Will Patrick Klepek beat Dan Ryckert's SMM Challenge?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Edited By fobwashed

Poll Will Patrick Klepek beat Dan Ryckert's SMM Challenge? (2816 votes)

#TeamPatrick 50%
#TeamDan 50%

The Grudge

After Patrick Klepek beat the latest Giant Bomb Community Level, he threw down the gauntlet

The Challenge

And Dan Ryckert responded with a challenge!

The Rules

• Patrick has 72 hours from the start of his first attempt to beat Dan's level
  • There is to be no help from the chat, community, or miiverse posts
  • If Patrick beats the level, he wins the war and Dan must donate $100 to a charity of Patrick's choosing
  • If Patrick fails, Patrick must donate $100 to a charity of Dan's choosing and admit that Dan has defeated him

Challenge Accepted!

And the challenge was accepted!

No Caption Provided

With $100 on the line, who do you think will win the bet of the century? Are you TeamPatrick or TeamRyckert!?

Donations

https://www.gofundme.com/theryckoning

There has been a gofundme set up where you can vote with your $$$. Are you TeamRyckert or TeamKlepek?

Further Updates

Game Over Greg Miller is firmly on the side of TeamPatrick putting up $100 of his own!

Dan Ryckert has finished building the level and has started attempting to upload it.

• 
BobaTrainwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BobaTrainwreck

I voted for Patrick. Sorry Dan, you are a monster.

Shinmaru007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like Mario Party, this is a game of skill that Dan Ryckert will not win.

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Dan. Moral high round be damned

Necrotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Patrick wins, money goes to charity.

As much as I'll enjoy seeing Dan troll him, I want to see Patrick eventually succeed.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Patrick wins, money goes to charity.

As much as I'll enjoy seeing Dan troll him, I want to see Patrick eventually succeed.

I'm guessing if Dan wins, money from Patrick's end will go to a charity of Dan's choosing. At least I think that's how it's setup.

necomata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, i think it would be more interesting if both of them made their levels and whoever couldn't finish his opponent's must donate 100$ to a charity and if both of them fail then both of them donate to a charity.

I think it's nigh time somebody beat Dan at Mario Maker, just like how Drew beat him at Mario Party.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I love that this whole saga brings out the part of Dan that wanted to be a wrestler. Man he'd have been a great heel manager.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necomata said:

You know, i think it would be more interesting if both of them made their levels and whoever couldn't finish his opponent's must donate 100$ to a charity and if both of them fail then both of them donate to a charity.

I think it's nigh time somebody beat Dan at Mario Maker, just like how Drew beat him at Mario Party.

I think this works better for two reasons.

1. There will be a clear winner and a clear loser. And regardless of who wins or loses, a charity wins whereas in your scenario, if both cleared the level, charity would get nothing and we'd be back to square one.
  2. The dynamic up till now has been Patrick plays levels Dan makes. It'd be weird to flip it on both of them and cancel out the history that we have up to this point. Also, Patrick has zero experience making levels right now to the point that he doesn't have anything unlocked in the creation mode.
jimbozu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's probably gunna have to spend a long time pixel hunting for hidden blocks with a cape or something, but I think patrick can do it.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I feel like every Mario level is solveable if you want to. Since there's pride & money on the line, the incentive is there.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At the end of this challenge Patrick will have to do the ONE thing he promised he wouldn't do, quit.

#TeamDan

Avatar image for synthesis_landale
synthesis_landale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Of course Dan is a monster, and that is why he will beat Patrick. He's Brock Lesnar and Patrick is Bo Dallas... Just sayin'...

Loading Video...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Good will conquer evil #TeamPatrick

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 2 cents.

I'm siding with TeamPatrick on this one. While I think Dan has become an incredibly crafty SMM level creator, I think Patrick at this point is the better Mario player. Because Dan has to finish the level for it to be uploaded, and because Patrick is the better player of the game, he should be able to finish it as well.

The big wrinkle here is that Dan will be able to set up traps and puzzles that need to be cracked before they can be beaten but he has stated that he won't be using any bugs or unfair tricks in his level so with time, Patrick should be able to solve em... He has a 3 day time limit and with a morning and an evening stream each day, Patrick will have around 6 hours of playtime. He can do it. I believe. TeamPatrick!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are many factors you have to think about here. Dan's mind is crazy enough to make some terrible Kaizo Mario shit, probably. But Patrick seems to have infinite patience in dealing with bullshit. But there is a time limit here that Patrick has to follow, and he might not have 72 hours to brute force the level the way we all hope he would.

Also the reward for either side is 100 dollars donated to charity, so I think Patrick would be more than willing to quit and tap out early if he doesn't want to/can't beat the level. I mean, I figure he's got like a wife and family to see and dinner plans and stuff. By being an adult, he automatically works at a disadvantage here.

As much as I hate to say it, I think I'm begrudgingly voting for Dan, here.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read that as SNM challenge for a second, which probably isn't entirely inaccurate either.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have faith in Scoops.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just here to watch babies cry.

tronicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godspeed Patrick.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Dan will claim victory, but only because of his inexplicable superhuman power to will things into happening. (makes that fantastic Elm Street photoshop even more appropriate, eh?) He will somehow create an impossible level and still manage to beat and upload it, because Dan does things like that. The man could turn water into wine if he thought it would annoy enough people.

I'm voting Patrick anyway, since I'm not sure I could live with "I sided with Dan Ryckert" on my conscience.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow you guys, voting against the home team? No wonder Dan is losing this poll with so many unpatriotic fans.

Klepek will triumph.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Dan has the advantage, he's the one pulling the strings. I don't think he'd issue a challenge that involved him possibly losing $100 if he were not confident in his level.

#teamdan

GrayFoxbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is incredible.Am i a bad person if i root for Dan? It feels like i am doing something evil.jk

The donation for charity was a nice touch. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My 2 cents.

I'm siding with TeamPatrick on this one. While I think Dan has become an incredibly crafty SMM level creator, I think Patrick at this point is the better Mario player. Because Dan has to finish the level for it to be uploaded, and because Patrick is the better player of the game, he should be able to finish it as well.

The big wrinkle here is that Dan will be able to set up traps and puzzles that need to be cracked before they can be beaten but he has stated that he won't be using any bugs or unfair tricks in his level so with time, Patrick should be able to solve em... He has a 3 day time limit and with a morning and an evening stream each day, Patrick will have around 6 hours of playtime. He can do it. I believe. TeamPatrick!

Yeah, if Dan isn't going to resort to hiding a star in an invisible block to get through some impossible portion of a level, then I think Patrick can take whatever he throws at him.

necomata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: I guess it's more interesting this way because there will be definite win-lose condition, but i would like to see Patrick turning the table on Dan.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#27  Edited By StarvingGamer
Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Always bet on Scoops.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

(love ya dan, but you're history's greatest monster :) )

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If Dan doesn't cheat with some hidden block crap, I'm confident Killer Klepek is gonna conquer whatever level Dan throws at him.

coreymw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it." - Admiral Painter

In short. Yes he will. But it will end in tears.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I don't know. Without constraints put upon him by Jeff and the chat, just free to do whatever the hell he wants with whatever warped logic he can come up with, I wouldn't be surprised if Dan does find a way to make an impossible level that only works if you know One Cool Trick.

I'm expecting a horror show. Team Dan all the way.

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick is a human being with limits, Dan is a monster who will stop at nothing to win.

#TeamDan

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By jakob187

I'd usually be on the side of Patrick, but...goddammit if Dan and his excellent heel work doesn't just rustle the fuck out of my jimmies. Moreover, every time I've seen Patrick running one of his levels, I just keep thinking "Dan is an evil fucking genius...absolutely fucking insane genius."

#TeamDan

deegamah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? I think that if Dan had the ability to do whatever he wanted, he could pull this off. As we saw in the livestream, he has some downright cruel ideas about how to design a Mario level, which were only tempered at the time by Jeff's knowing the line between difficult level design and just straight sadism. Without that limitation, he has free reign to do whatever Saw shit he can possibly dream up.

BUT.

I don't think he'll be able to break Patrick. And it has nothing to do with his skill as a level designer, and everything to do with the game itself. As we saw in both live streams, the Giant Bomb levels were pushing the item limits by the time they finished. This means that Dan only has about the same amount of content that he'll be able to put into one level, and I think that just won't be enough. Patrick's been able to triumph over the two community levels already, in much less time than he has for the challenge. There just isn't going to be enough that Dan can add into one level that will up the difficulty enough so that Patrick won't be able to beat it. Ultimately, I think that game limitations is going to be the deciding factor that lets Patrick take this over Dan.

homermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A vote for Dan is a vote for evil.

#TeamPatrick

CJ_Fant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CJ_Fant

I put my vote on Mr. Klepek. I do not look forward to what lies ahead for him, but I stand in solidarity for the Scoops.

#TeamPatrick

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe in Patrick Klepek

Death_Metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Death_Metalist
No Caption Provided

Team Dan all the way, demons represent!

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

I had to go with Dan, mostly because I found it wildly entertaining every time Patrick fell for one of his traps.

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

*bookmarks thread*

dis gon b gud

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deegamah said:

As we saw in both live streams, the Giant Bomb levels were pushing the item limits by the time they finished. This means that Dan only has about the same amount of content that he'll be able to put into one level, and I think that just won't be enough.

As far as I could tell, they were running into the limit on "dynamic" content, such as enemies and spinning razor blades and such, because they were careless and excessive about their use of those elements. I don't know that they were anywhere near the hard limit on "mundane" elements, which could've been substituted in many places to make equivalent (but maybe not so...er, psychologically impactful) structures.

Anyway, I kinda want to see Dan win, mainly because I'm always hopeful that Patrick will wind up entering every fucked deathtrap because it's hilarious. That said, Dan's scheming is bounded by his own ability to clear a level, so I think Patrick is in with a chance. No matter hot goes, I hope it comes down to the line.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil cannot win.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick will do it, maybe not in the time limit set by Dan but he will. He has a great problem solving brain.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And... Here. We. Go!

Also, holy crap. It took Dan 150+ attempts to clear his own level?

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is madness...but its freaking AWESOME! Go Patrick! You can do this dude!

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A vote for Dan, is a vote for the Danitied States of Danmerica! o\

BioStormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe in Dirty Dan Ryckert.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is geting really silly.

I kinda love it.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

150+ tries on his own level!? Don't break Patrick, never break!

I'm on #TeamPatrick but I also want Dan's craziness to take Patrick to the brink of insanity. So I guess I'm kind of siding with both but wanting Patrick to finish in the end.