Why no other giantbomb podcasts on itunes

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How come there aren't any other giant bomb podcasts like Danswers or Alt F1 on iTunes? I would love to download them to my iPhone through their podcast app as that is where I have all my other podcasts including the Giant Bombcast. I am a premium member so I should be able to download them if they are available right?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@holycrapitsadam: Probably for that exact reason that they are premium content and there is no real way on itunes to gate people from downloading them if they aren't premium members.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By LaszloKovacs

They're premium podcasts. I doubt iTunes has any way to authenticate a GiantBomb account before letting you download a podcast.

harj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holycrapitsadam: i just tried doing the following on my iphone & ios podacst app and it worked.. this is pulled from an earlier forum post:

Try being logged into your account on the website on your iOS device and going to giantbomb.com/podcasts/premium/

Then hit the RSS feed button next to the podcast. Doing this will open the ios podcast app and prompt you too enter your login and password. You'll then be subscribed to the premium podcast feed.

This just worked for me.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harj: This is correct and it worked for me since the day I became a premium member about 18 months ago. Everyone do this.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

you just have to manually put the RSS feed into itunes and provide your password to itunes for authentication purposes.

It usually works fine except it keeps downloading eps I have already played.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@hammondoftexas: Thank you for this! I was downloading the MP3, adding it to iTunes, and then manually syncing my phone.