• 70 results
Vashtampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vashtampede

I have to choose between getting a Wii U and a gaming PC for Xmas. I have a preorder for the Wii U Deluxe but...I noticed that games look 100x better on PC than consoles and rune at 60 fps + vs maxing out at 30 on consoles

But...I WANT SCRIBBLENAUTS...I Know it's on PC but they don't have the Mario and Zelda characters

Outside of that and Zombi U I don't really wanna play anything else on Wii U but games like Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3 look great on PC.

I just need help deciding which to get. I hear there's going to be a new Zelda and Smash Bros for Wii U and I can't pass those up either.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Get the pc. Wait on the Wii U, there's a helluva lot more you can play on a computer than a Wii U. Plus you can wait for a price drop and for the Wii U library to fill out

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

The PC will most likely cost more. Get that then a WIi U later.

Vashtampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vashtampede

@Oscar__Explosion said:

Yeah I'm saving for a PC but I'd have to sacrifice the Wii U to get it. It's a nice rig, an I7 with a gtx 680

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Zekhariah

I would cancel the Wii U and buy a PC if you do not already own one.

At the moment the PC is seeing an upsurge in development, and has better versions of a lot of the cross platform titles. While I am purchasing a Wii U, that device is realistically only going to see a significant number of new releases for 1-1.5yr, after which it will be so obsolete that it will just be good for Nintendo games (and maybe some indie ports if the eshop is good). If you pick up a gaming PC (e.g. Intel CPU + GPU that is no more than a couple years old) you are probably set for 5+ years, and have a larger available back catalog (although, if you are just getting integrated video and a super low end PC a console might be better).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely get the PC. I would wait 6 months before buying the Wii U. Price will probably go down as well, plus we will see if games will really come out for it next holiday season. Games on the PC are much more abundant and less expensive. PC games are on sale ALL THE TIME. Especially with Steam, Origin, and Amazon. Plus there are many quality games that are free on PC like Team Fortress 2, DOTA 2, and many more. So I would definitely go for the Gaming PC over the Wii U.

Vashtampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vashtampede

@Zekhariah said:

At the moment the PC is seeing an upsurge in development, and has better versions of a lot of the cross platform titles. While I am purchasing a Wii U, that device is realistically only going to see a significant number of new releases for 1-1.5yr, after which it will be so obsolete that it will just be good for Nintendo games (and maybe some indie ports if the eshop is good).

I thought so, I only kept my Wii for the Nintendo games but I can't pass up a new Zelda though

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By frankfartmouth

I always have to have a Nintendo console around too for the first party titles (although Scribblenauts isn't one that really interests me), so I get what you're feeling, but it's PC first and foremost for me. The Wii U has a pretty weak launch lineup overall. Pikmin 3 is the only major first party release, with stuff like Zombi U (which could totally suck as far as anybody knows) taking up the rear. The rest are ports of AAA games that you'll be able to get on the PC. So yeah, definitely PC. Get a Wii U later when Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. all drop.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

This is off topic but have there always been animated emoticons?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

@ChadMasterFlash said:

Damn it, I hate those things.

Anyway, I'd definitely say PC. The Wii U can wait.

Vashtampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vashtampede

@frankfartmouth said:

I always have to have a Nintendo console around too for the first party titles (although Scribblenauts isn't one that really interests me), so I get what you're feeling, but it's PC first and foremost for me. The Wii U has a pretty weak launch lineup overall. Pikmin 3 is the only major first party release, with stuff like Zombi U (which could totally suck as far as anybody knows) taking up the rear. The rest are ports of AAA games that you'll be able to get on the PC. So yeah, definitely PC. Get a Wii U later when Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc. all drop.

If worse comes to worse I could always play Scribblenauts on PC but I really wanted the Nintendo characters on the Wii U version

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By TheAdmin

Get a PC. Seriously - no question: PC.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

Yeah I'm saving for a PC but I'd have to sacrifice the Wii U to get it. It's a nice rig, an I7 with a gtx 680

Save yourself some bucks and get an i5. Virtually no difference between those two CPUs for gaming (assuming you're not going to use your PC for video editing and CPU-intensive tasks).

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mordukai

@TheAdmin said:

Get a PC. Seriously - no question: PC.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By colourful_hippie

PC then wait and get the Wii U when the price drops. I seriously don't see the appeal of having Nintendo characters in Scribblenauts, it's like the game completely changes because of them. At least with the PC you can still stay up to date with games once next gen comes around.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jams

@JoeyRavn said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

Save yourself some bucks and get an i5. Virtually no difference between those two CPUs for gaming (assuming you're not going to use your PC for video editing and CPU-intensive tasks).

Get that PC for sure. That's a helluva good PC especially compared to that dinky Wii U.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Yanngc33

Gaming PC

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gruff182

PC. Enjoy the xmas Steam sale.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Bollard

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

i7 and GTX 680 vs a Wii U? You'd be insane to choose the Wii.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#20  Edited By alistercat

The PC version will have mod support won't it? Or did I dream that? if it does then in theory any number of characters and objects could be added.

Vashtampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vashtampede

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

I know the PC is more powerful but I don't wanna pass up on Zelda and Smash Bros

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

If you think about it a PC already has thousands of games for sale while the Wii U is still an unknown.

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By begilerath

Do you already own a PC and planning to upgrade that one? Are you buying a completely new PC? What is your budget?

A Wii U is going to be 350 USD, you can buy a really crappy PC for that money a decent one is probably going to be around 500.

If you are upgrading your PC 350 USD is not going to do anything meaningful for you, unless you already have a solid PC (good motherboard and processor, and an appropiate power supply) without a video card or a really crappy one, so you can put all that money on a really good card and some RAM maybe.

I seriously don't see the Wii U lowering its price until holiday season next year.

Also are you planning on connecting your PC to your TV? does it makes a difference to you the comfort of playing on a console vs a PC?

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FritzDude

As far as I know both Zelda & Smash Brothers aren't in the launch window, so you wont pass up on anything for quite some time. Getting a Wii U now just for one, maybe two games, and for the Nintendo characters only seems silly. And If you are that into Nintendo I think you shouldn't be asking this question in the first place. Now, I don't know your oeconomia, and a new computer is an investment, but surely you can afford both when the time the games you're looking for comes out?

Vashtampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vashtampede

@Begilerath said:

Do you already own a PC and planning to upgrade that one? Are you buying a completely new PC? What is your budget?

A Wii U is going to be 350 USD, you can buy a really crappy PC for that money a decent one is probably going to be around 500.

If you are upgrading your PC 350 USD is not going to do anything meaningful for you, unless you already have a solid PC (good motherboard and processor, and an appropiate power supply) without a video card or a really crappy one, so you can put all that money on a really good card and some RAM maybe.

I seriously don't see the Wii U lowering its price until holiday season next year.

Also are you planning on connecting your PC to your TV? does it makes a difference to you the comfort of playing on a console vs a PC?

Buying a brand new PC. My budget is about 1400 dollars. I've been saving for about a year now

I'm going to get an ASUS monitor HD

Mr402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mr402

@EarlessShrimp said:

Get the pc. Wait on the Wii U, there's a helluva lot more you can play on a computer than a Wii U. Plus you can wait for a price drop and for the Wii U library to fill out

What he said. PC is more versatile and the library games is far more diverse at this time. Your Wii U depending on your gaming tastes is going to be playing many games that have been released previously on other platforms ex Armored edition Batman and Assassins creed. I only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo made game's the rest I will always play on other platforms. Wait for your 3D Mario's and Zelda's to be released then pull the trigger on Wii U. I'm personally going to wait until next years E3 to see what Nintendo is planning on releasing from there in house people.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BraveToaster

I would wait before purchasing a new console, there's no telling what might be wrong with launch consoles, and companies seem to be releasing slimmer/better iterations of the same console every 6 months.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PillClinton

@ChadMasterFlash said:

Yeah, what the hell? I've never seen that here. And I dislike them greatly.

Anyway, PC. Period. You'll get so much more out of it, including upgradability. It might be a much bigger initial investment, but it's most definitely worth it.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PillClinton

@Vashtampede said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

I know the PC is more powerful but I don't wanna pass up on Zelda and Smash Bros

You'll probably be able to play all those game on your PC, with better visuals, resolution, and frame rate via emulation, just like you can play all Wii games with the Dolphin emulator. Just buy boxed copies of the game too so you're not a dirty pirate. ;)

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By me3639

Get a Wii U if you can day one ($350), and then just stand outside a BB or gamestop and sell for more cash(+$200-$300) towards a PC and more games than you will ever be able to play.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Amducious

Get a gaming pc. Zelda is Zelda regardless, but a gaming pc opens you up to a warehouse full of games. (and the awesomeness that is Steam and their amazing sales)

Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Etnos

PC is blatantly a better option than a Wii U right now.

or you know at any given time also, yes.

Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@Vashtampede said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

You make it sound like you can't get a Wii U down the road anyway and who's to say when the next Zelda or Smash Bros will be ANNOUNCED let alone released. You got years to wait while you could be playing hundreds of great PC games now.

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By begilerath

@Vashtampede: Is that 1400 + 350 if you don't get a Wii U? I seriously can't see the point in buying a 1750 on a PC unless you want to play games on crazy high resolutions in 3D on multiple monitors with more frames that you can actually notice. If that is the case just buy both. If is just 1400 total you should probably go with the PC.

In the end you have to ask your self are there enough Wii U games you want right now? In my case I'm interested in Scribblenauts, Zombie U, Rayman Legends and the new 2D Mario. I have not own a Nintendo console since the N64 so for me buying a Wii U is a chance to catch up with a lot really good games I have missed, thank to the backwards compatibility with the Wii and the Virtual Console titles, but that is just me.

If you are just interested in just a couple of games right now, I think you should probably wait on the Wii U.

Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@Vashtampede said:

@Begilerath said:

Buying a brand new PC. My budget is about 1400 dollars. I've been saving for about a year now

I'm going to get an ASUS monitor HD

Woah wait your budget is $1400? Even if you trim it down to $1000 you can build yourself a great computer. Which also begs the question are you buying a PC premade or building your own rig?

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By banishedsoul1

@PillClinton said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

You'll probably be able to play all those game on your PC, with better visuals, resolution, and frame rate via emulation, just like you can play all Wii games with the Dolphin emulator. Just buy boxed copies of the game too so you're not a dirty pirate. ;)

um no that would never work unless he is buying a pc from the future. wii u is weak but it has 3 cores 2gbs ram . running wii games with 1 core 729mhz and 88mbs ram is glichty. Don't steal games you make pc gamers look bad.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hunkulese

Get both. You can easily save $300 by not getting the top of the line stuff. You don't need an i7 no matter what if it's just for gaming and the 680 is overkill unless you want insane resolutions on a 30" monitor. You can run everything out today maxed out with a mid range gpu and you wont need to upgrade for a year or two.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By ajamafalous
@Chavtheworld said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

This, lol
SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By SpudBug

these are really different choices - obviously the PC is a superior device just by the amount of things you can accomplish with it - but also even $500 is a little bit tight for a good gaming pc. $300 for the WiiU to play just games might get you by, but then we don't know about what types of games you like to play or how much you play.

It's like asking if you should get an economical coupe car or a pickup truck.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pyrodactyl

@Vashtampede said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

Trust me, zelda and smash aren't coming before holyday 2013. It's also unlikely they will come out before mid-2014. Nintendo is a very slow company.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By myniceicelife

Zelda and Smash Bros. won't be out till probably late next year or later anyways, so get the PC now and and play some of the games you want to now on that.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42  Edited By mackgyver

Is there any doubt to this? PC of course.

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By SpudBug

the better question is to say you're going to be spending $700-$800. Would you rather get a nice quality gaming PC, or a WiiU and the budget for another 8 (new release, full price) games?

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By begilerath

@SpudBug said:

the better question is to say you're going to be spending $700-$800. Would you rather get a nice quality gaming PC, or a WiiU and the budget for another 8 (new release, full price) games?

He said he has saved $1400, If he is not planning on a buying a PC to play games in 3D on multiple monitors or sticking with it for the next 4 years, I think he can probably afford both the PC and the WiiU.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Terramagi

@SpudBug said:

For a hundred dollars, you can get like, 30 fucking full retail games if you've honed your Steam sale skills to an adequate level.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

If you can afford an i7/68- build, you won't have to spend much time waiting to get that Wii U. I'm building an i7/680 rig right now and the final price will be a couple grand. The Wii is what, $300? That's a 10th of the cost of what my PC is going to go for.

But please dear god don't just buy the big numbers. An i5 and a 670 would do you fine. With some clever trimming of fat from a PC build like that, you could probably get the money for a Wii U if you really want the nintendo exclusives.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SlasherMan

@Begilerath said:

@SpudBug said:

He said he has saved $1400, If he is not planning on a buying a PC to play games in 3D on multiple monitors or sticking with it for the next 4 years, I think he can probably afford both the PC and the WiiU.

Yep. For $1400 you can have both a kickass PC and a WiiU. I don't see how this is an issue at all. Just have to be smart with what you pick.

i5 instead of an i7, and 670 / 660 Ti (or 7950 / 7870 on the AMD side) instead of a 680.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ravenlight

@Vashtampede said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Vashtampede said:

@Oscar__Explosion said:

That's like choosing a Ferrari over a Geo Metro because the Metro has spinning rims.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By myke_tuna

@Vashtampede said:

@Zekhariah said:

At the moment the PC is seeing an upsurge in development, and has better versions of a lot of the cross platform titles. While I am purchasing a Wii U, that device is realistically only going to see a significant number of new releases for 1-1.5yr, after which it will be so obsolete that it will just be good for Nintendo games (and maybe some indie ports if the eshop is good).

I thought so, I only kept my Wii for the Nintendo games but I can't pass up a new Zelda though

Even more of a reason to get the PC, truthfully. By the time that new Zelda comes out, your pocketbook will have recovered from your PC purchase. I really doubt a new Zelda comes out within the first year of the Wii U. Announced maybe, but I bet it doesn't come out until 2 years into the life of the Wii U at the earliest.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By hippie_genocide

Flip your preorder on ebay or CL, and use that money to fund your PC. Then, buy a WiiU later when there's something worth playing on it.