• 68 results
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By swamplord666

Something I'll never understand is why the current motion controllers (wiimote, sixaxis) never utilised the motion to include it in FPSs. tilt the ps3 controller or wiimote to lean would have been awesome.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By ZmillA

because games are leaving the pc.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Leptok

Console Kiddies

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Binman88

Leaning is very useful in FPS games. A large amount of multiplayer play in Raven Shield involved leaning to keep as much of your body covered while laying down fire. It's not hugely necessary in games, but I prefer it when it's available, and it adds an extra bit of depth and skill to multiplayer games that incorporate it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The only games where I ever found it useful is the Thief series. I just don't need it anywhere else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In MOHAA it was extremely useful for gun fights and looking around the corner leaning was part of what  made that game awesome.        
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Ghost Recon will still have it I'm sure.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#58  Edited By Geno

Lean sucked, it was always better to just pop out and shoot then go back to cover. 

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By fwylo

Perfect Dark has it on XBLA and it rocks.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like lean 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By jakob187

Leaning is for pussies.  Real men go in guns ablazing and kick ass.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@jakob187 said:

" Leaning is for pussies.  Real men go in guns ablazing and kick ass. "

Yeah well Cool Guys Don't Look At Explosions.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By napalm

The console version of F.E.A.R. didn't need the lean buttons even though they had it. As others have mentioned, it was primarily a PC mechanic. There isn't really a place or need for it on controllers. I'm playing through System Shock 2 and I'm not using lean at all, and I'm getting through it just fine.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By iam3green

i'm a person that didn't like leaning. it just made the game fee slow and things.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jimbo

I played Medal of Honor: Airborne for the first time the other day (it was free on EAStore) and I thought that had a pretty cool lean mechanic.  When you look down the iron sights, the move controls became 'lean' up/down/left/right for looking over and around cover.  I thought it worked pretty well.

Old skool Lean was never that great tbh (though better than nothing), because it was all or nothing and always looked really dumb.  Instead of being able to just peak around a corner, you were usually leant right over at 45 degrees or something.  Arma 2 with the head-tracking thing allows you to move your vision entirely independent of your gun, which does take some getting used to, but once you do, going back to a regular shooter feels extremely restricting.  For example, you can be running across a field whilst checking left and right for threats, or just generally having a good look around - it really does a lot for immersion.  You can also do things like peak around corners, or up over cover the exact amount you want to, rather than 'all or nothing' leaning.  

I expect if Natal and Move can headtrack as well as they say then we'll see a Leaning Renaissance in games, except this time it will be much, much better.  Honestly, the difference between having the headtracking stuff and not having it, is night and day.  You wanna know how GT5 will destroy Forza et al when it comes out?  Because, if they pull it off, you'll be able to flick your head an inch in any direction and see the entire way around your car - and that will kick ass.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jmfinamore

Most games are pretty much designed around the lean these days, on the console at least. Which I understand, given button constraints. But I would like to see them allow you to change what side your gun is on in FPS's. Not as good as lean, but at least I wouldn't become target practice just because I decided to run the left side of a map. Lean is a must for tactical shooters though, not that they exist any more (Ghost Recon, why have you forsaken me?)

mrariscottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67  Edited By mrariscottle

It seems silly and unrealistic I guess... Running whilst leaning? What the fuck is that?

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Toxin066
@xobballox said:
" Most games nowadays you don't really need lean(my opinion, anyways), but it's always a nice addition to a game.  Personally if a game is tough enough to where you have to lean out of cover a tiny bit to fire so you don't get shot, I much prefer RB6V's cover system to leaning. "
*ahem*. Yeah. What xbobballox said.
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By foggel

I never used lean. I just popped in and out of cover.