurt
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#60  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online

Remember when Devil May Cry 4 went multiplatform and there was a petition basically saying "We don't want other people to play this game"? This guy reminds me of that.  If Versus XIII comes to the 360 then all the better for it.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By mrfizzy
@rubsnick: you cant blame the 360/microsoft when it would have been up to the games developers as to how they did it. Microsoft wouldnt have had control over that stuff, they simply would have made an offer right? 
JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JazGalaxy
@rubsnick said:
"   Please read the entire topic before posting.

As We all know FF13 was receive with mix feelings by gamers. (Famitsu loved it tough...), but overall everyone that I've talked to has said that the game sucks essentially.It's the one of the most linear games of this generation, for the most part you just move up and press x and can complete most of the game that way. It's rather pathetic ya know? Now we can blame the 360 for this as we can see in multiple articles the content was cut, A lot of it was cut ("enough to make another game")

We can see in the following articles-

http://gamersyndrome.com/2010/video-games/final-fantasy-xiii-plenty-of-deleted-content/

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/15/yoshinori-kitase-cut-final-fantasy-xiii-content-will-not-return/

We can or can't blame the 360, but I chose blame it, Not for such large content being cut but for the little things. Lets put it this way if you release a game on 5 DVD's on the xbox it would make the xbox look bad. So they cut out many little things to trim it down while the PS3's disc still had the storage. (I'm sticking with pure facts here and basing it off of that to please people) We know that all the older FF games had multiple easter eggs no matter how silly or out of place they where we still had little things like mini games and stuff. We can see that when

*semi-spoilers*

Raz and Vanille go to the amusement park

*end spoilers*

there was a perfect opportunity for a little gunslinger mini game or something to be put there (A la FF7 bike race). But it was more then likely cut due to disc space limitations. Little stuff like that makes the world of FF seem more alive. I'm a long time fan of the FF franchise and 12 and 13 where disappointments (I own them from 1 to 13 including 11)

I own 483 games as of this time, I'm a gamer first and foremost my first HD console was my Halo 3 green 360. I find that games that are exclusive to consoles are usually of more quality then games on multiple platforms. When I see my collection of PS3 and 360 games I have a large portion of exclusives, some of the highest rated games are exclusives, (Halo 3, Uncharted, Infamous, Mass Effect 2 (great RPG BTW).

The reason that I will boycott this is because it's Square Enix's show of greed and lack of care for their product, sure it will get great exposure but why didn't SE go multiplat last gen? They created FF10 which is one hell of a game and KH, Why didn't they go Multi last gen? It was feasible and even easier last gen due to the technology being incredibly similar. They didn't because they cared more for quality then for quantity. Now we are in the reverse, if SE does decide to go multiplat they will focus on making the same experience on the 360 and the PS3 making the PS3 suffer from cut content and lack of quality. They will devide their resources and delay the game up to a year (just like FF13) to make the game be released at the same time. Now if they opt to do a timed exclusive that would be much preferred since they can focus on the PS3 then cut crap out to make it fit on the 360. But as it stands people who wanted FFv13 already purchased their PS3's for it. (They where interested in many other games)

I own multiple consoles because when a developer focuses on one console they make a much better quality game. Lets take Fallout 3.... plagued with glitches left and right.... Anyway I won't buy it because this will be the last nail in the SE coffin for me, after the big disappointment that FF13 was for me I just don't feel "safe" spending $60 on a compromised game. I'm upset in general with SE that's the main reason for doing this.  "  

Okay, first of all, how old are you? 

Second of all, this subject keeps popping up and I think it's only going to get worse. 

This is largely a culture clash. In Japan, it's considered humble and promotional to say that your game was so large and so in depth that you had to cut out chunks of it in order to put it on the shelf. In America, I guess because we're so greedy, that is considered cheating the customer out of content, or compromising the story. 

THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE XBOX. He would have made the exact same comments if the game was on the PS3 only. In fact, MOST Japanese developers make these comments when reflecting on their games. 

Square Enix going multiplatform in this generation has  nothing to do with them "not caring about quality". They simply had no REASON to develop for another console back then. The xbox market, which was nearly nothing in japan, wasn't large enough for them to consider devloping for. The 360s is much larger, and they created their crystal tools development software specifically so they COULD develop for multiple platforms. It was planned from the start, not an afterthought.  

The past has shown, with the number of square games released on pc, that when a port makes sense, they will do a port.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By WilliamRLBaker