Wii U Arkham City???

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheRedRobin96

OK I know Arkham City will be for the Wii U, but will it be a dumbed down version which Nintendo is famous for doing (Transformers War For Cybertron, Revenge of The Fallen, lame Force Unleashed).

I mean I plan on buying a Wii U and I still want the experience that PC, PS3 and X-Box 360 are getting. Such as playing as Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman. Any thoughts???????????

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By kenzo287

It's gonna be the same game on all systems. Case closed.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@TheRedRobin96 said:

OK I know Arkham City will be for the Wii U, but will it be a dumbed down version which Nintendo is famous for doing (Transformers War For Cybertron, Revenge of The Fallen, lame Force Unleashed).

I mean I plan on buying a Wii U and I still want the experience that PC, PS3 and X-Box 360 are getting. Such as playing as Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman. Any thoughts???????????

The Wii U is more then a year away..In truth why the hell do you care?  

Also sources say The Wii U has the same power as the current consoles. So why dumb is down. Other games where dumbed down because of the Wiis limited power. 
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@TheRedRobin96 said:

The Wii U is more then a year away..In truth why the hell do you care? Also sources say The Wii U has the same power as the current consoles. So why dumb is down. Other games where dumbed down because of the Wiis limited power.

Depending on the source, the Wii U may be more powerful than the other current consoles to some extent, though by how much seems to vary depending on who you talk to. It does make sense that the Wii U could at least be moderately more powerful, however, given the age of the PS3 and 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If they're making a big push, I have a feeling it's going to be something they're proud of.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Hailinel said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@TheRedRobin96 said:

The Wii U is more then a year away..In truth why the hell do you care? Also sources say The Wii U has the same power as the current consoles. So why dumb is down. Other games where dumbed down because of the Wiis limited power.

Depending on the source, the Wii U may be more powerful than the other current consoles to some extent, though by how much seems to vary depending on who you talk to. It does make sense that the Wii U could at least be moderately more powerful, however, given the age of the PS3 and 360.

Its said in a few sources its not that much more powerfull. Its started with 50% more power and now its down to about even terms. But aside from that. Why does it matter? Why wait a year to buy a game? 
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

It'll be the same on the Wii U. I'm not sure why they would dumb it down.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kingzetta

yeah it's great if you want to play batman more than a year from now. 
I'll play it in a week and not with a damn screen controller.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Hailinel said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@TheRedRobin96 said:

Its said in a few sources its not that much more powerfull. Its started with 50% more power and now its down to about even terms. But aside from that. Why does it matter? Why wait a year to buy a game?

The desire to play it on a console that could potentially provide a different experience, I suppose. Though, I have no idea what Rocksteady has in mind for the Wii U controller's touch screen.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Hold up screen to see Detective Vision on said screen. Fund it.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By tourgen

you know things are getting bad when we're talking about a console that's ~1 year away, and I'm looking at the specs on the iPhone 4S and thinking, "yeah, about the same". 512mb, dual core RISC (ARM), dual core gfx.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@TheRedRobin96 said:

Wii games were dumbed down because of who owned most Wiis and the controllers. Very little had to do with the power, which was greater than the original Xbox, which had real games like Arkham.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Yanngc33

@OllyOxenFree said:

Hold up screen to see Detective Vision on said screen. Fund it.

Gimmicks, gotta love em

agoaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By agoaj

Maybe it'll have this

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Hizang

Cause I'm totally gonna wait a whole year so I can play it on the Wii U, no wait..

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Contro

In answer to your question, no, it wont be dumbed down, it will however feature WiiU exclusive control options.

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By thespartandon

Wait, people are seriously waiting for the Wii U version when the game comes out next week?

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By Little_Socrates

@agoaj said:

Maybe it'll have this

WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE?

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Contro

@TheSpartanDon said:

Wait, people are seriously waiting for the Wii U version when the game comes out next week?

It seems the promise of improved graphics is too appealing for some.

It's coming out in Early Summer 2012, not in "a years time", as some are claiming in this thread.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BionicRadd

@Contro said:

@TheSpartanDon said:

It seems the promise of improved graphics is too appealing for some.

It's coming out in Early Summer 2012, not in "a years time", as some are claiming in this thread.

Summer starts on June 21st. So we're talking 8-9 months, minimum. Not quite a year, but not exactly just around the corner, either. By the time the Wii U version of AC hits, the PS3 and 360 version will likely be down to 40 bucks in stores.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

We know next to nothing so there is nothing to discuss.
Nintendo could amaze us all or let us down (again some would say).

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Crash_Happy

@Hailinel said:

The desire to play it on a console that could potentially provide a different experience, I suppose.

Yeah. I wouldn't expect a difference but there's enough time that they certainly could do something. If they did though, wouldn't be much.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeF
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@TheRedRobin96 said:

The Wii U is more then a year away..In truth why the hell do you care?   Also sources say The Wii U has the same power as the current consoles. So why dumb is down. Other games where dumbed down because of the Wiis limited power. 
exactly, why would it be dumbed down? Wii ports were dumbed down because of the hardware limitations and the incredibly stupid notion that Wii gamers want waggle-fests and only that. It's not like Nintendo said to every dev "hey, please make this idiot friendly a.k.a. bad". Those ports were almost always handed off to another developer anyway.

your concerns are completely unfounded. I would also go so far as to say that when the Wii U version comes out, it will be around the time they release a GOTY version of Arkham City for other platforms and the Wii U version will get all the DLC packed in from the start (á la Mass Effect 2 on PS3).
Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Dagbiker

I might get a wiiu I might not, but I am not planing on getting batman. But if that is there line up then ots just going to be the 3ds all over again

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@The_Laughing_Man said:
The Wii U is more then a year away
wut?
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I liked Arkham Asylum and I already pre-ordered this for 360 so..Fuck U Wii U

:D

That was lame :(

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheRedRobin96

I want to buy a Wii U, I have been stuck with a Wii for the past 2 years without a PS3 or that other crappy system, so I figure next year I will buy a Wii U and buy Arkham City for that incase anyone wants to know.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RsistncE

Wait...there are people out there who actually WANT a Wii U?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Barrock

@TheRedRobin96 said:

I want to buy a Wii U, I have been stuck with a Wii for the past 2 years without a PS3 or that other crappy system, so I figure next year I will buy a Wii U and buy Arkham City for that incase anyone wants to know.

I'm sorry. You've missed out on a lot.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By coakroach

@agoaj: You are the best person ever for showing me this.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Brendan

@RsistncE said:

Wait...there are people out there who actually WANT a Wii U?

Sure why wouldn't they, if they're not you and don't necessarily share your opinions?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hunkulese

@MordeaniisChaos said:

Wii games were dumbed down because of who owned most Wiis and the controllers. Very little had to do with the power, which was greater than the original Xbox, which had real games like Arkham.

Um what? Arkham Asylum was never released on the original xbox and there were no games on the xbox that came even close to requiring similar processing power. The Wii is not capable of running most of the games that come out on the 360 or PS3 and the motion controller just adds to the problem.