Why is it that ALMOST every time...

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@dinocrisisfreak said:
"  A huge thing with modern games is that they have no replay value, are really short, and are typically one-play charlies. Most major modern games are FPS games and are MP-focused. I still play games from the late 90s all the time. Hell, I've logged sveral thousand of hours of StarCraft and hundreds of hours for other games. The ONLY game I can see real replay value in this generation is Alan Wake.    Little Bobby says: Modern Warfare 2I say: Tribes 2Little Bobby says: Command & Conquer 4I say: Total AnnihilationLittle Bobby says: ChromehoundsI say: MechWarriorLittle Bobby says: Rainbow Six VegasI say: Rogue SpearLittle Bobby says: Resident Evil 5I say: Resident EvilLittle Bobby says: Metal Gear Solid 4I say: Metal Gear SolidLittle Bobby says: Fallout: New VegasI say: DiabloLittle Bobby says: Mass EffectI say: Final Fantasy VIILittle Bobby says: Civilization IVI say: Civilization IILittle Bobby says: RuneScapeI say: EverQuestLittle Bobby says: Medal of Honor (2010)I say: Medal of HonorLittle Bobby says: HaloI say: Quake "
This is what I get from you. 

You don't belong here, just leave.
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Icil

You come off as extremely close-minded. Threads are for discussion, not your preaching. 

Also, I think you fail to realize that                       and                      which is why                         .

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icil said:
" You come off as extremely close-minded. Threads are for discussion, not your preaching.   Also, I think you fail to realize that                       and                      which is why                         . "
fill in the blanks?
cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By cjmabry
@Icil said:
" You come off as extremely close-minded. Threads are for discussion, not your preaching.   Also, I think you fail to realize that                       and                      which is why                         . "
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!?!?!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HandsomeDead

How has this reached page 3?

newfound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By newfound

I think it's because it's harder to create an original game now, whereas back then with games much fewer it was easier to do something new and interesting. But I am a fan of both the classic games and the new ones. Just enjoy it ha

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By valrog

I'd rather be concerned why there is DLC announced even before the damn game is out.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By beej

Where have I heard this "old games were better, lowest common denominator" thing before?

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By davidwitten22
@ryanwho said:
" @MetalGearGeorge said:
" It is because most old games don't hold up very well. For example, since as a kid i only had a playstation 1 i had never played GoldenEye on the 64.  That was until i got the chance to play it last week at a friends house and all i've got to say is that the controls suck so much ass i only played for 5 minutes and then gave up. "
You should try playing with friends next time, and maybe play longer than 5 minutes before delivering your peasant verdict. "
You failed so hard right here.
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By davidwitten22
@beej said:
" Where have I heard this "old games were better, lowest common denominator" thing before? "
THIS.
EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By EvilKatarn
@dinocrisisfreak said:

"Little Bobby says: Mass Effect  

I say: Final Fantasy VII"

Well that's dumb.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By landon
@dinocrisisfreak said:
"  A huge thing with modern games is that they have no replay value, are really short, and are typically one-play charlies. Most major modern games are FPS games and are MP-focused. I still play games from the late 90s all the time. Hell, I've logged sveral thousand of hours of StarCraft and hundreds of hours for other games. The ONLY game I can see real replay value in this generation is Alan Wake.

Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Super Street Fighter 4, Star Craft 2, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Rock Band, Call of Duty, Ratchet and Clank, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid 4, Plants vs. Zombies, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros,  Zelda: Twilight Princess, Excitebots: Trick Racing,  No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2,  Okami, DJ Hero, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Marval: Ultimate Alliance, Grand Theft Auto 4, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Are you fucking kidding me? Alan Wake is the ONLY games you can think of THIS GENERATION with real replay value?
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By CandleJakk

No Caption Provided
Also, you need to say 'Lowest Common Denominator' less.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By MysteriousBob
@dinocrisisfreak said:
"  The reason for games being not as good as they were is because human beings are generally stupid, and back in the 90s, gamers were generally very intelligent people, as they were typically geeks. However now that everyone and their grandma is a gamer, companies can get away with releasing really garbage, so called "AAA" titles. "
SCIENTIFIC FACT 

Fuck off.
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mars_Cleric

yawn
leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By leebmx

This thread is depressing

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JoeyRavn

Speaking of old games, I don't think I have enough fish for all the trolls here, and I really want to cross that bridge...

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By FlyingRat
@dinocrisisfreak said:
 but I don't care what you think.
Then why post a thread about it? The entire purpose of a forum is to discuss things. It's not there to shout out stupid shit, drop the mic and walk off stage. You have the Youtube comments system for that.
RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By RVonE

Why is it that when someone disagrees with someone else on the topic of games, the first person will always portray the second person as a twelve year old?
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jack268

No Caption Provided
It seems you're one of those who hopped on the grandma train, since apparently the only games you know of are Halo and Modern Warfare.