Wii motion plus packed in with new systems?

bigdaddyjack21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bigdaddyjack21

Will the wii motion plus be packaged in with new wii systems? This I believe would lead to more companies using the accessory

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

So far Nintendo hasn't said anything. I have little doubt that there will be a new Wii bundle ala the original wii sports

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I think this would be a good business practice for Nintendo. Maybe including a Wii Motion Plus will compensate for the lack of a price drop in over two years.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It would make sense, but Nintendo will probably keep it separate to make more money.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Can't confirm anything, just got it from NeoGAF while casually browsing, but it's not exactly a haven of Wii fanboys. Maybe they have a source somewhere in there, I can't bother searching. So yeah, quote:

The gyroscope alone, just the component (not customised build for the Wii M+), costs $40 (roughly) if you buy it direct from the manufacturer. This might be Nintendo's first loss leader this generation and they aren't even using it in an exclusive bundle to just sell their own software but are apparently letting 3rd party(s) in on the ground floor.

This is the price direct from the manufacturer. Sure they will get a discount for buying wholesale quantities, but after packaging, manufacture, shipping, retail mark-up you really think they are going to be making a significant profit?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm going to say that definitely won't be happening. If you want it, you'll have to buy Wii Sports Resort or buy it separately.