Will Jeremiah be doing any Quick Looks?

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I enjoyed Jeremiah's appearance on the Beastcast, and was hoping to hear him on a Quick Look or other Giant Bomb content. He seems like a very nice fellow.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Jeremiah > Margaret.

Edit: on a totally unrelated note, I think Abby is a great person.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm not sure Jeremiah has the time to sit in on quick looks. I'm sure he's busy with his wife and salary after all.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Jeremiah would be a wonderful guest host the next time you play some Mount Your Friends.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

I am so out of the loop...

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can bullfrogs play games?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BisonHero

I think characters are best left on podcasts/play dates/UPF. When they actually cover video games, like in Quick Looks, I'd rather they tone down the goofs and actually give me their impressions of the game.

Almost nothing is worse than an uninformative Quick Look dominated by a goof. Biggest offender probably being that Black Mesa Quick Look where Dan pretended to have never heard of Half-Life and acted like Black Mesa was an original game with oddly old-fashioned FPS design.

On the other hand, the Rogue Warrior Quick Look where Jeff talks about cock-breath commie motherfuckers worked, but only because he continued to comment on the game while swearing like a sailor. It can be done, but doing an elaborate goof while running a Quick Look is a real tightrope walk.

bhizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think @bisonhero nailed it there.

The real question is what kind of "guest" will Bakalar bring to the Beastcast?

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

@bisonhero: As much as I hate to poo-poo on the Jeremiah idea - since I almost lost it at work listening to that Beastcast episode - this is a good point. Quick Looks are meant to be generally consumable, so in-jokes seem like a no-no.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Jeremiah! But I think this is one of those things where we think we know what we want, but we really don't. Having Jeremiah or Margaret sit in for any extended periods of time will oversaturate the humor so fast that before you know it you'll be thinking "Alright, yeah maybe this doesn't work as a whole 40minute shtick"

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hah... no

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@beachthunder: Jeremiah and Margaret were guests on the last Beastcast.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I don't know what people are implying with Jeremiah being a "character," it just seems a little mean and above the Giant Bomb community to name-call like that. But I do think that the Quick Look format is below his sophisticated standards. That's more for the popcorn dumpster people.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people should give Jeremiah a bit of time to settle in the office before he is on a quicklook. I'm just happy for the new hire. You're doing great Jeremiah, ignore the haters!

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UnrealDP

I honestly think it's a huge misstep they haven't already hired Jeremiah. If they keep relying on him to just be there as an unpaid guest, then you know he's going to get swept up by Kinda Funny or Polygon. He has so much charisma and latent talent that GB's just been taking for granted.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShaggE

Having not listened to the Bombcast or Beastcast in a good while (and having let my sub lapse for a bit), I thought I had missed more new hires, haha.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

@beachthunder said:

I am so out of the loop...

You need to listen to the latest Bombcast. I thought it was hilarious, Jeff Bakalar sounded like he was laughing so hard he was crying.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not a fan of Jeremiah from what we have heard of him tbh. I don't think such a fancy guy fits well with the rest of the crew and I can especially see him and Dan clashing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

For as utterly amazing as that entire Jeremiah bit was, half the reason it worked was because of how spontaneous and unexpected it was. Throwing that into a quick look and dragging it out for 40 minutes sounds like a great way to ruin it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a great joke and I don't wanna watch it get beaten to death it's too cruel.

Gameraotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Jeremiah will be appearing on "Film and 40's - Dog Day Afternoon". He has absolutely seen that movie!

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Jeremiah seems too sophisticated to be into video games. Anyone who has seen a film like Dog Day Afternoon, which he definitely did, can't be bothered by children's toys.

RosesAreDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I didn't think a thread about Jeremiah would get so serious he seems like a cool dude who does things jeez leave him be

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Unlike that Black Mesa thing I do think it could actually work for one of those shorter 18 minute QL they do of indie titles mostly because it would be a character commenting on the game as opposed to Dan pretending not to know a game.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I want a Paul/Jeremiah QL of something really dumb like sunset overdrive, that would really split hairs I think

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeremiah has far too many adult intellectual pursuits to be engaged with digital entertainment and the culture surrounding it. Though I'm sure he's read several academic papers on the subject.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't listen to the beastcast/bombcast anymore so I have to ask... Who is Jeremiah???

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavapenguin: He's a CBS Podcaster who has a salary and a wife and has a very masculine deep voice and just sounds really put together. He doesn't bother himself with such concerns as knowing who wrestlers are. If your mom met Jeremiah, she'd be really impressed with him and ask you why you weren't more like Jeremiah.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater is right. Forcing these things never works. Besides, Jeremiah must be far too busy for something as trivial as Quick Looks.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Is this related to that sweet voice changer?

lunardroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, I hope so.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By soulcake

Jeramiah should only quick look "walking simulators" or horse racing games cause the rest is just below his standards.

Also is it just me or does Jeramiah sound like Howard Stern ?