Will Brad ever buy a Wii U?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will Brad ever buy a Wii U? (309 votes)

Yes 12%
No 72%
Other (he'll get one from a fan, another staff member etc.) 16%

So Brad made it through this entire generation without owning a Wii. With the the current situation the Wii U is in and two more next generation consoles launching this holiday do you think Brad will ever buy a Wii U?

• 
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh, man! I don't know!-I don't know!

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nekroskop

Brad is a sensible man, so no.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Does it have DOTA?

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By cutyoface

Probably not.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

No way Jose.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably when something worthy comes out for it, but till then no.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

At this point doesn't really make any sense. Any game he would be really interested in he can just play at the office or borrow a Wii U from the pretty much everyone at the office that got one and will probably not be using it.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I find some peoples obsession with the staff humorous at times

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of hilarious that he would rather spend money on a Vita and several Vita games that he will never play, but he has a weird stubborn refusal to buying the Wii U, which will have loads more interesting exclusives than the Vita ever will. But whatever, I guess? He's in a privileged position anyway, he can play Wii U games as much as he wants without actually having the own one.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Didn't he mention that he would buy one when a certain condition is met? What was that again?

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I seriously doubt it, the Wii had more interesting games for it than the Wii U does at this point and he never got one of those so I can't imagine he'll end up picking one up.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By devilzrule27

Only if they release a superior version of Dota for it.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darji

Wii U is not next gen and dead in may 24 month anyway. Would be funny if PS3 or 360 would get longer support than the Wii U XD

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

its the wii al over again but this time the heat behind the games is lacking. So i expect he will stay the course, there is so much dota to play! Maybe if a game on the level of dota or sc2 came out exclusive for the wiiu but thats almost impossible.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@darji said:

Wii U is not next gen and dead in may 24 month anyway. Would be funny if PS3 or 360 would get longer support than the Wii U XD

CHYEAH would be pretay funnay, why give stoopid nintendoe a chance? XD

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai: I own both and so far I've gotten, no exaggeration 100x more enjoyment from my Vita than my Wii U. Will it have better games in the long run? Maybe but as of right now it's fucking abysmal and it blows my mind that Nintendo announced this platform 2 years ago and it's in the state that it's in.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'No' doesn't seem to be emphatic enough. 'Of course not' is closer to what I would have gone with.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

Yep. Some killer app will hit, and while they discuss it on the podcast Brad will utter his famed "Oh man..." of excitement, he'll hem and haw over it for a while, and he'll buy one a few days later.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

When enough good Nintendo IP's come out

No Caption Provided

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hunter5024

He's in a position where he doesn't really have to.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

I care more about when he'll play Super Mario Galaxy.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

They can have a chance if they actually show me some new great IP or game which does not include Mario, Link or Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong etc in any form.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Nope. He missed out on the Wii and that console had Mario Galaxy on it, and if he can't justify buying a console for that game then there's no way he'll be able to justify owning a Wii U.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By DarthOrange

@darji said:

Ya nintendoe are fakin pooses!

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wii was a better deal than the WiiU is now. However the backwards compatibility with Wii might make the WiiU worth it as a Nintendo swan song.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Green_Incarnate

He should buy a Wii.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By probablytuna

10 Brad bucks says he will never own a Wii U console.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No. He should buy a 99$ Wii and play Super Mario Galaxy though.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Does anybody remember Nintendo saying a couple years ago that it was time to invest in some new original first party franchises/characters? Whatever happened to that? Maybe it was a Mario induced fever dream.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, for all the shit people are giving MS about being arrogant right now, Nintendo has been reallyarrogant with pretty much everything that has been happening with the Wii U. It is actually a little astonishing.

It's like they don't seem to care/notice that it is selling poorly. They seem incapable of doing any sort of strategy shift to right the ship.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Darji

@huey2k2 said:

You know, for all the shit people are giving MS about being arrogant right now, Nintendo has been reallyarrogant with pretty much everything that has been happening with the Wii U. It is actually a little astonishing.

It's like they don't seem to care/notice that it is selling poorly. They seem incapable of doing any sort of strategy shift to right the ship.

I do not think its arrogance but more like not understand anything at all.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@darji said:

They can have a chance if they actually show me some new great IP or game which does not include Mario, Link or Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong etc in any form.

Oh right, because Pikmin 3 and the Wonderful 101 don't look great at all? Bayonetta 2 also isn't coming out on the Wii U either, so I guess all they have are their excellent Mario, DK, and Zelda games, oh no. D:

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope and lets face it if he went through this generation without owning a Wii then why would he pay the hundreds of dollars to own a Wii U that right now barely has compelling games and next gen consoles are just around the corner with prices that could very well compete with the Wii U's.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@msavo said:

@marokai: I own both and so far I've gotten, no exaggeration 100x more enjoyment from my Vita than my Wii U. Will it have better games in the long run? Maybe but as of right now it's fucking abysmal and it blows my mind that Nintendo announced this platform 2 years ago and it's in the state that it's in.

So weird that I remember forum posts by you saying how the Wii U looked terrible and you would never get one?

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad probably shouldn't buy a Wii U.

He already fucked up and bought a Vita, anyway. That's his shameful gaming purchase of the decade

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@darji said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@darji said:

I don't get it. Nintendo has a chance if they gamble everything on a new, unproven IP and completely discard the games that have made it Nintendo in the first place and which continue to sell extremely well, all things considered?

Ah.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@msavo said:

So weird that I remember forum posts by you saying how the Wii U looked terrible and you would never get one?

100% impulse purchase and I regret it. I also made a post about my impulsive purchase story, stupid on my part and I am fully to blame.

Looking forward to Pikmin 3 though I guess...

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By pr1mus

He didn't buy a Wii and that thing was crazy popular. He certainly won't buy a Wii U when the masses are running away from it like it has the plague or something.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only, y'know, part of his job.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn said:

@darji said:

@mrsignerman44 said:

@darji said:

I don't get it. Nintendo has a chance if they gamble everything on a new, unproven IP and completely discard the games that have made it Nintendo in the first place and which continue to sell extremely well, all things considered?

Ah.

YEs because quite frankly I am tired of heir old shit over and over again. I haven't liked a Mario game for example since they switched to 3D. The whole star concept is in my opinion totally stupid. I do not want to do the same level over and over again just to get more stars. Zelda games lack drastically in terms of story telling so again I got bored after it since it went to 3D as well.

As for Pikmin I was never a fan of it. And for the Wonderful: I was talking about Nintendo Japan. Something totally new and a great new IP from Miyamoto and co. MAybe something a bit more serious with a mature way of storytelling. And no this does not mean a shooter.

Nintendo is actually risking even less than Microsoft which is really quite sad in my opinion.