Will the PS4 be at PAX East?

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By bassman2112

If February 20th is indeed the date we get a new console announcement, do you guys think it'll be at PAX East (a month later) in any capacity? I don't think it has to necessarily be playable, but it'd be cool to at least see one in action (see live demos, etc).

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Much like Playstation reveals of the past any "announcement" made in February will be lots of spreadsheets, graphs, talking heads and MAYBE some prelim shots of the case/controller and a quick video teaser or two. Maybe they have a design prototype on stage so that they can do a big sheet reveal.

As such I doubt there will really be anything meaningful to show as early as PAX especially since I'd imagine they'd be saving anything really meaningful for GDC or E3.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By morningstar

Who knows?

Mr_Antimatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mr_Antimatter

I'd wager not. They didn't publicly show the vita at the pax prime months after E3 pre-release, so I can't see them showing the ps4 pre-e3 to the public ether. I doubt they would even have enough produced by the factory to demo in mass at that point.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By jay_ray

No, at most they may have trailers that were at the Feb. 20 event. E3 is "game"day to them where actual gameplay is shown.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By jeff

If they have a big screen at their PAX booth I could see them running whatever tech demos/trailers come out of this event on that screen.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By algertman

Whatever they show the 20th they will show at PAX. I don't think they would waste showing anything big for the first time at PAX.

That would be like showing a trailer for some huge scifi movie for the first time at Dragon Con rather than at Comic-Con.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By colourful_hippie

Don't expect anything new.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By reisz

No. Sony likely doesn't consider any of the PAX shows to be an appropriate platform for announcements, too many fans, not enough business.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By jadegl

No I don't think so. Pax East isn't really the type of place where they would show it, I don't think. It's really more about games than hardware, at least from my experience. I will be super surprised if it is, let's just say.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11  Edited By ShadowMoses900

Well Sony does keep hinting at something big on the 20th, but we really don't know at this point. I think announcing the PS4 would be a great idea, they could build a bunch of hype around it and it would allow them to have a leg up on MS who will no doubt announce their next system really soon.